“Worth the Money!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harth at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Located on 2T Metro Bus Line, stop #7920 Jones Branch Drive.
Description: An abundance of fresh, locally grown and farm raised food is featured at Tysons Corner's newest and exciting restaurant, härth. Celebrating modern American food that brings a fresh and contemporary approach to dining. Executive Chef Tom Elder orchestrates a menu of locally sourced ingredients from farms scattered throughout northern Virginia’s countryside. härth also has a terrace level garden and one of the best apairies in northern virginia, with 4 bee hives producing our own honey. The menu features wood fired flatbreads, comfort food favorites and our signature bacon jam. Enjoy our wine list and signature beverages delivered through an ipad. härth also has a great semi-private dining space perfect for business or social events. Come see what the "buzz" is all about!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worth the Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Breakfast! The apple cider tasted as if it was just squeezed! The french toast was to die for! A little on the expensive side, but worth the money!

Visited September 2012
Thomas E, Executive Chef at Harth at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the review!

Annapolis, Maryland
“My bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hamburger tasted delicious but got halfway through and had to rush to my room because my stomach was really upset and I was praying I did not throw up while in the resturaunt and be embarrassed. I threw up every drop and that never happened to me before. Once my stomach got back to normal I was able to eat a light late dinner and I was fine. Perhaps I got a bad batch of meat there. Outside of that, the resturaunt has a beautiful ambience and atmosphere. Overpriced but I would've gone back if it wasn't for the meat I had.

Visited January 2013
Thomas E, General Manager at Harth at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Veronica K, thank you for your review. I would like you to know that immediately after viewing your review I followed up with this myself. I evaluated all of our products to ensure that everything is fresh and properly stored. I sincerely apologize for your negative experience and hope that you are feeling better. If there is anything more that I can do, please feel free to reach out. Thank you for your review, Chef Tom.
Northern Virginia
“Good, but was expecting more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Harth is rated #1 rated restaurant in McLean, so I thought we would try it out. When you step in, I was blown away. Very nice modernly decorated. It looks like a restaurant of the future. The restaurant has a beautiful display that features their wines, however, when I saw the wine menu, I thought the wine by the glass choices were disappointing. Some could be purchased at a local grocery store and I like restaurants that find good wines that are more unique. We started with the bread and shrimp appetizer and it was very good. We tried the flatbread and I did not enjoy it as much. I like flatbread that is very crisp and this seemed a little thicker. Finally, we shared the farmhouse chicken with the brussel sprouts. It was good, but lacked uniqueness and big flavor. The service was average as our appetizer dishes were left on the table even though our main entree was served. Overall, a good meal, but my expectations were higher

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomas E, Executive Chef at Harth at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am always happy to hear feedback from our guests and take all comments to heart in regards to your experience. I apologize for not delivering the wow factor that we always strive to give our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and your appetizer. I will be sure to follow up with these challenges to ensure that for each guest, we are delivering a five star meal. Thank you!
Washington, DC
“Great atmosphere, very contemporary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Service is sketchy. Long lag times and not given the correct utensils and it took awhile to get them and the food had to sit. The place is wonderfully decorated. Lots of whites with fireplaces, hence "Harth." A homey feel with throw pillows in the booths. The beet salad was ample in size and good. The fig/gorgonzola/prosciutto flatbread was nice (everyone now has flatbreads/thin pizzas), flatbreads are my default entrée when I can't determine what else to get. The Mushroom risotto was yummy, I had a taste. The Apple Tart is enough to share. The crust was light and airy. The Smores set-up was a fun mess to eat. A good-sized chocolate pot, melted marshmallows, coconut, and it comes with carmel too. My friend really enjoyed it. The bar seems very active and I believe they have special bar food. Would be a place to try-out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomas E, Executive Chef at Harth at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed some of my personal favorites on the menu. The 'Smores are at the top of my list! I would like to apologize for the service challenges that you experienced. I will follow up with this to ensure that it does not continue. I hope to welcome you back to harth in the future!
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent food - great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The decor was very attractive. The four meals were excellent - Virginia flounder (2), risotto, and short ribs - well prepared and delicious tastes. The deserts were also very good. The waitress was attentive and helpful without interfering. Not cheap but well worth the price.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your great feedback. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed a couple of our items from the fall menu! If you enjoyed the short ribs, I would also suggest the Beef Stew, really flavorful and hearty. I'm also pleased to hear that your waitress was attentive and helpful. If you have a sweet tooth, I would recommend our Cupcake. A chocolate cupcake with warm marshmallow center and chocolate drizzle. What more could someone ask for? I hope to see you again in Harth!