“A real gem in an unlikely location, not to be missed if passing through!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pomegranate Restaurant

Pomegranate Restaurant
106 Stoney Battery Rd, 1 Block Off Route 11/2 Miles From I-81, Troutville, VA 24175
+1 540-966-6052
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Botetourt County's dining and enjoyment experience. Enjoy our American cuisine, our Wine and Martini Bar and our special events Gathering Room. Delightful innovative small plates menu, carefully selected wine. Live music and special events in our 2400sqft gathering room. Reservations helpful.
Keene NH
“A real gem in an unlikely location, not to be missed if passing through!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

On a road trip to Charlotte we checked Trip Advisor for restaurants in the area. Called Pomegranate and made a reservation for 730 on Fri May 30. Very courteous staff member on phone. We arrived early and were graciously seated immediately. Attentive, knowledgable and personable staff. Nice wine and inventive cocktail selection. The Caesar salad my husband ordered was perfection and having prepared them himself table side at the Parker House in Boston, he is a discerning judge! I chose the crab cake entree which was wonderful! The presentation was impressive and everything from mashed potatoes, sautéed summer squashes to the crab cakes was seasoned to perfection and absolutely delicious!! Even the lighter fare choice of chicken tenders my husband ordered were exceptional. A five star meal in a small town just off I-81. Have to add the decor as well was tastefully done, unique and made for a nice ambiance and compliment to the cuisine. No question about marking this as a favorite and a must stop on our next trip to NC. Troutville has a real gem!!

Visited May 2014

RedminiUK
“A road trip highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Incredible food; awesome service; great ambience in an old wine storehouse. We ended up in Troutville, Virginia for the night because we took a detour on the Blue Ridge Parkway. After finding a hotel for the night, we began making dinner plans. We found only fast food restaurants. And then, we found the Pomegranate online. The menu looked interesting and it was only 5 minutes from the hotel. We envisioned a romantic inn type restaurant, overlooking a fabulous view of the Blue Ridge. When we pulled into the parking lot of an old warehouse type building, we began to laugh. We are known for finding off beat restaurants. Once again we hit pay dirt. Diane Dixon has worked magic. We had salads, mine a grilled romaine with fried morel mushrooms with a hint of truffle oil. I had a shrimp Mediterranean pasta with a burst of individual favors from olives, feta cheese, capers, tomatoes and small pieces of andouille sausage. My husband's pasta was a gentle blend of blackened chicken in a blue cheese cream sauce. Our deserts were well-prepared down-home favorites. Our server knew the menu, was able to make well-educated recommendations and provided exceptional service. Go to Roanoke to eat at the Pomegranate.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PomegranateVA1, Manager at Pomegranate Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Your kind review makes all we do worthwhile! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience unfolded and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of serving you ANYTIME! Keep coming back!
Buchanan, Virginia
“Much higher class than expected in Botetourt County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have been to the Pomegranate several times. Every time the food is beyond fantastic. The atmosphere they have created makes me think I am back in DC. Fantastic local personal servers, awesome food and great dinning experience. If I did not drive there from my home in fifteen minutes I would swear I was in DC or New York City.

Visited March 2014
PomegranateVA1, Manager at Pomegranate Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
So appreciate that you come to see us and took your time to give this review - we strive to become a place for everyone to enjoy in Botetourt! Look forward to seeing you soon...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am so glad we decided to have dinner at Pomegranate. We were only in this area for the weekend and came across the restaurant by doing a little searching online. The menu looked interesting, so we gave it a shot. When I say that this was one of the best meals we've ever had in a restaurant, I am not exaggerating. I had the salmon, my wife had the roasted half chicken. Everything from taste to presentation was spot on. The sides were just as amazing, as was the dessert. All the food that came out of that kitchen was absolutely delicious. On top of that, the service was excellent...from the second we walked in the door to the moment we left. We loved the decor and ambiance as well. Upscale and casual at the same time, our kind of place! We went on a Saturday night, there was no live music (I think they do that on Friday), just great food and great service. Next time we are in the area, we will definitely return to Pomegranate. Can't wait, highly recommended!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PomegranateVA1, Owner at Pomegranate Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thrilled and grateful that you took your time to give us this positive feedback - it is always the best reward to hear from someone who enjoyed our efforts to create a good experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Buchanan, Virginia
“Such a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having never been to this restaurant before, I was quite excited that our Christmas party was scheduled here. The ambiance was pleasing and our party of 20 was seated immediately. I appreciated this. That was about as far as it went.

The waitress suggested a holiday drink and I ordered one. It never came. I had to ask another server to check on this and thirty minutes later, I was told the bartender was crushing the candy canes to line the rim of my glass. When the $9.00 drink arrived, it hardly had ANY candy coating, which contradicted the excuse I was given earlier. At this point, everyone else was on their second and third drinks. They refilled my water glass twice and I was there 4 hours. No one ever asked me if I wanted another drink.

My garden green salad was inedible, primarily due to the dressing, and I was not given a choice of dressings. My husband's Caesar salad was good though. When the server came to take my plate he asked me if something was wrong with the salad, I replied that I didn't care for it at all. He apologized, but did not offer to bring something else. An entire salad wasted!

Our main entrée (pork tenderloin with cranberry compote...sounds yummy, right?) was cold and dry. The compote was tart and offered little flavor to the meat. We were all given varying portion sizes ranging from medium to literally a bite size amount of sweet potatoes. The vegetables had a good flavor, but again, we didn't receive much of those. The large size of the plates made our meal look even smaller.

The dessert options were chocolate fudge cake and bread pudding. I was hopeful and was let down again. The chocolate fudge cake was a hard fudge brownie with a dollop, yes dollop of ice cream and one squirt of whipped cream. The edges of the brownie were so hard that they were inedible too. The bread pudding, aside from being cold, had potential, but was dry without much of a sauce. One squirt of whipped cream came on the side of this dish as well.

Our staff looked forward to our Christmas party and an upscale meal. We still had a great time amongst friends, but the fact that we paid $98.00 for an evening of cold, dry, small portions does not offer promises of a return visit from us.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
So sorry that we missed seeing the opportunity to make your experience an enjoyable one. We hope that you will give us the chance to repair this and that you will try us again in the future