“Conveniant to I-81” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Barneveld, New York
“Conveniant to I-81”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a very convenient place to spend a peaceful night night when traveling on I-81. It is located on Rt.#11 close to that highway and has a large separate parking area for trucks and vehicles towing a trailer. Our room was near the road but we did not hear much traffic noise. Breakfast was good had numerous selections, which made it nice. Place was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I must say we are an easy on easy off property to the interstate. The hotel is a very quiet place to rest your head. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have a wonderful housekeeping staff here. We look forward to your next visit with us. If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me by phone 540-992-5600, or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Where ever your travels may take you may they always be safe. Until next time.

Melinda Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My partner and myself stayed here early may this year.
Room was a good size well furnished clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was reasonably good.
Location was ok for us (we were touring)
Unfortunately the pool was out of order.(disappointing as we like to sit and read around the pool)
All in all could not complain about value for money,but had I known the pool would be unavailable
I would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks for the review and kind words. I'm sorry we disappointed you with not having the pool open. Unfortunately, it doesn't get warm enough in this part of Virginia to have the outdoor pool open before the end of May. I'm pleased we hit the mark with other aspects of your stay. I hope you will visit us again and I would be happy to assist with reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks again for visiting us and sharing your comments for other travelers.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. The shower had excellent water pressure and the tub had a non-slip surface and a safety rail. There's a nice restaurant nearby. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the bed to be comfortable. I am also glad you enjoyed the shower. Did you eat at the Italian restaurant. If you are ever in our area again and in need of a room please feel free to contact me either by phone 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Until then may you have safe and happy travels.
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A lot of pluses awaited us at this motel, which we were trying for the first time. For anyone getting on or off I-81, this is an especially good location, as it bypasses downtown Roanoke but is still not too far away if you need access to the city. We liked the wide hallways and generous-sized room, and were able to get a convenient handicap parking spot. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. Minor shortcomings: (1) A surprisingly small bathroom for such a large room, (2) No handicap handle bar at the rear of the shower, (3) No adjustable shower head, and (4) No privacy curtain (i.e.,semi-transparent) at the window. If we need to stop in the Roanoke area again, we will certainly keep this place in mind.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
First let me thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the room. Unfortunately I can do nothing about the size of the bathroom and I do apologize for that. I am glad that the staff treated you well and you got to enjoy the breakfast. May I ask though if you were indeed in a handicap room because they do infact have the hand held shower head. I am sorry we do not have shears on the windows just the blackout drapes. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to contact me either by phone at 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com and I will do my very best to help you. Until then my you always have safe and happy travels.
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

So I'll start off that the hotel is amazing. I met some great people who are the employees. My husband and I were talked to so friendly, especially by the housekeeper, Emily. She even explained to me that she had been working there for just a short time but she did great! The breakfast was delicious, but the lady running it, don't know her name she has orange hair I guess, was very rude and unpleasant to be around but other than that it is a great place and amazing staff! I'll for surely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I will pass along the good and the bad to those that need them. I do apologize for the breakfast attendant and will tend to her. I am thrilled that the rest of the staff took care of you like they should. If I can ever be of assistance to you, you can contact me either by phone at 540 -992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. I hope where ever you may go they be happy and safe travels. We look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here from Friday to Sunday. Was in town to visit my ailing grandparents. Very strange for me as I am from the area and usually stay with friends. Room was nice. Bed was very comfortable. Walls are a little thin, could hear the people next door flushing/taking a shower. Love that they are pet friendly since I had to bring my dog with me on this trip. Can't beat a 25 dollar pet fee. Breakfast was very nice. Good options. I plan to go down to visit again near the end of May so I will definitely be choosing Comfort Inn to stay at.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Kristen: Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope everything is going ok. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us We hear do love our pet parents and their children. Glad that you were able to enjoy breakfast with us. We look forward to your next stay with us. If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me at either 540 992 5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Until next time happy and safe travels.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We found a coupon for the Comfort Inn at a rest stop. Great value for a nice room. Easy access to I-81, Large room, easy access, comfortable bed. What more do you need? And, wait for it, it was walking distance to Waffle House. Doesn't get better than that for a stopover hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Mr. Don, first let me say thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad that you found our hotel to be accomodating to your needs. I like you enjoy the waffle house (gotta have em smothered and covered). I will pass along to all. If you are ever in our area again and in need of a room, please feel free to contact me either by phone 540 992 5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com

Til the next time my friend, happy and safe travels.

Melinda Shelton

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!