“Great Hotel :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“Great Hotel :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great Hotel, Great Location. Beautiful, clean, comfortable, appointed suite. I loved it & would definitely stay again. I stayed for my 30th Birthday & totally enjoyed the entire trip. The room had everything a traveler could ask for. Comfortable bed, sofa. Spotless kitchen w/Full refrigerator, microwave & stovetop. Beautiful bathroom w/separate vanity. Breakfast was delicious. I ate every morning. Tysons Corner mall is one stop light away and the hotel is not too far from other shopping centers as well as Reston Town Center & Leesburg Premium Outlets. Will definitely stay again. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Wow! It's wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I'm happy that you were extremely satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location is perfect. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. It's quiet and convenient and the staff is lovely. I interacted quite a bit with the gm, asst gm and the other desk folks and they were always very helpful, going far beyond their normal duties to help me out with some out of the ordinary things. I will definitely stay here each time I'm in the area. Parking was super easy too, and FREE! I really couldn't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit! Happy travels!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

So as per all the other reviews, hotel is great, room size very comfy and spread out and sure beats all the hiltons, marriott sister properties within the tysons area. Every staff i met from the breakfast staff to front desk, reception to cleaning staff..... They were all very friendly and one can really see the joy of working at this place. Management must be doing something right here! They were all quick to help.

I arrived late and there was nice coffee, flavoured creamers and I was just telling the front desk on checking in what a great welcome to have a cup of coffee and how I needed it after a long day of travelling etc. Out he whipped 2 cookies in a take out bag from the front desk and said that could better compliment the coffee. Breakfast is free and top notch. Not a big big wasteful spread but more that what you can imagine being free. (egg benedict, scrambled eggs, honey bacon, yoghurt, fruits, a few cerals, make your own waffles, juices etc) perfect.....

Eating area/lobby has been reno-ed further i think from the pictures here and they have a wii machine, and the configuration much better than before. The skylight also brightens the place.

Rooms are clean, exhaust fan in bathroom noisy (could fix that) and carpets close to brandnew.

Only thing is there are less shops colpared to those closer to tyson corner malls. I took a rental car so that helps me get around and there are a few restaurants within walking distance too but its a little inconvenient until the new rail train station is complete on leesburg pike.

Access to rooms too are via uncovered walkways and yo can drive your car nearly right to your doorstep. no long windy corridors to navigate and each room is like within a townhouse. Nice and quiet and spreadout.....

Howeer, I also found out from my colleagues that the other hotels (courtyard marriott, hilton, marriot tysons) offer free shuttle buses to some of the business office buildings around here ..... but not this Marriott. It didnt matter to me because i drove but i thought i mention so that you would know that the other hotels here offer this shuttle service around.

But other than the shuttle, this is a great hotel. I have clients here so will be pleased to come back again soon.

• Stayed November 2012
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are please that you were very satisfied with your stay!
Wooster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visit the Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall approximately 4x/year. We love this hotel! The hotel is very clean, has a friendly and accommodating staff and we enjoy their complimentary breakfast every morning! We highly recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your most recent stay with us and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time to the fullest! Our team works tirelessly to make every guest feel comfortable and rested so it is nice to hear we were able to provide such a memorable stay for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in the unfortunate situation of being in Washington DC for business as Hurricane Sandy approached Washington DC. The entire staff from General Manager to housekeepers went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the safety and comfort of the guests as the storm approached and passed through the Washington DC area.

Timely and important information was delivered to all the guests through signs, hand delivery, and personal telephone calls.

My hat is off to the professionalism of the staff!

BTW: The hotel is very nice too. This was my second stay in 45 days and I will be back when my event is rescheduled in December.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I'm happy to know that you were so pleased with your stay with us! We are always striving to create memorable experiences and I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for five nights for business at the beginning of October. I was very pleased with the hotel - very spacious, clean rooms that included a flat screen, blow dryer, kitchenette, and free wireless access. The hotel also offered a dinner from Mon through Thurs from 5:30 to 7pm. I've been to manager's receptions before and was surprised to find there was a good deal of food available that could actually be eaten as a filling dinner. They alternate between BBQ, comfort food, Italian food, Nacho, and soup/sandwich nights. They also include free beer and wine. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is in a great location. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
It is very kind of you to write such nice things about the property and staff! We strive to make every stay memorable so it gives us great delight that you were extremely satisfied with your visit. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Southside, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled with 3 family members after booking on Marriott Reward points at this hotel. We had booked via the central booking office and not directly with this particular hotel reception/booking staff so when we arrived the room was not as we envisioned by the description given to us at the time of booking and was not big enough for all 4 of us. The reception staff/manager etc was very understanding and we were able to get 2 rooms side by side without any hassle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are pleased that we were able to accomodate you and your family's needs during your stay with us! Our staff's number one concern is to always make your stay comfortable and enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!