“Is it a Restaurant?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pomegranate Restaurant

Pomegranate Restaurant
106 Stoney Battery Rd, 1 Block Off Route 11/2 Miles From I-81, Troutville, VA 24175
+1 540-966-6052
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 17 restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Botetourt County's dining and enjoyment experience. Enjoy our American cuisine, our Wine and Martini Bar and our special events Gathering Room. Delightful innovative small plates menu, carefully selected wine. Live music and special events in our 2400sqft gathering room. Reservations helpful.
Virginia
“Is it a Restaurant?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went with a group of friends to see a "comedy" act. I'm not sure what to think about this place, honestly. Is it a restaurant? A club? I ordered some simple fare: salad and calamari. Both were fine but I balked at the prices for the main entrees. Troutville just doesn't strike me as the sort of place where you can expect to ask for $28 per plate.

While we were there the place was dead. NO ONE. The dining room section was closed and the area where we were seated was near an oddly decorated/oddly lit stage. The bar was tiny and I didn't think the wine selection was that impressive.

Overall, I just wasn't impressed. At least not enough to ever give it a second chance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food/poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Pomegranete at least five times before submitting this review. Tonight was the last straw and I said I have to put my review online. The food is very good, both in the restaurant and bar. However, the service is bad in the bar area. We have had bad service in the restaurant only once and that was Valentine's Day. There was a problem with the computer system so I 'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The service in the bar area sucks! They are way under staffed. I don't understand why there are not more staff to serve in this area when there are bands playing. If this doesn't change, we won't be going back.

Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Little bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the fancy place to eat in town - so it's a little bit expensive - but not if you order a cheese steak or a salad - and you get lots of attention from the waiters. Food's good!

Visited October 2012
Blue Ridge Mountains
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch at Pomegranate and sat out on the deck. The hostess and our waitress were friendly and knowledgable about the menu. The surroundings were very comfortable and we noticed no musty odor inside when we used the restroom. The lunch menu is limited but there's something on it for everyone. My husband ordered the steak and cheese "Philly" sandwich and I ordered a salad. Both were presented well and tasted great. We'll return for dinner when we're passing through the area again (the tapas menu looks delicious!). Very pleasant experience!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salem, VA
“How disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had heard about the Pomegranate Restaurant and were anxious to try it. When we arrived a group of people were seated outside on the deck. (The only other diners) We were greeted by a friendly hostess and was given the choice of indoor or outdoor seating. We chose indoor and a heavy, musty smell greeted us upon entering. We were shown to a very nice (but empty) dining room. The smell was so strong that we decided to eat on the deck instead. The hostess told us that she didn’t notice the odor but the air conditioning had been serviced that afternoon and maybe that is where the smell might be coming from.
The menu offered a variety of selections at varied prices, many of which looked appealing. While perusing the menu the server brought a stained tablecloth for the table. Each of us chose a different entre and none of us thought our meal was worth a return visit. The only thing memorable about this restaurant was the bad odor inside.
The only thing appealing was the name Pomegranate Restaurant.

• Visited August 2012