“Convenient hotel with Marriott reliability” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Orlando, Florida
“Convenient hotel with Marriott reliability”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night while I was in town for a business meeting. It was close to everything, the staff was nice, the room was clean, and we enjoyed our stay. The parking was a little strange, but okay once we figured it out. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We are excited that we were able to exceed your expectations here at the Residence Inn. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed at this property a couple of times this year, each for about a week. It is very convenient for my business and it offers nice rooms and helpful friendly staff. Breakfasts are excellent and the free beer/wine and light meal Monday thru Thursday are a nice added value feature. On both occasions my room was on the 4th floor and strangely on both occasions I had major bathroom problems. Basically the toilet was unusable. It seems to be an acknowledged problem with the front desk. The toilet blocks very, very easily, even with light use. On one occasion we had to change rooms because it backed up all onto the floor and into the room (yuk). To be fair the other room in a different part of the property seemed ok. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to stay there again due this problem happening during both of my stays, which is too bad given the other good points.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor anywhere near the elevators due to poor plumbing, thus causing problems with the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

he did the most kindest thing ever. i was in room 219 and i check out saturday may 3rd. i was tired from work and he totally made me feel good. and also arrange a taxi for me. customer service was just amazing. and ive stayed there for over a week hes always smiling and happy mode. i will come back again. keep up with the hard work Abdoul keita you deservve better

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I share this review with Abdoul as well. We take pride in our hotel and its a reflected in our staff. Thank you again for staying with us and I look foward to your future stays.
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I picked this hotel because of the proximity to Tyson Corner Mall and Galleria. I travel a lot on business and I frequently stay at Marriott Residence Inn properties because they always make me feel like home. This one did not!! I suffered through this one night stay. It was freezing cold in the room and despite my efforts to turn on the heat only cold air blew through the vent all night. I ended up just turning the unit off and dealt with the overly cold room. My toilet was clogged up. I called the front desk the first time and the young lady came and unclogged it with a plunger. The next day it was clogged again. Who wants to stay in a room where you can't even use the bathroom. Not me!! The second time the front desk person told me I had to wait for the engineer to come in. I decided to just pack up and leave. Location was decent, breakfast was poor compared to others. Food did not taste good and selections were minimum. If I had of known that this stay would be like this I would have extended my stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse which was excellent.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Rm. 304!!!
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
April M

I would to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. This is not how I expect my staff at the Residence Inn to respond to guest requests. I would like to the opportunity to speak with you in furhter detail about your stay. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Afiya Miles
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I feel at home in this hotel. Have stayed several times and will continue to return. Love the kitchen. Good location for a jog. The breakfast is decent, but the dining area is a bit cramped on the weekends when groups of tourists are in house. Abdoul at the front desk is very attentive and professional, and always mades my last stay so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I am glad that you find our property comfortable! Our goal is to make our travelers feel like they are at home here at the Residence Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future stays with us!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Decent property in good condition, but less than attentive staff.

It can be hard to find the entrance at night (look for the short entrance drive) and I never could get anyone to answer the phone (3 calls) to give us directions.

I dialed the number a fourth time as I was standing at checkin and watched the call be ignored.

That's just not acceptable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Tys
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Noisy. Every time someone in a room below me flushes their toilet, it sounds like an explosion in my room. The Exercise Room is a bit of a joke. Food is horrible. Checking out tomorrow and finding another place to stay.

Stayed March 2014
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I would like to the opportunity to learn more about your stay. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!