“Quick HOT good food, Decent Prices, EXTRA Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Troutville
Cuisines: American
Delaware
1,253 helpful votes 1,253 helpful votes
“Quick HOT good food, Decent Prices, EXTRA Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My husband and I stopped in this Hardees on our way back from vacationing in TN. This Hardees in Troutville was an easy-on/easy-off pit stop along the interstate (I-81). We originally got off at this exit with the intent of going to Shoney's. But, once we stood at the hostess stand for over 10 minutes at Shoney's with no service, we decided to try this Hardees.

We arrived at this Hardees just before 2PM on 7/09/2009. Once inside this Hardees, we were cheerfully greeted by our cashier, Kathleen. We ordered a plain Bacon Cheeseburger and a small Hot Ham-n-Cheese Combo with a small fries and a small coke. We were given a plastic table number and told to have a seat & that our order would be right up. We grabbed a table in the CLEAN dining room and waited for our food. Within minutes our order was out to us. All of our food was hot and tasty & just as ordered. I love Hardees Hot Ham-n-Cheese & I really love that they brought the junior sized version back to their menu!! We were both happy with our food and it was a good value at just under $6 (including tax).

After eating, we decided to try the Peach shake that was advertised. My husband went back and ordered it & was back at the table within a few minutes. I was not so excited about the Peach Shake. It was really sweet--like those gummy Peach rings candy--and had an artificially flavored taste to me. My husband went back up to the window and explained that we did NOT like the artificial tasting peach shake since we thought it was going to made from fresh peaches. Kathleen was very nice and said she would give him another flavor of his choice to replace the Peach shake. He chose Chocolate and was given a new shake within a matter of minutes. I must admit that the chocolate shake was 100 times better!! With a new YUMMY shake in hand, we headed back out to the car to make our way back to the interstate.

Overall, this Hardees was a great pit-stop along our trip. It was fast, convenient, clean and the food was both hot & good. The prices were decent and the service was BEYOND friendly. I would stop here again for a quick meal stop if I were traveling along I-81 through Virginia.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere