“Great location near shopping” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast + Free WiFi
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great location near shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

For a recent trip to the mall to Visit a store my daughter wanted to go to, this was a great location. Hotel is nice, appropriate for Full Service Marriott Title. Friendly folks at the desk and the bar/restaurant as well. Kids enjoyed the pool and the comfy robe in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed there on a Saturday. The hotel was quite busy and the rates were awesome. Great service at the front desk. The king size room was so tiny, one had to walk sideways. Wireless Internet was complimentary on the weekend which was unexpected but very much welcomed.
Room was newly renovated and everything was in top shape.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

A mixed bag

Very friendly staff eager to help, clean rooms about averaged sized and efficient elevator network. Online checking was efficient.

The negatives

- no free wifi... Seriously marriott seriously?
- hotel gym was closed, temporary gym is in a room was lower ceilings ( so low you need to duck when on a treadmill so you don't hit your head on the lights.
- hard to get into and out of this location

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Methuen, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Upon checkin I requested being on the same floor as the concierge lounge and was accomodated. It made my stay so much more enjoyable not having to go up several floors every time I needed a bottle of water. The hotel seemed to be pretty updated with new furniture and beds. They're in the process of renovating the gym. I did use the pool and found it to be great. Overall I would recommend this location and would likely stay again.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Views aren't that great but better than looking at the back of a building...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

When we got married recently, our wedding party and guests stayed here. I had the opportunity to stay in 3 different rooms. I will say I loved the junior suite, it was my favorite. It was cozy with enough room for all our needs and the shower head was awesome, providing just the right amount of power and warmth. When I moved with my new hubby to the presidential suite, I felt a bit let down. This room was much less romantic, better suited for a business luncheon than a wedding night. For the price, I wasn't feeling the value. :-(. Also, i got the impression that this room had yet to be renovated at the level o the others i have the opportunity to experience. This room's shower head was different than the other 2 and definitely mow of the se caliber. I found the staff friendly and accommodating, helping out where requested and we liked the shuttle service that would take you places within a 2 mile radius. The bar was open for my guests when we returned from our reception and Eve was great at helping my friends find wine on the menu that they found both enjoyable and affordable. The breakfast serving team was especially astute and diligent; remembering our juice and coffee preferences from day to day as we enjoyed a nice buffet complete with fruit and an omelet and waffle station. According to one of the shuttle drivers, The hotel was unusually full over the weekend, and as we left, I wondered if our party had strained some of the staff's capacity.

• Stayed July 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Why do people say it isn't that good? I stayed here for a night, and it's not that bad. Really close to on the border (made me happy) and Tyson corner mall. Pool wasn't bad, not very deep, the whirlpool was really cool when it started to make bubbles. The people at the front desk was nice. Even though we were next to the pool, there wasn't much sound. Room was a decent size, bathrooms were a bit tiny but okay overall. Near a metro so you can go to D.C.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The good - it is in a great location adjacent to the Tysons Corner mall, great restaurants and easy freeway access next to the beltway (and soon, the Metro direct to DC). The bad - overpriced, mediocre rooms and exercise facilities that are too small. The ugly - poor service. When I alerted the front desk of a foul smell in my bathroom and asked to be relocated, they declined and only sent up a handyman with a spray bottle of Simple Green to mask the odor. Clearly the bathroom wasn't clean. The management only seems to cater to large corporate accounts (MicroStrategy and Emirates Air). Our small company has been booking rooms here for our out-of-town guests (~200 nights/year) and I've personally stayed here over 75 nights last year. Surprisingly we can't seem to get lower than rack rates (now over $300/night) , free parking or any attention. Don't let the new lobby fool you, the property is in decline and the management is only focused on revenues. You're better off at the Ritz Carlton (for the same rate) or the McLean Hilton if you want to be in a good hotel in Tysons Corner

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else. If you must stay here, get a room away from the eleva...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ashley K, Public Relations at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay. I understand you have met with our Director of Hotel Operations and are happy with the response and will continue to choose the Tysons Corner Marriott.

Please let us know if we may assist further. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Ashley

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!