I've become a fairly regular visitor to DC these days and have tried several hotels in Tysons Corner since it is a great place to shop and an upscale part of our nations capital. This hotel treated me like a King on my first stay at this property. Thomas, the front desk manager displayed excellent customer service skills by calling me two nights before my stay to confirm the pool hours for the 4th of July and appreciate how he took time out of his schedule to make the call. It goes a long way in my book! He also upgraded me into a room that met my fickle parameters and the executive lounge surpassed my expectations with hors d'oeuvres, drinks and offers some wonderful views of the DC skyline and it's open everyday which surprised me because most of these executive lounges are closed on weekends or offer just snacks and water. Thomas also went out of his way to get me a shuttle to and from the Metro Stop because I was going to a baseball game on the 4th and he coordinated the timing with the driver both ways and made sure that my stay went well. The rooms are nicely appointed and enjoyed the comfy bed and flat screen TV and the housekeeping was inpeccable.
My only flaw with the hotel is that the pool and hot tub are in dire need of a touchup. Paint is peeling around the hot tub, jets were not pumping out water all the time and the pool area is peeling on the edges. However, I am avid swimmer and always stay at a hotel with a pool and it sufficiently met my needs. Location is a huge asset with the hotel because it is located off the Beltway and within walking distance of the largest shopping center in the DC Metro Area.
On my next visit to DC, I will make this #1 location to stay as long as the rates are favorable and they have some great rates and when I found out about the executive lounge, I thought this surpasses the Westin and Hilton in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Tysons Corner Marriott, where an inviting atmosphere is surrounded by sleek designs, high-tech amenities and attentive service. Conveniently situated near fashionable Tysons Corner shopping, our hotel's location is just minutes from I-495, I-95 and Routes 7 and 123 so guests have easy access to business and leisure destinations including Tysons Corner Center, Tysons Galleria, Wolf Trap, Great Falls Park, Old Town Alexandria, government offices and Washington, D.C. Area monuments and museums. A pristine setting for wedding receptions and business meetings, our Tysons Corner, VA hotel's sophisticated event venues feature innovative spaces and the dedicated services of event professionals and catering staff to set the stage for flawless meetings and memorable celebrations. With our on-site restaurant Shutters Bar & Kitchen, a 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and business services, guests will find everything needed for a remarkable hotel experience in Tysons Corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Tysons Corner Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tysons Corner Marriott Hotel Vienna
- Marriott Tysons Corner
- Marriott Hotel Tysons Corner
- Marriott Vienna
- Vienna Marriott