“Great Residence Inn- up to Marriott expectations!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Staten Island, NY
“Great Residence Inn- up to Marriott expectations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I travel quite alot to Tysons Corner for business, and love this property- as a Marriott Gold member- they are always accomodating my benefits- the rooms are always clean and spacious. The staff is always happy and energetic! Excactly what one needs when away from home. I would ignore the negative comments about this place- if any! This place is always up to Marriott standards and it never lets me down. I would imagine if anyone posts something negative- it is most likely because they don't typically travel. This is your typical size of a Residence Inn so no surprises...exactly what one would want in a well-managed property! Kudos to the entires staff!

Room Tip: I like room at the ends of the hallway- then I don't have to worry much about additional noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Wow! It is wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I'm happy that you were extremely satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Westlake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booked this hotel thru this via venere.com in march. Received confirmation email for 2 king bed suite. When I arrive to the hotel, residence inn says they have no such rooms. I am a single mom, with two little kids and my elderly mother and aunt accompanied us. I called venere.com and they told me to email the complaint dept. then offered me an extra room at discount for one night..."until I figure things out" that was after admitting their mistake. They blamed Marriott website for misinformation, and of course Marriott blamed them! 8 o'clock at night and near tears... I took the extra room. Iwould think twice before booking with venere!!
Front desk was empathetic, but ...in the end i didn't get what I was promised

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your review Dmariemartin! I would like to applogize for the inconvienece you experienced. We are working with Venere.com to correct this bedding set-up error as soon as possible. I was happy to hear that you were able to find accomodations that fit you and your family's needs for the remainder of the week! Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall - we hope to see you back again soon!
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member, and this hotel ranks highest on my list. From the manager Jessica Conley on down to the front desk workers including Jeremy, the staff is outstanding. They are all aware of how to treat people and pets with respect and ability to assist. I will continue to book my Virginia stays there.

Room Tip: My requirements are different from most others. I need a first floor room. Have stayed in most of th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback William W! It's always a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you back again soon!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was my first time staying in this residence inn and I must admit I was pleased....The front desk staff was very friendly, especially Nicole, I loved the way she always addressed me using my last name every time she spoke to me as if she's known me for years....I also heard her do the same for other guests too. Emily, the night auditor, was very pleasant as well she was a joy to speak with when I first called in to make the room reservationThe room I had was a king suite, was sort of small with husband and 15 yr old daughter, but we made do and saved a bundle. The breakfast was free every morning, I'm from the south and they DID NOT HAVE GRITS! OMG......but they did have oatmeal so I survived...if you are on vacation breakfast is from 6:30 - 8:30. I used the shuttle to take me to the metro, word of advise on your way back from your destination, when using the shuttle call them before at least 20 min of your arrival back to the station they dropped you off at especially during rush hour, they will wait for you. Dinner was also cool and it was FREE. The Managers Reception is what it's called they post the menu for the
week on the fridge and it's all the free wine and beer until they run out the start time is 5:30 pm -7:00 pm.....we didn't use the cooking facility in room..The bathroom was small but it served it's purpose and a were not living in the bathroom so no big deal......the pull out sofa was perfect for our 15 yr old daughter....everything is studio style no room separation for bed, sofa or kitchen.

Overall this little Inn saved us at least $400 with us eating breakfast and dinner there every day.....Good job well done you gave restored my faith in The Residence Inn.....

Room Tip: I stayed in 204.....over looked the pool and quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time to the fullest! Our team works tirelessly to make every guest feel comfortable and rested so it is nice to hear we were able to provide such a memorable stay for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here for about 3 weeks on business. The room was an alright size, but since it was a suite I did feel a little cramped having to cook, eat, work and sleep within the same little area. The bathroom was tiny, nothing very impressive, but it worked. There was a small pullout sofa, but it was not very big. The kitchenette was something that I was looking forward to having, but I was disappointed to find that there are no ovens, and the stovetop is just a small little 2-burner top about 2 inches away from the fridge. It was so cramped that I used it just once and decided it wasn't worth the annoyance.

I did like the complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate that they leave in your room, plus the cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate that is available down in the lobby (although there were not always cookies when I went down there).

