“Great location, clean rooms...better for business than pleasure” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Arlington, Virginia
“Great location, clean rooms...better for business than pleasure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend as part of a wedding. We got an excellent rate on the rooms since we were part of the wedding block. The hotel rooms were clean and modern, and our shower had great water pressure. The rooms include an iPhone dock, so we could charge our phones and listen to music at the same time. The hotel is convenient to several major highways in Northern Virginia, making it easy to get to and from airports. It is also less than a mile from Tyson's Corner Mall.
This Marriott is in the heart of one of the major business hubs in Northern Virginia. That being said, it is a hotel better suited to business travelers than tourists. Everything cost something--nothing was included in the price of the hotel. I tried to connect to wi-fi from my phone, and I was prompted to pay $12.95--no thanks. Also, on Saturday night after the wedding, about 20 of us attempted to go back to Shula's, the hotel bar, to continue the festivities, and we were turned away well before typical closing time in Virginia. Friday night we spent time there after the rehearsal dinner, and they were understaffed, resulting in harried, rude service. Who under-staffs a hotel bar on a holiday weekend? I don't get it...they missed out on making quite a bit of money.
Oh and lastly: their check-in time is 4 PM, which I find to be very late. However, we were able to check in at 1 PM, which was nice. The front desk staff was courteous and gracious. Parking is convenient but costs $6 a day.
Bottom line: nice hotel at a fair price, but best suited for business travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are here for one night on a weekend using the AAA rate that includes free internet, free parking, and free breakfast. So far our impression is not positive on several items. I will list the pros first and then the cons.

Pros:
Nice Pool Area on the 2nd Floor
Good location close to 495 and the Tyson's Corner Mall

Cons:
Busy and not enough employees or maybe they just move really slow.
Called for the Van to pick us up at mall they told us 10 minutes it took almost 30.
Called for extra towels and pillows since my online request was not honored and it took over 30 minutes.
Bathroom so small and no fan. Very wet and humid after three people took showers.

I think this hotel is perfect for business travels or for a couple. It is not good for families.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites last year for a week in Falls Church and the Suites are huge, the internet, parking, and breakfast are ALWAYS free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stopped at the hotel in the middle of a long road trip. I'll begin by mentioning that the location is excellent. The hotel is adjacent to Tysons Corner Center adjacent to the Beltway.

I was greeted by a very courteous front desk clerk. Fortunately there wasn't a conference going on so the hotel appeared to be fairly empty. Unfortunately for me, despite my Marriott Gold Elite status an upgrade was not available.

When I arrived at the room I was shocked at how small it was! In fact, the room was much smaller than most Courtyard rooms that I've stayed in. The bathroom was incredibly small. I could barely stretch out my arms without touching the walls. The room was clean but the furnishings were okay. But again, the room's small size was a big disappointment.

Instead of eating at the hotel I opted for the restaurants next door at the mall. Walking to the small is incredibly easy. One can avoid walking along the highway by taking a shortcut though the office park behind the hotel.

Parking was great. There is a self-park gated parking garage below the hotel.

Finally, the hotel's room rate was a great value. I paid about $80 before taxes which included parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed at this Marriott several times now and it's my regular hotel for when I stay in the area. Nice restaurant, Shula's, in the lobby and it's got a very convenient location.

Concierge club is nice too and has a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Rooms are small but as a Platinum member, I was upgraded to a junior suite that had an alcove sitting area with TV, which was a bit strange as the bedroom's TV could have swiveled to watch in the alcove.

Room was clean and well appointed, A/C blew strong and cold and Concierge Lounge was fine with morning breakfast having rotating main items. Gym was small but had basic equimpment, upgright bicycle did not have straps to keep your feet on the pedal, though. Indoor pool was off of the gym.

Overall fine for a few nights, but I believe that a family would certainly feel cramped in the room.

Overnight parking is $6 but for a suburban location, it should be complimentary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Tyson's Corner Marriott is a fantastic place to stay. The hotel is modern, clean, and up to date. You can get a great steak at Shula's steak house located across the lobby from the registration desk. One negative - they charge $6 per day to park. The staff at the Tyson's Corner Marriott work wonderfully as a team to make you feel welcome and appreciated. The rooms are excellently appointed however, a tad on the small size. One area where Marriott excels is in consistency - you will be pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located near The Tyson's Galleria and The Tyson's Mall this hotel is close to some of the finest shopping locations on the east coast. If you are fortunate enough to have access to the concierge lounge you will appreciate their nicely appointed lounge with breakfast and evening service Sunday evening through Friday morning. The fitness center has new high quality Life Fitness Treadmills, Elliptical trainers, Bikes with minimal dumbbells and universal equipment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My second time staying here and I absolutely love this hotel! The rooms are very comfortable, and the beds are amazing, you just want to stay in bed! The entire staff delivers optimum service. The engineer, Kho was helpful, and always smiling. Srey, one of the breakfast attendants, was fantastic! After our first day, she remembered the table we liked, and our drink orders. Wish I could start every morning with a warm greeting from her! This hotel is top notch in service, cleanliness, and comfort!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tysons Corner Marriott? Share your experiences!