“Very Clean, Comfortable and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Again, the Marriott Residence Inn brand is consistently way above average. The entire service staff was friendly, accommodating and focused on providing a home-like feeling. Absolutely clean, orderly and roomy; you are not squeezing into a tiny room. Huge plus are the Mon-Thurs social meals, so that you can relax if you have spent all day traveling or working. My favorite Marriott brand that really allows you to unwind at the end of the day. Great job by the whole team!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your stay so memorable and that you were able to take advantage of our Evening Social Hour! We are looking forward to your next stay!

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
International Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been going to this property now for about 10 years..... I have seen their transitions and improvements over the years - and they have never been better. The GM is the type that gets to know you by name - the staff is friendly and engaging - and the service is commensurate a five-star property. Realistically - Residence Inn properties are not supposed to compete with the JW Marriotts ... or the Ritz Carltons of the area - but this property does a legitimate job in seducing the business traveler because the amazing amenities they offer - which are
unparallelled in the area - really give reason to keep going back.

Sure, the TV channels skip out when there is a thunderstorm ... the new flat-screen TVs are a little large for my personal taste given the proximity to the bed - sometimes my shower curtain rod is not perfectly level (the travesty!!) ... and sometimes the amazing breakfast draws so many people its hard to find a seat in the newly rennovated lobby... but I can live with the incidental flaws based on the fact that the breakfast actually CHANGES each day - the dinner is a proper meal (also changing each day) where i don't have to find something else - the free, select adult beverages give the feel of a happy hour (how many hotel lobbies have you been in that can say this??) - and the people are actually enjoyable to talk with. My challenge to all who stay here is to figure out which of the employees just recently worked at a luxury car dealership as a lead service rep.

As for the numerous positives of this property - I only regret that by writing a positive review of this secret oasis in the Tysons Corner area that availability will decrease with more people wanting to stay there. Thank goodness Marriott offers the 'Platinum Override' where I'm guaranteed a room for their 'frequent stayers' :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and I'm so glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast and the Evening Dinner Hour with beverages! We are looking forward to your next visit to the Tysons Corner area and hope to see you back again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this Residence Inn for a week and the room is very comfortable - could use a bigger and more well designed closet...apart from that, the bed was comfortable and the living quarters included full kitchen amenities, so that was very helpful.

In addition, a thorough breakfast with healthy options is included, as is dinner, including wine and beer. And to top it all off, Jake and the rest of the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm happy that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen in your suite as well as the Hot Buffet Breakfast and the Evening Social Hour with Beer and Wine. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in a King Studio for one week on business. Location was convenient to Mitre building in McLean and right off of 495. It was a short drive to Tysons Corner Mall. I was on the 6th floor and had no problem with noise. The room was a good size but had a very small closet and no luggage stand. Plenty of chairs in the room so I used one of those. The flat screen swiveled between the sleeping area and the living area. No complaints sleeping and the shower had great water pressure. The kitchen was a great amenity and I used the full-sized refrigerator and microwave often. I grabbed a few groceries on Monday and between the hotel breakfasts and dinners and the room kitchen, I didn't have to step foot outside for any meals unless I chose to. It was a great convenience. The breakfast was good and typical of RIs but the dinner was better than I've seen. Even the nights I didn't enjoy the dinner meal, there was always salad available. Loved their service in the dining area, both morning and night.

Fitness room at the hotel is very small- 2 bikes and 2 treadmills. I utilized the bikes one morning and there is a TV, radio, towels and water in the room. The best part, however, is they offer passes to Tysons Sport & Health, about a 5 minute drive away. Sport & Health is a full fitness center with the works. I attended one of the classes and was definitely impressed by the crowd and quality of the workout. Warning- it was a little difficult to find since it sits on the other side of the parking garage, but I called once I was turned around and received assistance. There is a $1 charge for parking one you get your parking ticket validated. The hotel front desk has limited passes and they have to be returned after use so plan accordingly. I went downstairs thinking I could grab a pass and go but ended up waiting an hour for another guest to return one of the passes.

Overall this hotel has great amenities for business travel. The money saved on the meals and the evening socials is a great bonus. I'm not a drinker, but the wine and beer were a hit every night. Service was great by ALL, which is rare. The hotel and room itself are nothing spectacular, but are in great shape and nothing to complain about. The amenities and service earn this hotel the 5th "star." I would definitely stay again if in this area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right beside the stairs or elevator if the noise will bother you. I heard it a few door...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay! We have also upgraded our Fitness Center to include a free weights, work-out bench and an eliptical for your to enjoy during your next visit. Thanks again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not every Residence Inn has free wine and beer at the Monday through Thursday Manager's Reception, but this one does! I'm staying two weeks and can't wait for the rest of the trpi! My room is a little bit smaller than the other Residence Inns I'm used to, but it still has the same look and feel as other Residence Inns throughout Virginia, and it offers more than ample space. Plus the traditional popcorn is availalble on demand! Thanks Residence Inn for making this business trip more than bearable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you have been able to join us for the Evening Social hour and enjoy the complimentary beer and wine. Please let us know if there is anything more that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable!
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for a few days while on business. The hotel is clean and offers a great breakfast. Also, in the evenings Mon-Thur, a social hour is held for two hours. I found it nice to come home after work and find a hot meal and a beer waiting. The staff is extremely courteous. The general manager worked with me on multiple occassions after I departed to provide me a proper receipt for my expense report. My room was always kept clean by the staff and the kitchenette had all the utensils a kitchen should have. I always stay at Residence Inn's and I'll be sure to stay at this one should I have business here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Jason! It was a pleasure having you as our guests and I'm very happy to hear that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable! We are looking forward to your next visit!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love staying in this hotel. It is very convenient to everything in Tysons, but it is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets. The hotel is clean and quiet and well kept up, although is is not new anymore. My room was on the 6th floor as I always request a high floor. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very complete with hot and cold choices. Having a car is best although it is very close to the center of Tysons and either a shuttle bus or taxi would work easily. Once the Metro stop is completed it will be great. The staff at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful. I also felt safe traveling as a single female.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
What kind words! Thank you for letting us know of your enjoyment while staying with us and it makes the entire team happy to know that they all played a role in your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!