“I had my ups and down on this visit but the staff were helpful and sorted out the problems.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall

Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Ridgewood, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was a swift checkin and move to my room. However, I asked for a television listing and an instruction manual on setting the radio. No matter what I did, I could not set the radio to the correct time. I went out for dinner and on return the front desk could not locate a listing of the tv nor a manual for the radio. It was another day of asking for the radio manual and told they did not have one but someone would come up and reset it. In a matter of a few minutes, it was taken care of as well as a listing of the television stations. On another day of my four night stay, the room was not made up when I returned in the evening. It turned out that there was no staff available and it would be remedied the next day. And indeed, it was taken care of. The last item was the heating unit made enough noise to wake the dead, so I turned it off. After telling the front desk in the AM of the problem, it was corrected upon my return.

So much for the problems, the hotel rooms themselves are square in shape and have space for the king bed, a dresser with flat screen and a couch that seats two with table and hassock. Quite comfortable. There is a kitchen /work table. The kitchen has a two plate stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher along with dishes, and pots and pans. I went out each night but made use of the refrigerator. There was a coffee maker but the coffee itself was not very tasty.

The room comes with a full complimentary breakfast as on Monday to Thursday it serves a light dinner. The breakfast are well prepared and varied day by day. The egg sandwiches with cheese and sausage were hot, not salty and on fresh whole wheat muffins. The Eggs each day were kept fresh and resupplied. There was fresh fruit that was good as well as yoghurt and cereal. It was possible to have a tasty balanced breakfast.

In the evening, they served a hot meal along with beer or wine. One night was hot dog or hamburger, another was a taco,.. Each time there was salad present to round out the meal. The prepared food was pretty good, and again not salty at all, attention being paid to the preparation. The beer was poured from a keg and was cold but not many bubbles. A choice of Yuengling or Blue Moon.

The hotel does not have very much of a view with many rooms looking directly at a blank wall. It is quiet and located close to I 495 and other major road.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us although you had a few problems at the beginning of your stay. I understand that the hotel staff was able to remedy these issues quickly however, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night while I was in town for a business meeting. It was close to everything, the staff was nice, the room was clean, and we enjoyed our stay. The parking was a little strange, but okay once we figured it out. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are excited that we were able to exceed your expectations here at the Residence Inn. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed at this property a couple of times this year, each for about a week. It is very convenient for my business and it offers nice rooms and helpful friendly staff. Breakfasts are excellent and the free beer/wine and light meal Monday thru Thursday are a nice added value feature. On both occasions my room was on the 4th floor and strangely on both occasions I had major bathroom problems. Basically the toilet was unusable. It seems to be an acknowledged problem with the front desk. The toilet blocks very, very easily, even with light use. On one occasion we had to change rooms because it backed up all onto the floor and into the room (yuk). To be fair the other room in a different part of the property seemed ok. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to stay there again due this problem happening during both of my stays, which is too bad given the other good points.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor anywhere near the elevators due to poor plumbing, thus causing problems with the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

he did the most kindest thing ever. i was in room 219 and i check out saturday may 3rd. i was tired from work and he totally made me feel good. and also arrange a taxi for me. customer service was just amazing. and ive stayed there for over a week hes always smiling and happy mode. i will come back again. keep up with the hard work Abdoul keita you deservve better

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I share this review with Abdoul as well. We take pride in our hotel and its a reflected in our staff. Thank you again for staying with us and I look foward to your future stays.
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I picked this hotel because of the proximity to Tyson Corner Mall and Galleria. I travel a lot on business and I frequently stay at Marriott Residence Inn properties because they always make me feel like home. This one did not!! I suffered through this one night stay. It was freezing cold in the room and despite my efforts to turn on the heat only cold air blew through the vent all night. I ended up just turning the unit off and dealt with the overly cold room. My toilet was clogged up. I called the front desk the first time and the young lady came and unclogged it with a plunger. The next day it was clogged again. Who wants to stay in a room where you can't even use the bathroom. Not me!! The second time the front desk person told me I had to wait for the engineer to come in. I decided to just pack up and leave. Location was decent, breakfast was poor compared to others. Food did not taste good and selections were minimum. If I had of known that this stay would be like this I would have extended my stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse which was excellent.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Rm. 304!!!
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
April M

I would to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. This is not how I expect my staff at the Residence Inn to respond to guest requests. I would like to the opportunity to speak with you in furhter detail about your stay. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Afiya Miles
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I feel at home in this hotel. Have stayed several times and will continue to return. Love the kitchen. Good location for a jog. The breakfast is decent, but the dining area is a bit cramped on the weekends when groups of tourists are in house. Abdoul at the front desk is very attentive and professional, and always mades my last stay so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I am glad that you find our property comfortable! Our goal is to make our travelers feel like they are at home here at the Residence Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future stays with us!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Decent property in good condition, but less than attentive staff.

It can be hard to find the entrance at night (look for the short entrance drive) and I never could get anyone to answer the phone (3 calls) to give us directions.

I dialed the number a fourth time as I was standing at checkin and watched the call be ignored.

That's just not acceptable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business