“Nice atmosphere, decent food” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire - Tysons Galleria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chain Bridge Rd
Transit: Metra 28T
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. Step into Wildfire, a steak and chophouse with the aura of a 1940's dinner club. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for an evening with friends or just the two of you. So order a martini, listen to the music and prepare your appetite for some of the most delicious American cuisine you'll find anywhere.
“Nice atmosphere, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Been here a few times for business lunches. Good size menu, decent prices. I stuck with the salads mostly, good but sometimes lacking enough meat in them. Usually busy around lunch time during the week. I would get there at 11:45 so you can sit in the bar area and get in and out fast. Has a cool 1940's look and feel to it. Would come back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food and cocktails, the filet au poivre is fantastic so are their baked potatoes. They also have great deals for happy hour

Visited January 2014
Bremerton, Washington
“Lesson Learned...Check your Bill!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I dined at Wildfire on a Monday for our anniversary. Monday is 50% off wine! We ordered 2 bottles of wine and had a great dinner. We simply gave our server the credit card without receiving the bill. Once we received the credit card receipt, the bill seemed high so we asked for the detailed check. The wine was not marked 50% off. The server avoided us after we asked for the detailed bill so we had to sit around for 15 minutes. When we advised the server that the wine should have been 50% off, she had this smurk and it was like...oh, you caught me. A simple apology would have been fine. Lesson learned...check your bill!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Not Very Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Few aspects of this restaurant seemed even average in quality.

The restaurant was not full and did not require us to wait on a Saturday night in the holiday season, that was a plus. Joined my party after parking the car. Found my own way to the table after waiting a minute or so at the host stand. Though there were three staff there, and only one other party, I could not get the attention of any of them.

There is a lot of hustle and bustle at this establishment. The table next to us was a party of ten, who were screaming at the top of their lungs for our entire visit, spilling drinks on each other, etc. I don't blame them for that, as it was a birthday party for one of the five girls, and the five boys were seated together at the other end. Another similar large party was next to them. As I write, my ears are still ringing. We were able to communicate at our table by talking slowly in a raised voice, and repeating a lot.

What was difficult to excuse was how rough the staff was, physically. I was passing one of the waiters when he suddenly turned without looking , nearly knocking me to the ground. Seated at my table, a bus person knocked into me, as well. It was difficult to remain comfortable, as I grew concerned that I would drop my drink. I noticed that the staff was even less concerned about knocking into each other.

My plate, a burger, had lukewarm fries, which were replaced without argument. The burger itself was dripping with grease, as were the fries. The outside of the burger was blackened, and tasted like the grill itself. The bread was completely unappetizing, so I soldiered my was through the beef with knife and fork. There are numerous fast food chains that produce better burgers and fries. Neither dish showed any knowledge or use of spices. The coleslaw was identical to what you can buy off the shelf at the grocery, if you content yourself with the generic.

The host stand staff are completely out of touch, which likely relates to there inability to see what is going on in the dining room from where the architect placed them. For example, they said goodbye as we returned from the bathroom, as if we were leaving. They showed true bad manners by laughing at a member of our party as she became confused finding the exit.

Perhaps the burger was a bad menu choice. I'm not sure, but doubt I will return, as I enjoy the restaurant next door, Legal Seafood, as well as the Italian nearby. As I write, I wonder if putting the very loud, festive party in the bar, which was kind of dead, might have sparked up the bar and given it a more festive atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good New Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Best Cornbread in memory was the highlight of the day and a good reason to return again. Service was excellent. Plenty of adequate mall parking and not too noisy. Quality burgers too.

Visited December 2013