“All Good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Amissville, Virginia
“All Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Clean rooms - they have a "pets stay free" policy but I didn't notice any stains, smell or noise. Very friendly front desk - got a call shortly after arriving to make certain everything was OK. For $63 there's a pool, Jacuzzi, and decent breakfast. I travel quite a bit in the summer and have gotten to the point I always stay at a Red Roof - I've never found anything but hospitality and value.

Room Tip: It's basically a place to stop off a highway for the night - all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with others. I am very happy to know that we could meet your expectations. Our staff members love pets and they all play with them when time permits. Most of them are pet owners so they understand the importance of cleaning behind them. Your kind words for our customer service will give us an encouragement to work even harder.
Please keep us in mind during your next trip and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is convenient to I81 and was half the price of the other hotels in the area. It is obviously a favorite of pet owners. The carpets are very stained but the room was large and the bed was clean and comfortable. I would not stay with a young child and bring something to wear on your feet in the room. The staff is very nice and they have a machine for coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate, and tea that's 24/7. There's also a gas station on the way back to 81 with very good gas prices.

Stayed July 2014
Eastchester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We chose this Red Roof Inn because of its location, right off route 81, and because they welcome pets. I also looked at previous reviews and it sounded okay.
What a perfect place for us! For a budget motel, it could not have been nicer! Rooms are spotlessly clean, very roomy and comfortable. Indoor pool, isn't that nice? Lovely continental breakfast, nice little breakfast area. Coffee, expresso, tea, 24 hrs a day!
For the price, you can't beat it...sometimes when we've traveled with our small dog, we have been forced to stay in some pretty tacky places, or given the tackiest rooms in the place. Not so at this Red Roof Inn...It is new, sparkling clean, quiet...everything you could want for an overnight stay...

Room Tip: We asked for first floor because we had the dog. Being near the side door is helpful for walking he...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to know that you loved your recent stay and that you appreciated our pet policy, pool, 24 hour coffee and everything else we had to offer. I am ecstatic to hear that you received impeccable service throughout your stay and that you found your accommodations clean, comfortable, and inviting. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you return for a visit again in the near future.
Your review makes our staff excited and we feel rewarded.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here mid-July 2014 for one night as we traveled from RI to FL. Chose it because it was right off the highway. Got a decent price ($60 after taxes) booking direct through Red Roof. It's sole purpose for us was as a place to sleep between full days of driving, and it was perfect for that. Room was a comfortable size, and clean. Sheets were a little thin, but also clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. Breakfast was pretty minimal, but good enough to get us going. Automated coffee machine gave a decent product. We do this drive a couple of times a year, and I'm glad to have found an affordable option on this stretch of highway (which doesn't have loads to choose from). We will probably stay here again in the future,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for sharing your nice review with others. Our staff works very hard for this. Your suggestions will guide us in the right directions for improvement in our quality and service. We want our guests to have the best experience without spending in three digits.
Please enroll for a RediCard membership if you haven't done so already. It is a reward program by Red Roof Inns.
Thank you once again for staying with us and hope to see you in fall.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I would rate this hotel as very average. Yes - the price was good at 54.99 (thru Orbitz) but the room was a bit threadbare looking. Carpet seriously needing replacing. Bed was comfortable but on the hard side.

One big negative during my stay - I used the in room hair dryer and upon turning it on, it shot sparks into the air - thank goodness it was nowhere near my hair or it certainly would have been a disaster. Of course, I shut it off immediately and reported it to the front desk. It was still smoldering and smoking! They let me use a hair dryer in the next (unoccupied) room which I used very cautiously.

Breakfast - not so great. Carb heavy and very little protein. I suggest they consider adding maybe some hard boiled eggs, yogurt cups, etc. The fresh fruit consisted of bananas only and they were so green, they would have been almost impossible to peel and eat.

One more quick tip - if you are visiting this hotel from out of state, be aware that the intersection thru which you return to I-81 is a "no turn on red light". Don't do it!! I got stopped and now have to pay a $91 fine. I'm quite sure they target out of state license plates.

Anyways, I guess this hotel was fine for a 1 night stay - but not sure I would return there after the near disaster with the hair dryer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I seriously apologize for the hair dryer. We have send it back to supplier. We have them installed for over two years and this is the only unfortunate incident has been reported. I will make sure that house keepers check them daily. I thank you for taking your valuable time to report it. We will work harder to improve our quality.
Also your suggestions for the breakfast selection will be taken to ownership. We are an economy brand and try to offer the best within the budget range of guests and owners.
I hope that your overall experience will atleast consider us for your next trip.
Troutville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are cleaned everyday, JoJo, Shirley and Dawn are very knowledgeable of the area and local restaurants. The pool area is clean and fresh towels are put out daily.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for giving us such a nice review. Our staff members are very proud of their customer service and they do appreciate your remarks. It is our promise to work even harder everyday. We want to make sure that every guest shares the same opinion.
We hope to see you soon.
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We always stay at Red Roof Inns because we travel with our little dog. This on hasn't been redone yet like most of them have. It was clean and comfortable. There was a breakfast buffet with enough to get you going unlike most at Red Roof. Walls were a bit thin, but if guess were sleeping it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JATIN P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your feedback. It gives us an encouragement to work even harder on the things we may have overlooked.
It is our hospitality promise to make your next stay more enjoyable. See you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Motel 6 Roanoke
#16 of 38 in Roanoke
4.0 of 5 stars 186 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville? Share your experiences!