“Gem of a hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love staying in this hotel. It is very convenient to everything in Tysons, but it is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets. The hotel is clean and quiet and well kept up, although is is not new anymore. My room was on the 6th floor as I always request a high floor. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very complete with hot and cold choices. Having a car is best although it is very close to the center of Tysons and either a shuttle bus or taxi would work easily. Once the Metro stop is completed it will be great. The staff at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful. I also felt safe traveling as a single female.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
What kind words! Thank you for letting us know of your enjoyment while staying with us and it makes the entire team happy to know that they all played a role in your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I chose this Marriott for location convenience. It was in the area where I had to do go on business.This is an older bldg which I wasn't too excited about but it was clean and quiet. There is nothing within walking distance that caught my attention as far as resturaunts so I drove over to the Tysons Galleria area to eat. BTW, don't do curbside Cheesecake Factory unless you thoroughly check your food for both freshness and accuracy because I was not satisfied. This has happened to me twice but now I know to either dine in or check thoroughly. The traffic was really heavy so it took awhile to drive a short distance. The customer service at the hotel was pretty decent. Overall, it just needs updating. It depends on what you're doing in the area but since I've gotten a bit spoiled to a certain standard with certain Marriots, Hiltons and Four Seasons, I probably would not personally stay here again. I think I'll try the Hilton Garden Inn down the street to see how that goes. I'll check their reviews first:-)

Room Tip: I've only tried this particular location once so I have no other rooms to compare mine too.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
How nice to hear that our team was able to make your stay comfortble and enjoyable! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Staff are outstanding. The staff go out of their way in greeting folks, answering questions, and providing services such as the meals (breakfast and dinner). One could not ask for better staff.

The hotel is very accomodating, clean, spacious, and good location for easy local and freeway access.

It has been truly helpful on Friday mornings to see the breakfast bar area open before 6:30 am as many of us have early flights and this gives us an opportunity to grab a bite as we rush off to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
It is very kind of you to write such nice things about the property and staff! We strive to make every stay memorable so it gives us great delight that you were extremely satisfied with your visit. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great Hotel, Great Location. Beautiful, clean, comfortable, appointed suite. I loved it & would definitely stay again. I stayed for my 30th Birthday & totally enjoyed the entire trip. The room had everything a traveler could ask for. Comfortable bed, sofa. Spotless kitchen w/Full refrigerator, microwave & stovetop. Beautiful bathroom w/separate vanity. Breakfast was delicious. I ate every morning. Tysons Corner mall is one stop light away and the hotel is not too far from other shopping centers as well as Reston Town Center & Leesburg Premium Outlets. Will definitely stay again. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Wow! It's wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I'm happy that you were extremely satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location is perfect. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. It's quiet and convenient and the staff is lovely. I interacted quite a bit with the gm, asst gm and the other desk folks and they were always very helpful, going far beyond their normal duties to help me out with some out of the ordinary things. I will definitely stay here each time I'm in the area. Parking was super easy too, and FREE! I really couldn't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit! Happy travels!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

So as per all the other reviews, hotel is great, room size very comfy and spread out and sure beats all the hiltons, marriott sister properties within the tysons area. Every staff i met from the breakfast staff to front desk, reception to cleaning staff..... They were all very friendly and one can really see the joy of working at this place. Management must be doing something right here! They were all quick to help.

I arrived late and there was nice coffee, flavoured creamers and I was just telling the front desk on checking in what a great welcome to have a cup of coffee and how I needed it after a long day of travelling etc. Out he whipped 2 cookies in a take out bag from the front desk and said that could better compliment the coffee. Breakfast is free and top notch. Not a big big wasteful spread but more that what you can imagine being free. (egg benedict, scrambled eggs, honey bacon, yoghurt, fruits, a few cerals, make your own waffles, juices etc) perfect.....

Eating area/lobby has been reno-ed further i think from the pictures here and they have a wii machine, and the configuration much better than before. The skylight also brightens the place.

Rooms are clean, exhaust fan in bathroom noisy (could fix that) and carpets close to brandnew.

Only thing is there are less shops colpared to those closer to tyson corner malls. I took a rental car so that helps me get around and there are a few restaurants within walking distance too but its a little inconvenient until the new rail train station is complete on leesburg pike.

Access to rooms too are via uncovered walkways and yo can drive your car nearly right to your doorstep. no long windy corridors to navigate and each room is like within a townhouse. Nice and quiet and spreadout.....

Howeer, I also found out from my colleagues that the other hotels (courtyard marriott, hilton, marriot tysons) offer free shuttle buses to some of the business office buildings around here ..... but not this Marriott. It didnt matter to me because i drove but i thought i mention so that you would know that the other hotels here offer this shuttle service around.

But other than the shuttle, this is a great hotel. I have clients here so will be pleased to come back again soon.

• Stayed November 2012
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are please that you were very satisfied with your stay!
Wooster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visit the Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall approximately 4x/year. We love this hotel! The hotel is very clean, has a friendly and accommodating staff and we enjoy their complimentary breakfast every morning! We highly recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your most recent stay with us and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time to the fullest! Our team works tirelessly to make every guest feel comfortable and rested so it is nice to hear we were able to provide such a memorable stay for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!