“Wonderful Staff!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Merritt Island, Florida
“Wonderful Staff!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in the unfortunate situation of being in Washington DC for business as Hurricane Sandy approached Washington DC. The entire staff from General Manager to housekeepers went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the safety and comfort of the guests as the storm approached and passed through the Washington DC area.

Timely and important information was delivered to all the guests through signs, hand delivery, and personal telephone calls.

My hat is off to the professionalism of the staff!

BTW: The hotel is very nice too. This was my second stay in 45 days and I will be back when my event is rescheduled in December.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I'm happy to know that you were so pleased with your stay with us! We are always striving to create memorable experiences and I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for five nights for business at the beginning of October. I was very pleased with the hotel - very spacious, clean rooms that included a flat screen, blow dryer, kitchenette, and free wireless access. The hotel also offered a dinner from Mon through Thurs from 5:30 to 7pm. I've been to manager's receptions before and was surprised to find there was a good deal of food available that could actually be eaten as a filling dinner. They alternate between BBQ, comfort food, Italian food, Nacho, and soup/sandwich nights. They also include free beer and wine. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is in a great location. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
It is very kind of you to write such nice things about the property and staff! We strive to make every stay memorable so it gives us great delight that you were extremely satisfied with your visit. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Southside, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled with 3 family members after booking on Marriott Reward points at this hotel. We had booked via the central booking office and not directly with this particular hotel reception/booking staff so when we arrived the room was not as we envisioned by the description given to us at the time of booking and was not big enough for all 4 of us. The reception staff/manager etc was very understanding and we were able to get 2 rooms side by side without any hassle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are pleased that we were able to accomodate you and your family's needs during your stay with us! Our staff's number one concern is to always make your stay comfortable and enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Loved our stay at the Residence Inn. Although it was a bit difficult to find, it was still close to Tysons Corner Mall, which is the reason we booked. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was amazing. Any hotel where I can make my own Belgian waffle is good with me!

We used the outdoor pool on Sunday morning and were the only people there (apart from the lifeguard). The pool was warm and wonderful.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
What kind words! Thank you for letting us know of your enjoyment while staying with us and it makes the entire team happy to know that they all played a role in your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Staten Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I travel quite alot to Tysons Corner for business, and love this property- as a Marriott Gold member- they are always accomodating my benefits- the rooms are always clean and spacious. The staff is always happy and energetic! Excactly what one needs when away from home. I would ignore the negative comments about this place- if any! This place is always up to Marriott standards and it never lets me down. I would imagine if anyone posts something negative- it is most likely because they don't typically travel. This is your typical size of a Residence Inn so no surprises...exactly what one would want in a well-managed property! Kudos to the entires staff!

Room Tip: I like room at the ends of the hallway- then I don't have to worry much about additional noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Wow! It is wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I'm happy that you were extremely satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!
Westlake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booked this hotel thru this via venere.com in march. Received confirmation email for 2 king bed suite. When I arrive to the hotel, residence inn says they have no such rooms. I am a single mom, with two little kids and my elderly mother and aunt accompanied us. I called venere.com and they told me to email the complaint dept. then offered me an extra room at discount for one night..."until I figure things out" that was after admitting their mistake. They blamed Marriott website for misinformation, and of course Marriott blamed them! 8 o'clock at night and near tears... I took the extra room. Iwould think twice before booking with venere!!
Front desk was empathetic, but ...in the end i didn't get what I was promised

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your review Dmariemartin! I would like to applogize for the inconvienece you experienced. We are working with Venere.com to correct this bedding set-up error as soon as possible. I was happy to hear that you were able to find accomodations that fit you and your family's needs for the remainder of the week! Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall - we hope to see you back again soon!
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member, and this hotel ranks highest on my list. From the manager Jessica Conley on down to the front desk workers including Jeremy, the staff is outstanding. They are all aware of how to treat people and pets with respect and ability to assist. I will continue to book my Virginia stays there.

Room Tip: My requirements are different from most others. I need a first floor room. Have stayed in most of th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback William W! It's always a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you back again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!