“Comfort Inn Troutville - Very nice for the money.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutville
Orlando, Florida
“Comfort Inn Troutville - Very nice for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in the Comfort Inn in Troutville, VA over the weekend for a softball tournament. Our group booked about a dozen rooms so we received the group rate of $90 a night. We checked in 7-19-14 at about 6PM. The process was a little slow and we didn't get the feeling the young lady behind the desk really wanted to be there. Our room was clean and neat upon arrival. After a long day of softball our daughter was ready for bed so we didn't spend much time outside our room that evening. The pool was very small but clean and wet according to some of the other players. Our receipt was placed under our door while we were enjoying a good nights sleep. The double beds were clean and fairly comfortable. Each room has a refrigerator and a microwave. In the morning our daughter went to breakfast and had a waffle she made herself and seemed to enjoy. One suggestion would be that the breakfast time be extended beyond 9AM as some folks like to sleep a little later. We dropped our room key cards at the counter and were on our way Sunday morning. For us it was a very clean, comfortable nights sleep at a reasonable price!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry the check in process was slow and I will speak to the desk clerk that was working that night. I am glad that you found your room to be both clean and neat. We are happy you enjoyed a good nights sleep before the game. Glad breakfast was enjoyed I will see what can be done about the hours. If there is anything I may do to assist you please feel free to contact either by phone 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Until next time.

Melinda Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chevy Chase
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Last minute travel plans led us to require a night's rest in the Roanoke area, so I did some research and found the Comfort Inn of Troutville. It was a very good experience, with only a few minor issues:
Pro - Great rate, easy check-in (though late!), requested extra pillows and got them, king bed super comfortable, as were pillows, great TV and fridge. Late check-out was easy-peasy.
Cons-the bathroom smelled a bit unpleasant when we first came in, it is a handicapped room, so I think it would be sensible for the housekeeper to put the shower head in the lowest position when she is done cleaning (as the wheelchair-bound guest would then be able to reach it), the black-out curtain lets light from parking lot in at the bottom; No freezer in the fridge, which meant I couldn't get my ice paks cold enough for icing my shoulder and back; and the staff were chatting about management within earshot of the guests...not very professonal! The pool looked nice, but was really tiny, just an fyi.

With the exception of these minor issues, however, we enjoyed our (brief) stay and slept very well in the super comfy bed! We missed the free breakfast, but the coffee was good and we made our way across the parking lot to the Waffle House and had a decent breakfast there. Since there was a big back-up on the 81 North when we were getting ready to leave, we decided to go uphill instead and got on the Blue Ridge Parkway....beautiful, peacful drive, no traffic! Then we got back on the 81 further north and avoided the traffic problems. Problem solved!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you had an easy check in and out experience and the you enjoyed the bed and pillows. I will speak to the housekeeping staff about the placement of the shower head and I will look into the curtain. I am sorry there is not freezer in the room but we would have gladly placed your items in the breakfast freezer for you as we have done in the past for other guest. I will also be speaking to the staff concerning their chatting. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will certainly think of us for your lodging needs. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me by phone 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Where ever your travels take you may they always be safe and happy.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed in the Troutville Comfort Inn for the night to break up my driving. I was told my assigned room was changed because there were a lot of teens at the hotel. I assumed that meant I was given a room in another section. The check in process went smoothly and I was given directions to my room. The room was a good size and I liked that there were firm and soft pillows to choose from. The rubber ducky in the bathroom was a cute touch. The water pressure was aqequate so no complaints with that. The walls are quite thin though as about the point I was trying to fall asleep, is when I figured out my room was near the teens. They were racing in the hallway with the luggage carts. The breakfast room is good sized but my waffle lacked flavor and I didn't finish it. So I'd suggest grabbing a bite elsewhere. Checkout here was slow as the desk clerk had disappeared. When she returned I then had to wait for her to checkout the others before me. Since all of us had already paid I am still puzzled what took so long. I doubt I'd stay here again if I was in the area as there are better options.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and I will most certainly look into these. I am pleased that your room was alright and that check in went smoothly, sorry about the walls though. I will look at room placement we try and keep team rooms all in one area of the hotel.I am curious to know was the waffle in question of the flavored variety, if so I will have to look into this as well because everything is premeasured so I am at a loss there. I will also have to find out about the clerk they should be at the desk . If there is anything I can do for you, you may contact me by phone 540-992-5600, or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com.
Thank you again for your comments they are always helping us to improve.
Barneveld, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a very convenient place to spend a peaceful night night when traveling on I-81. It is located on Rt.#11 close to that highway and has a large separate parking area for trucks and vehicles towing a trailer. Our room was near the road but we did not hear much traffic noise. Breakfast was good had numerous selections, which made it nice. Place was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I must say we are an easy on easy off property to the interstate. The hotel is a very quiet place to rest your head. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have a wonderful housekeeping staff here. We look forward to your next visit with us. If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me by phone 540-992-5600, or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Where ever your travels may take you may they always be safe. Until next time.

Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My partner and myself stayed here early may this year.
Room was a good size well furnished clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was reasonably good.
Location was ok for us (we were touring)
Unfortunately the pool was out of order.(disappointing as we like to sit and read around the pool)
All in all could not complain about value for money,but had I known the pool would be unavailable
I would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks for the review and kind words. I'm sorry we disappointed you with not having the pool open. Unfortunately, it doesn't get warm enough in this part of Virginia to have the outdoor pool open before the end of May. I'm pleased we hit the mark with other aspects of your stay. I hope you will visit us again and I would be happy to assist with reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks again for visiting us and sharing your comments for other travelers.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. The shower had excellent water pressure and the tub had a non-slip surface and a safety rail. There's a nice restaurant nearby. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the bed to be comfortable. I am also glad you enjoyed the shower. Did you eat at the Italian restaurant. If you are ever in our area again and in need of a room please feel free to contact me either by phone 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Until then may you have safe and happy travels.
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A lot of pluses awaited us at this motel, which we were trying for the first time. For anyone getting on or off I-81, this is an especially good location, as it bypasses downtown Roanoke but is still not too far away if you need access to the city. We liked the wide hallways and generous-sized room, and were able to get a convenient handicap parking spot. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. Minor shortcomings: (1) A surprisingly small bathroom for such a large room, (2) No handicap handle bar at the rear of the shower, (3) No adjustable shower head, and (4) No privacy curtain (i.e.,semi-transparent) at the window. If we need to stop in the Roanoke area again, we will certainly keep this place in mind.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
First let me thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the room. Unfortunately I can do nothing about the size of the bathroom and I do apologize for that. I am glad that the staff treated you well and you got to enjoy the breakfast. May I ask though if you were indeed in a handicap room because they do infact have the hand held shower head. I am sorry we do not have shears on the windows just the blackout drapes. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to contact me either by phone at 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com and I will do my very best to help you. Until then my you always have safe and happy travels.
Melinda Shelton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!