The breakfast was sub-par. The eggs and potatoes were usually quite cold and did not taste good. The muffins were ok, but small and rather bland as well. Sometimes the fruit was good, but other days the bananas were under or over-ripe. It was convenient that I could just grab something and take it on the way to work, but I have definitely had much better free breakfast in other hotels.

The evening reception was only Monday through Thursday, and the food was really not good. I liked the free beer, but you are limited to 1 of 2 choices, and they limit you to 3 drinks for the whole evening (not that I ever wanted more than that). I'm a vegetarian, so my options were always super limited for the evening reception, too. One time there was some really bad grilled cheese (how can you make bad grilled cheese??), but otherwise I just got some food from outside of the hotel.

Housekeeping was fine, but even if you put the thing on your door saying you didn't want it they would knock on your door several times until you answered to try to come in and clean your room every day. This was slightly annoying since I'd sometimes work late hours and this would wake me up from time to time. You could also hear them knocking on other people's doors because the rooms weren't too incredibly sound-proof (although I have seen worse).

While I was there, they did a carpet cleaning. It was really frustrating, because they did it several hours before I got back from work, but the carpet was still wet for a couple of days following it, even though their notice said it would only take a couple of hours to dry. It made everything smell pretty gross and obviously it was gross to walk around without shoes on in the room.

The air conditioner in the room was good for the first couple of days that I stayed there, but then it seemed that the hotel was capping the usage for the rooms or something because I couldn't get it to cool the room below 75 or so. It was really hot out, but I've never been in a hotel room that I couldn't get it as cool as I wanted for comfort. In fact, I'm usually freezing and have to turn the air conditioner off, so I was really unhappy and surprised to see that this was something I'd have to deal with here.

On top of being really slow, the elevators also did not have any kind of air circulation going on. They were really stuffy and it was always unpleasant when I had to use one. I was also at this hotel during a power outage because of storms in the area on the weekend before the 4th of July. It took them days to get electricity back, so obviously it was unpleasant during the power outage, and afterward the hotel smelled awful.

Parking is another thing I didn't like too much. The above ground parking was fine, but if you got there too late you had to park in their underground parking garage. The annoying thing was that it was an L-shaped garage (like the hotel), but it did not have an exit, so you had to turn all the way around and go back out the way you came in. Plus, it felt pretty sketchy down there at night, and I didn't really feel safe leaving my car there or getting out and walking up to the hotel by myself. There was no elevator so make sure you don't try to haul your luggage with you from down there like I did!

The rooms have been renovated somewhat recently, so they do look nice, but I definitely didn't think it was worth dealing with everything else to stay here again. The staff are friendly, but the overall quality of the hotel was just not something that i'm willing to pay so much for when there are better hotels in the area with better rates, not to mention the fact that Hilton hotels offer such a better rewards program than Marriott (you only get 5 rewards points per dollar at the Residence Inn).

Room Tip: It might help to get a room far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Wow! It is wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I am happy that you were satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

As always, I had yet another great experience at a Marriott property. The Residence Inn -- Tysons Corner Mall is particularly enjoyable because of its convenience to the workplace, the free shuttle from Metro to the hotel and from the hotel to the workplace, and the complimentary dinners and breakfasts. Most of all, the staff at the Residence Inn -- Tysons Corner Mall are exceptional, from the front desk, to housekeeping, and to the staff in the dining area. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and it is nice to see that you were able to experience most of the amenities and features that the hotel has to offer. We are excited to see you on your next stay and look forward to making all of your stays memorable. Thank you again!
Newport, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I recently spent several nights at this Residence Inn, it is a great place to stay. My room was immaculate every single day. Breakfast is free all week and supper, which includes beer and wine, is provided Monday through Thursday night. There is a free shuttle, I think with a two mile range, available during most weekdays and the drivers are very friendly and helpful. There is also a bus route with stops close to the hotel so it is easy to get around despite the crazy traffic in Tysons Corner! The laundry room and fitness room (two treadmills and two bikes) were always perfectly clean. The employees are excellent in every way! I got especially great care from Nicole at the front desk. I really doubt there is a much better Residence Inn anywhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your most recent stay with us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time to the fullest! Our team works tirelessly to make every guest feel comfortable and rested so it is nice to hear we were able to provide such a memorable stay for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!