“Delicious Food, Loud Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 81 restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: International Drive
Description: Chef Geoff’s newest restaurant is in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.
Burke, Virginia, United States
“Delicious Food, Loud Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Chef Geoff's for restaurant week and the food was fantastic. I wasn't sure because some of the combinations are a little different but everything tasted great. It was a Thursday and SUPER crowded and loud which wasn't the greatest. When we arrived we were told to wait until the exact time of our reservation to be seated even though they had open tables. The bar was packed so we couldn't even grab a drink before we just stood in front of the Hostess stand. The service was good and the wine list is fantastic. I noticed they had awesome happy hour prices and will definitely be back!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“OK showing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

While the menu was very diverse (including the bacon bar), all of the food was just ok. I had the grilled tuna and it was a little overdone for grilled/seared tuna. Good flavor but just that, good. Had Pork Rinds (yes, pork rinds) and they were actually really good... and the spring rolls were also just ok. The finale was the fresh donuts which actually were the highlight. Can't say I'll be back. For the prices, I can't say it blew my socks off compared to others.

Visited August 2012
Washington DC
“god but not Good. Just about average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Well, I am glad I went to Chef Geoff’s at Tysons for dinner. It made me realize how good some of the other restaurants I had eaten at were. I may be more generous in my ratings in the future. It was not bad but it was just good. We tried the corn battered oysters. They were VERY crispy – my husband thought over cooked. I had the corn crusted trout. It was good but not something I would order again. The fisherman stew was just good. Now the lime cheesecake was definitely good. Serving size is large except for the cheescake. Atmosphere is very loud and crowded (lots of young people). The burger and bacon bar should have raised an eyebrow to me before we went. We won’t go back; there are too many better restaurants to spend my money on. The wine list was very limited and not recognizable as vineyards we knew. The wait staff was good and very friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Chef Needs to Taste-Test the Food B4 Serving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our party of 7 was placed in the back room - nice ambience, quiet, though we watched the kitchen door swing open about every 15-20 seconds and the waiter food parades went by our table all evening. Chef Geoff should probably move the table so it's out of the way of the kitchen path. The room had 11 empty tables at about 7:00pm on Thursday evening. The other part of the restaurant seemed full, though. The service was surprising since there seemed to be an over abundance of wait staff -- orders took a very long time; waited probably 15 minutes, maybe more, to have our finished/dirty plates taken away; dessert was about a 20 minute wait...to order. My mother-in-law had a birthday gift voucher that expired the night before. When she showed it to the waitress to explain that she was unable to use the voucher prior to her birthday , the waitress said "Oh?" Mothers-in-law cannot be deterred, as we all know, so the voucher was finally accepted. :)

Now, the food. Salt has to be the Chef's favorite mineral. I chose spaghetti and meatballs for an entree. Probably the most salty meal I've had in a restaurant in 5 years. Our teenage son -- who eats 5 meals a day and is not picky -- said the meatballs tasted funny. I also had the Caesar salad. It was swimming in dressing, and surprise, salty. For dessert, had the peach cobbler, which was served with CORN ICE CREAM. Yes, you read that right. It tasted just like creamed corn. The peach cobbler itself wasn't a cobbler but a cupcake-like crumb cake. Disappointing taste.

Onto the other food. My mother-in-law had the lemon chicken. She asked if I wanted to try a taste. The taste buds are still screaming -- my immediate reaction was that it tasted like a latrine cleaner from my girl scout camp days. She didn't eat much of the chicken and I drank a lot of water to wash it down. She had donuts for dessert, as did many of my dinner companions, and they raved about them. The mussel dinner was ordered my husband said he said they were good, though he said his salad was average, "but the olives were good."

Bottom Line? I don't think anyone is tasting the food that is coming out of the kitchen. (I doubt Chef Geoff was the Chef when we were there.) Before I left, the manager happened by and I gently suggested that the salt shaker be taken away from the chef. The manager was completely by surprised by that. Good lord, man, taste the food!

We will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cathedral City, California
“Original cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fascinating menu-much more exciting than ny other I this Rea ans the seating is comfortable, not noisy

Visited August 2012