“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mechanicsburg, PA
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Newer property with clean rooms just north of Roanoke is a good choice for I-81 travelers who want an inexpensive, quiet and convenient place to spend a night on a long trip. A decent breakfast bar is included. Adequate retail and restaurants are nearby at the same I-81 exit, which has a rural, country and southern feel more so than a modern, suburban retail development, although there is a little of that at a Kroger's retail center just west of the exit.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are near the middle
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. It just goes to show what a great staff can do, our property is actually 20+ years but we have been recently remodeled. I hope if you are ever in need of a room in this area again you will think of us. From us to you have a happy holiday season.

Melinda Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oxford NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Traveling thru from FL, stopped for 1 night. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was much better than most hotels offer. At first I wasnt sure the bed was so great, but as we like to keep our room cool at night, we were able to snuggle down under the down comforter and had a really great nights sleep. It was quiet too. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
First of all let me say thank you for writing a response for our hotel. We do really appreciate them. I am glad that you had a good stay here. We hope that you had a safe trip to your destination. If you are ever in need of a room again in this area please think of us. Have a wonderful holiday season, from all of us here to you and yours.

Peachtree Corners, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

As we were travelling back from New York, some reviews for other places were scary--I found this place with some very positive reviews and found that it was just the place. I was able to get the seniors rate, and that really helped. We also needed a roll-a-way bed, and they were able to help out. The front desk person left his dinner twice to help me out. He was very nice. The breakfast was really good--I'm gluten free, so was happy to see eggs, canadian bacon, and hash browns. The room was very clean and we were very satisfied with the our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that Zach could assist you when you needed it. He is wonderful with the guest, very helpful young man. I am also glad that our housekeeping staff cleaned your room very well and you could enjoy a good breakfast the next morning to start the day off right. If you are ever in our area again, please think of us if you need a place to stay. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Troutville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We got there late. I checked in and the lady that greeted me at the front desk was very friendly. The room was very well cleaned and organized. The beds were very soft. There were four pillows on each double bed. I truly enjoyed my stay and wished it was longer. I we did take part in the breakfast the next morning and it was Delicious

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to pass it along to the desk clerk, housekeeping and breakfast. I am glad that you liked our beds. We do get alot of compliments about them. Glad you also enjoyed our breakfast the next morning. Maybe the next time your in town you can stay a little longer with us. Until then take care and safe travels.

Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were on the road late and stopped here because the ratings were good. The night clerk was very friendly and gave us a choice of an upstairs room or a handicap room on the ground level. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was not bad and had a little of everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to everyone. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back and visit again.

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just got back from our third stay at this Comfort Inn. It is a halfway point on the long car trip between our home in the Philadelphia area and our daughter's home in Nashville, TN. We have been very pleased each of the three times we have stayed here. First of all, you would be hard pressed to find a speck of dirt anywhere in this hotel. Although it is not a brand new hotel it is completely updated inside with new tile and newer decor and fittings, bedding, etc. The breakfast includes a lot of healthier items some hotels do not include, like regular, unflavored oatmeal, yogurt, and fresh fruit, along with all the usual favorites like waffles, bagels, juices, coffee, etc. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and updated. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable stay. Dog friendly which is always a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks so much for being a returning guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your lodging needs.
Thanks also for the kind review and your comments of our hotel. I am pleased you have enjoyed all of your visits and we look forward to seeing you again.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were driving home from Florida and pulled into this hotel without a reservation around 7 PM. The woman at the desk was very nice and we had a room in minutes. She asked if either of us were over 62 (my husband) and if we had a Choice Privileges number (we do). We got a senior citizens rate.

The room had two double beds, microwave, fridge, safe, huge vanity in the bathroom and tub/shower. It was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast bar the following morning was the best I've seen. The "cold" items were in a small cooler with a glass door on the counter. They had a waffle maker and two kinds of batter - regular and buckwheat. Beverages were four kinds of juice, regular and decaf coffee, hot water for tea, and cappuccino machine.

I had the pineapple-orange juice and regular coffee. Both were excellent. I had the regular waffle and my husband had the buckwheat and both were good. They also had sausage patties, scrambled eggs and little omelets - also delicious. They had yogurts in the cooler and bagels, donuts and muffins.

The person responsible for the breakfast bar was present the whole time and on top of things.

Check-out was quick and efficient.

Just off I-81 at exit 150B.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for the review. It's a great one. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the breakfast. We aim to please. We are so very glad that everyone from the desk clerk, housekeeping and breakfast attendant too care of you. Hope to see you again if you are traveling this way. Take care. Happy travels.

Melinda Shelton

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!