“A real treat for meat and buffet lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Description: Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.
Gresham, Oregon
“A real treat for meat and buffet lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Our friends treated us to dinner last night at Chima and a treat it was. Nice venue and good service. We had an early evening reservation, so the dining area was quiet, but not for long. The ladies opted for the salad bar which was wonderful, with a lot of variety, though the fruit selection could have been better (only cantaloupe). The swordfish was cooked just right and was delicious. The men were in seventh heaven and sampled almost all the meat offerings, along with jumbo prawns and fish. For dessert the hubby and I shared a passionfruit mousse with chocolate sauce served on the side. Pretty good, too. Prices are kinda high so come hungry, pace yourself, and enjoy the amazing food at Chimas's.

Warsaw, Poland
“chic, expensive and crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The drinks are good (I didn't try food), but the place are often occupied by guys from the nearby office (especially after 6:00 PM); that's why is very noisy and crowded. A good place for business lunch or business meting; not for a intimate date ;-) The prices are high.

Sandy Spring, Maryland
“Tasty dinner. Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been to Chima many times and I have also gone to Fogo de Chao. Chima is much better. The steak selection is great. They have Filet, Flank, Sirloin and every other cut you can thing of. In addition to the steaks, they have salmon, sword fish, leg of lamb and lamb chops. Their selection of sides is second to none. Way better than Fogo. I love this place and will go back again. Yes the price is high but so is the quality. We stayed and closed the place down with our friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“What I expected but did not blow me away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you like the Brazilian Steakhouse concept and a modern atmosphere, you will love this place. The place is stunning but it is located in a office park tucked away behind Tyson's 2. The prices are what they should be. I went during Restaurant Week, score me!

I was in the restaurant business for over 7 years so I look at EVERYTHING and that includes valet. Unfortunately for Chima whoever they use for this service needs to teach their staff manners. I arrived for my birthday dinner with my pregnant wife and had to watch has one of their staff took it upon himself to gaze at my wife's behind and then make comments to his buddies working with him. They giggled as I sat there at watched them check her out instead of helping me out or getting the front door for my wife. This made me furious of course. Just not what I expected from someone working.

Once the food service began I cooled off. It didn't help that they gave us a table in the back so it made it hard for us to enjoy the salad bar but I got over it once the first wave of meat came around...omg! There were over 14 selections to choose from and all were amazing! Our party of 8 were all beyond pleased and many said this was now their favorite place. It has that kind of effect. Unfortunately for me, I catch and see things most diners wouldn't, which most of the time keeps me from giving 5 stars...but perfect is hard to do.

This is a great place to celebrate when you know everyone brings an appetite.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Delicious but disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Bottom line: at $50/person entry-level meal, not worth the money (try nearby Wildfire for a great meal and experience for same price). True, that price matches the Brazilian barbecue place in downtown DC, but compared to similar offerings in larger cities for a cheaper price, Chima seems more focused on catering to expense account spenders than attracting repeat customers. Admittedly, the meat was deliciously salty and kept coming around quickly (failure to do so being the downfall of aspiring brazilian steakhouses), but the salad bar was underwhelming, focused more on you building an average vegetarian salad than presenting a smorgasbord where you're curious to try everything. They DON't even have the grilled pineapple dessert (or any included dessert), which is a baseline expectation in American brazilian barbecues! Would we return here? Only if someone else was paying, and even then with low expectations...

• 4 of 5 stars Food