“Disappointing to say the least” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Chinese
El Paso, Texas
“Disappointing to say the least”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Before going to Best Wok I read every review I could find. The reviews for the most part were several months old, and they all said the food was very good or excellent. I ordered pork fried rice for take out to my motel. I found the restaurant did not include any spices or soy sauce or anything to help the dried out, bland fried rice taste better. I have eaten food from more Chinese restaurants than I can count. This is the only one in the world where condiments are not included. Heck, the restaurant doesn't even have any as I called them back and that's what I was told. This will be my absolutely last and only time to ever go there for eating or take out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“What an amazing place for Chinese Take Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I live in Greenville, SC and travel north a lot. We found Best Wok (off of Rt 81) a few years ago by mistake and are very happy we did. Being from the northeastern part of the US we feel we have some of the best Chinese restaurants around, but Best Wok is definitely one of the best take out places we ever found. There recipes are like the ones I remember growing up and what American Chinese food is to me. So if you are driving on Rt. 81 get off at exit 150A and try Best Wok out, I promise you you won't be disappointed in fact you might say I'm glad I stopped here. Best Wok is clean and the food is fresh and delicious.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Troutville
“Chinese Take Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Room to eat in, however anytime we want Chinese take-out for home, it's BEST WOK for sure! Quick, convenient, delicious, great prices and variety on their menu - can also get a combo with egg roll or soup! :)

Visited August 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“The best chinese food in the valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been lucky enough to enjoy the food at Best Wok since they opened many years ago. I have always gotten take-out, although they do have a few tables inside if you would like to enjoy your meal there. They have the BEST General Tso's Chicken I have honestly ever had. It is always fresh and HOT when I get it home! Their Lo Mein is delicious, too! I have also had their Won Ton soup, sweet and sour chicken, and fried rice.....every dish I have had from here has been great! My parents and grandparents are big fans of Chinese Buffets around town like Red Palace, but in my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to Best Wok! I could seriously go on forever about this place. I LOVE it! Some of my favorite "comfort food!" You get a LOT of food for your money!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“By far the best chinese takeout around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my favorite chinese takeout. The food is always freshly prepared and steaming hot. You get lots of food for your money. I don't think i've ever been disappointed with a meal here. I order from here a couple of times a month. A must try!

• Visited August 2013