I've been going to this property now for about 10 years..... I have seen their transitions and improvements over the years - and they have never been better. The GM is the type that gets to know you by name - the staff is friendly and engaging - and the service is commensurate a five-star property. Realistically - Residence Inn properties are not supposed to compete with the JW Marriotts ... or the Ritz Carltons of the area - but this property does a legitimate job in seducing the business traveler because the amazing amenities they offer - which are
unparallelled in the area - really give reason to keep going back.
Sure, the TV channels skip out when there is a thunderstorm ... the new flat-screen TVs are a little large for my personal taste given the proximity to the bed - sometimes my shower curtain rod is not perfectly level (the travesty!!) ... and sometimes the amazing breakfast draws so many people its hard to find a seat in the newly rennovated lobby... but I can live with the incidental flaws based on the fact that the breakfast actually CHANGES each day - the dinner is a proper meal (also changing each day) where i don't have to find something else - the free, select adult beverages give the feel of a happy hour (how many hotel lobbies have you been in that can say this??) - and the people are actually enjoyable to talk with. My challenge to all who stay here is to figure out which of the employees just recently worked at a luxury car dealership as a lead service rep.
As for the numerous positives of this property - I only regret that by writing a positive review of this secret oasis in the Tysons Corner area that availability will decrease with more people wanting to stay there. Thank goodness Marriott offers the 'Platinum Override' where I'm guaranteed a room for their 'frequent stayers' :)
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall Hotel Vienna
- Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall Hotel
- Residence Inn Vienna
- Vienna Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott® Tysons Corner Mall hotel is ideally located in Northern Virginia's fastest growing corporate market. Both Reagan National and Dulles International airports are easily accessible. The Dunn Loring METRO station is just minutes from the hotel, giving easy access to Washington DC & its many attractions and government offices. Our beautiful Tysons Corner hotel boasts comfortable spacious suites offering a fully equipped kitchen; plenty of space to relax; and a space to set up an office while you're on the road. Guests are minutes from Kennedy Center, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, the Pentagon and Washington National Cathedral. Shopping near the Residence Inn Tysons Corner includes Tysons Corner Shopping Center and Tysons Galleria. The hotel offers guests a complimentary dinner which is served Mon-Thurs with beer/wine and a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet is served daily. We are waiting for you at the Residence Inn by Marriott® Tysons Corner Mall hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.