“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Painesville, Ohio
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and clean. After riding our motorcycle all day, we wanted to have food delivered to the room. The selection was pizza or Chinese. There was a Cracker Barrel near by. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
kantstop, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write this 5-star review. We appreciate our guests' feedback, and are especially happy to read five-star ones. Looking forward to accommodating you again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This new HI Express is everything you want in a convenient hotel right off I-81: clean, friendly staff, everything in good repair, comfortable beds, standard amenities for new hotels in this price range. Staff went out of their way to help us with special needs. My only complaint with this and all similar new hotels is the bright security lights that make it impossible to get the room dark enough to promote good sleep, This hotel has effective curtains but you would need duct tape to seal the cracks that let light in around the edges.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
kantstop, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Daniel B,
Thank you for taking the time to post such kind words. Our staff strives to make our guests stay excellent. You the customer, is what makes us who we are. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the lighting outside. I will share your comments with our staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice, clean accommodation and very friendly helpful staff. Very convenient to interstate. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast is always very good. We alway enjoy staying the HIE properties, you can count on a nice stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
kantstop, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back!
Troutville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our stay was quite pleasant and more than we expected for a Holiday Inn Express. Continental breakfast had lots to choose from too! THANK YOU for your hospitality there, we will be back on our next special occassion!

Room Tip: Room with a jacuzzi
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you had a nice stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate you taking the time to let Trip Advisor travelers know of your positive experience with us. Hope that you will visit us again when you are in the Troutville area.
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Having stayed in every major (and many minor) hotels over the years I have become very attached to the Holiday Inn Express chain. While they are a little pricy at times this is well worth the consistency you will find from hotel to hotel.

The Troutville-Roanoke HIE was the perfect location to spend the night as I was in town for a convention. I created the reservation online and decided to sign up for a Priority Clubs Reward card since I visit so often. Even if you have no intention of racking up points it does save on your check in process and will allow you to save your discounts and preferences.

The staff was very friendly yet very quick to get me through the check in process and get me on my way. The entire building was clean and appeared to be fairly new. I stayed on the third floor facing the road (route 11) and fairly close to I-81. I did hear quite a bit of noise from the traffic during the evening while watching television, but it did not disturb my sleep. While I did hear the occasional slamming door and loud child I never heard voices through the walls or any other noise during the night. I was also mildly annoyed by the bright blue light coming from the thermostat. There was a button on it that had a light symbol on it, but I was unable to dim or turn off the light (it was like a night light on the wall). Luckily, I bring a sleep mask which did the trick.

One of my favorite things about these hotels (other than the firm/soft pillow options and awesome shower head) is the small coffee maker. In the past they used to offer lids to fit over the plastic cups, but this one did not have them. I did bring my own travel mug so I could take my hot tea on the run.

The breakfast bar goes well beyond expectations. The woman stocking the items seemed a bit overwhelmed, but the room had around 30 or so people and she did a great job keeping up and the room had no messes and the tables were cleaned. People seem confused or apprehensive about the pancake machine (just press the button!) and I typically take full advantage of it, but this time I tried the French toast. I was a bit surprised to find it very cold as I took it out of the warming holder and I assume it was once frozen. Yet a few moments in the toaster and it was delicious. I don't expect the food to be freshly made yet it is always well beyond any other hotel chain's breakfast.

Room Tip: As I heard a lot of road noise I would recommend a room on the back of the hotel. At the same time I...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
kantstop, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent visit with us. We appreciate your business, and that you took the time to let us now how you felt about your overall experience. We take tremendous pride in offering an exceptional experience, and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Again thank you for your comments and your patronage.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a newer facility and I was very happy with my one night stay. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. The breakfast was the normal fair for an Express. The desk personnel were very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Glad to hear you had a restful night with us. Hopefully when you are back in the Troutville area you will stop in and stay with us again.
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in late March to attend a wedding at nearby Fincastle and we were not disappointed. The King room was very spacious and well equipped and for the price was excellent value. It is well situated just off the I81 has nearby restaurants and gas stations. If you are on business or visiting the area then I would recommend the Holiday Inn highly.

Room Tip: Go for a King room great value.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post such kind words. Our staff strives to make our guests stay excellent. You, the customer, is what makes us who we are. We hope that if you are in this area again, sou will stay with us. Thank you and thanks again for your review!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North? Share your experiences!