“Take out great. Need to expand” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Chinese
Roanoke, West Virginia
“Take out great. Need to expand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The food is good. Price is reasonable. But the location is not great. Need to expand restaurant and have more tables and decent decore in restaurant. Looks like four blank walls nothing fancy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ankeny, Iowa
“NOT UP TO GOOD CHINESE FOOD STANDARDS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were tired, while on a car trip. We were staying at a hotel about 1/2 mile away so decided to stay close to the hotel. Overall, the meal was OK, but this place is designed for take out -- with only 4 tables at which to sit. The entire meal was served at the table in 'take-out' dishes -- with plastic forks, spoons and knives (that we had to get ourselves).

My wife ordered soup and it was served in a large plastic 'take-out' container. She asked for a bowl and was offered a choice of two smaller 'take out' dishes (one plastic, the other styrofoam). She said the broth was good, but the rest was just OK.

I had the General Tso's chicken, OK, but not as spicy as I like. As a matter of fact I'm sort of a whimp when it comes to spicy food, but this dish was not spicy at all. I've had more spicy, better tasting General Tso chicken at a food court.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Disappointing to say the least”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Before going to Best Wok I read every review I could find. The reviews for the most part were several months old, and they all said the food was very good or excellent. I ordered pork fried rice for take out to my motel. I found the restaurant did not include any spices or soy sauce or anything to help the dried out, bland fried rice taste better. I have eaten food from more Chinese restaurants than I can count. This is the only one in the world where condiments are not included. Heck, the restaurant doesn't even have any as I called them back and that's what I was told. This will be my absolutely last and only time to ever go there for eating or take out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“What an amazing place for Chinese Take Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I live in Greenville, SC and travel north a lot. We found Best Wok (off of Rt 81) a few years ago by mistake and are very happy we did. Being from the northeastern part of the US we feel we have some of the best Chinese restaurants around, but Best Wok is definitely one of the best take out places we ever found. There recipes are like the ones I remember growing up and what American Chinese food is to me. So if you are driving on Rt. 81 get off at exit 150A and try Best Wok out, I promise you you won't be disappointed in fact you might say I'm glad I stopped here. Best Wok is clean and the food is fresh and delicious.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Troutville
“Chinese Take Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Room to eat in, however anytime we want Chinese take-out for home, it's BEST WOK for sure! Quick, convenient, delicious, great prices and variety on their menu - can also get a combo with egg roll or soup! :)

Visited August 2013