“Good food/poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pomegranate Restaurant

Pomegranate Restaurant
106 Stoney Battery Rd, 1 Block Off Route 11/2 Miles From I-81, Troutville, VA 24175
+1 540-966-6052
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 17 restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Botetourt County's dining and enjoyment experience. Enjoy our American cuisine, our Wine and Martini Bar and our special events Gathering Room. Delightful innovative small plates menu, carefully selected wine. Live music and special events in our 2400sqft gathering room. Reservations helpful.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food/poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Pomegranete at least five times before submitting this review. Tonight was the last straw and I said I have to put my review online. The food is very good, both in the restaurant and bar. However, the service is bad in the bar area. We have had bad service in the restaurant only once and that was Valentine's Day. There was a problem with the computer system so I 'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The service in the bar area sucks! They are way under staffed. I don't understand why there are not more staff to serve in this area when there are bands playing. If this doesn't change, we won't be going back.

77% Recommend
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Little bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the fancy place to eat in town - so it's a little bit expensive - but not if you order a cheese steak or a salad - and you get lots of attention from the waiters. Food's good!

Visited October 2012
Blue Ridge Mountains
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch at Pomegranate and sat out on the deck. The hostess and our waitress were friendly and knowledgable about the menu. The surroundings were very comfortable and we noticed no musty odor inside when we used the restroom. The lunch menu is limited but there's something on it for everyone. My husband ordered the steak and cheese "Philly" sandwich and I ordered a salad. Both were presented well and tasted great. We'll return for dinner when we're passing through the area again (the tapas menu looks delicious!). Very pleasant experience!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salem, VA
“How disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had heard about the Pomegranate Restaurant and were anxious to try it. When we arrived a group of people were seated outside on the deck. (The only other diners) We were greeted by a friendly hostess and was given the choice of indoor or outdoor seating. We chose indoor and a heavy, musty smell greeted us upon entering. We were shown to a very nice (but empty) dining room. The smell was so strong that we decided to eat on the deck instead. The hostess told us that she didn’t notice the odor but the air conditioning had been serviced that afternoon and maybe that is where the smell might be coming from.
The menu offered a variety of selections at varied prices, many of which looked appealing. While perusing the menu the server brought a stained tablecloth for the table. Each of us chose a different entre and none of us thought our meal was worth a return visit. The only thing memorable about this restaurant was the bad odor inside.
The only thing appealing was the name Pomegranate Restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Gem in Troutville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I travel a lot, and finding an average restaurant is in any city is very easy - finding a great one is generally a lucky accident, but finding a great one [and close to home] that visit after visit can always impress, is a real treat. After three years of coming to this restaurant, I've been amazed at their ability to continue to serve up unique and wonderful tasting dishes time and again. I know they have kitchen turn-over like every other restaurant, but the management really seems to have a flair for finding talent that can produce consistent results visit after visit keeping the Pomegranate at the top of our dining list. I’ll let you hit their home page for the menu details [changes seasonally and based on local produce] what I will say is you will find something on it for everyone, and if you need something just a little different, be sure to ask, they always try to accommodate everyone. They have a full bar stocked with something for every taste and budget, from Coors Lite to 12yr old Scotch and any frozen mixture you can think of. For the wine aficionado, they have a very ample cellar and a seasoned sommelier that can pair up with food to meet anyone's taste.

What some folks miss out on is the "other personality" of this restaurant. Half of their facility is a more casual setting that is built around a first rate bar and stage. They have music every Friday/Sat and some weeknights. You can order the same great food in the casual dining area that you can order in the more formal setting [like the Pine Room at the Hotel Roanoke "used" to do - no longer I'm afraid] or you can order more casual food. There is plenty of room to just eat and enjoy the band, or you can join everyone on the intimate dance floor. Always a great time and great bands in the "Gathering Room."

Given the price/value of the experience [go upscale and spend a little more in the dining room, or casual and spend less in the Gathering Room], anyone looking for a great evening out, should take the couple miles drive outside of Roanoke and try this one out!

• Visited June 2012