“Much higher class than expected in Botetourt County” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pomegranate Restaurant

Pomegranate Restaurant
106 Stoney Battery Rd, 1 Block Off Route 11/2 Miles From I-81, Troutville, VA 24175
+1 540-966-6052
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Botetourt County's dining and enjoyment experience. Enjoy our American cuisine, our Wine and Martini Bar and our special events Gathering Room. Delightful innovative small plates menu, carefully selected wine. Live music and special events in our 2400sqft gathering room. Reservations helpful.
Buchanan, Virginia
“Much higher class than expected in Botetourt County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have been to the Pomegranate several times. Every time the food is beyond fantastic. The atmosphere they have created makes me think I am back in DC. Fantastic local personal servers, awesome food and great dinning experience. If I did not drive there from my home in fifteen minutes I would swear I was in DC or New York City.

Visited March 2014
PomegranateVA1, Manager at Pomegranate Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
So appreciate that you come to see us and took your time to give this review - we strive to become a place for everyone to enjoy in Botetourt! Look forward to seeing you soon...

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am so glad we decided to have dinner at Pomegranate. We were only in this area for the weekend and came across the restaurant by doing a little searching online. The menu looked interesting, so we gave it a shot. When I say that this was one of the best meals we've ever had in a restaurant, I am not exaggerating. I had the salmon, my wife had the roasted half chicken. Everything from taste to presentation was spot on. The sides were just as amazing, as was the dessert. All the food that came out of that kitchen was absolutely delicious. On top of that, the service was excellent...from the second we walked in the door to the moment we left. We loved the decor and ambiance as well. Upscale and casual at the same time, our kind of place! We went on a Saturday night, there was no live music (I think they do that on Friday), just great food and great service. Next time we are in the area, we will definitely return to Pomegranate. Can't wait, highly recommended!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PomegranateVA1, Owner at Pomegranate Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thrilled and grateful that you took your time to give us this positive feedback - it is always the best reward to hear from someone who enjoyed our efforts to create a good experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Buchanan, Virginia
“Such a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having never been to this restaurant before, I was quite excited that our Christmas party was scheduled here. The ambiance was pleasing and our party of 20 was seated immediately. I appreciated this. That was about as far as it went.

The waitress suggested a holiday drink and I ordered one. It never came. I had to ask another server to check on this and thirty minutes later, I was told the bartender was crushing the candy canes to line the rim of my glass. When the $9.00 drink arrived, it hardly had ANY candy coating, which contradicted the excuse I was given earlier. At this point, everyone else was on their second and third drinks. They refilled my water glass twice and I was there 4 hours. No one ever asked me if I wanted another drink.

My garden green salad was inedible, primarily due to the dressing, and I was not given a choice of dressings. My husband's Caesar salad was good though. When the server came to take my plate he asked me if something was wrong with the salad, I replied that I didn't care for it at all. He apologized, but did not offer to bring something else. An entire salad wasted!

Our main entrée (pork tenderloin with cranberry compote...sounds yummy, right?) was cold and dry. The compote was tart and offered little flavor to the meat. We were all given varying portion sizes ranging from medium to literally a bite size amount of sweet potatoes. The vegetables had a good flavor, but again, we didn't receive much of those. The large size of the plates made our meal look even smaller.

The dessert options were chocolate fudge cake and bread pudding. I was hopeful and was let down again. The chocolate fudge cake was a hard fudge brownie with a dollop, yes dollop of ice cream and one squirt of whipped cream. The edges of the brownie were so hard that they were inedible too. The bread pudding, aside from being cold, had potential, but was dry without much of a sauce. One squirt of whipped cream came on the side of this dish as well.

Our staff looked forward to our Christmas party and an upscale meal. We still had a great time amongst friends, but the fact that we paid $98.00 for an evening of cold, dry, small portions does not offer promises of a return visit from us.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
So sorry that we missed seeing the opportunity to make your experience an enjoyable one. We hope that you will give us the chance to repair this and that you will try us again in the future
Roanoke
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

So nice to have a great place to go out and eat and be entertained. We went on comedy night and had a ball. I was surprised the place was not sold out. In my opinion may be the best kept secret in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Is it a Restaurant?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went with a group of friends to see a "comedy" act. I'm not sure what to think about this place, honestly. Is it a restaurant? A club? I ordered some simple fare: salad and calamari. Both were fine but I balked at the prices for the main entrees. Troutville just doesn't strike me as the sort of place where you can expect to ask for $28 per plate.

While we were there the place was dead. NO ONE. The dining room section was closed and the area where we were seated was near an oddly decorated/oddly lit stage. The bar was tiny and I didn't think the wine selection was that impressive.

Overall, I just wasn't impressed. At least not enough to ever give it a second chance.

• Visited March 2013