We stayed here this past weekend as part of a wedding. We got an excellent rate on the rooms since we were part of the wedding block. The hotel rooms were clean and modern, and our shower had great water pressure. The rooms include an iPhone dock, so we could charge our phones and listen to music at the same time. The hotel is convenient to several major highways in Northern Virginia, making it easy to get to and from airports. It is also less than a mile from Tyson's Corner Mall.
This Marriott is in the heart of one of the major business hubs in Northern Virginia. That being said, it is a hotel better suited to business travelers than tourists. Everything cost something--nothing was included in the price of the hotel. I tried to connect to wi-fi from my phone, and I was prompted to pay $12.95--no thanks. Also, on Saturday night after the wedding, about 20 of us attempted to go back to Shula's, the hotel bar, to continue the festivities, and we were turned away well before typical closing time in Virginia. Friday night we spent time there after the rehearsal dinner, and they were understaffed, resulting in harried, rude service. Who under-staffs a hotel bar on a holiday weekend? I don't get it...they missed out on making quite a bit of money.
Oh and lastly: their check-in time is 4 PM, which I find to be very late. However, we were able to check in at 1 PM, which was nice. The front desk staff was courteous and gracious. Parking is convenient but costs $6 a day.
Bottom line: nice hotel at a fair price, but best suited for business travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Tysons Corner Marriott, where an inviting atmosphere is surrounded by sleek designs, high-tech amenities and attentive service. Conveniently situated near fashionable Tysons Corner shopping, our hotel's location is just minutes from I-495, I-95 and Routes 7 and 123 so guests have easy access to business and leisure destinations including Tysons Corner Center, Tysons Galleria, Wolf Trap, Great Falls Park, Old Town Alexandria, government offices and Washington, D.C. Area monuments and museums. A pristine setting for wedding receptions and business meetings, our Tysons Corner, VA hotel's sophisticated event venues feature innovative spaces and the dedicated services of event professionals and catering staff to set the stage for flawless meetings and memorable celebrations. With our on-site restaurant Shutters Bar & Kitchen, a 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and business services, guests will find everything needed for a remarkable hotel experience in Tysons Corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Tysons Corner Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tysons Corner Marriott Hotel Vienna
- Marriott Tysons Corner
- Marriott Hotel Tysons Corner
- Marriott Vienna
- Vienna Marriott