“nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Richmond, Virginia
“nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were there for one night due to a softball tournament. Arriving late, the hotel was quick to check us in, and within minutes we were in our room. Room was super clean, fresh--the beds were wonderful. Small refrig and microwave. The breakfast the next morning was your typical hotel breakfast but served us well. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you Cyndi for the wonderful comments. I am glad that the staff took good care of you. We try to get you in your room as quick as possible. Glad to see you liked our new bedding. I must say that my desk clerk informed me that the ballteams in while you were here were some of the best that we have ever had. A BIG THANK YOU. If you are ever in our area again hope you will stop back by.

Thanks again.
Melinda Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ALMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were tired and not in the best of moods from hours of driving in heavy truck traffic. The reception we received was very pleasant and a "glad to see you" feeling. The price was an unexpected treat also. Very nice hotel at a very welcome price. Great breakfast selection of hot and cold foods. Good coffee. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thomas thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that we took such good care of you (as we do all of our guest) while you were here. We try and give our best southern hospitality. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope you got to make one of the waffles for yourself, they are very good. Hope to see you again if you are traveling this way again. Until then my friend Happy Travels!!!
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Everything about this Comfort Inn was perfect. The staff (front desk & breakfast attendant) were very friendly, the size of the room was great & had 2 queen beds, and breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we had on our 8 day trip in 4 different hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. The staff here does it's very best to accomodate our guests in every way. I am glad to see that we hit the mark with you. I hope that if you are ever in our area again that you will stop by and see us. Happy travels to you. Again thank you from the entire staff.
Coarsegold, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a very nice property, pleasant staff, comfortable, if small, room. But the smell of smoke permeated the entire non smoking floor and into our room as well, so I unfortunately cannot recommend this hotel to any non-smokers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate comments. I will pass them along to my wonderful staff. We do try our best to keep down the smell of smoke in the hallways sometime we just have to work double duty on this. Once again thank you for your feedback. Happy travels.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night in early August 2013. Our online reservation did not get into system correctly but upon arrival, Monica took the extra time to sort it out and get us rooms we needed. She was incredibly fast, efficient and cordial. Rooms (300 and 303) were on top floor and looked almost new. They were very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our dual queen suite was large and all fixtures operated perfectly. Bathroom was spotless. Microwave and fridge operated perfectly. Bedding was soft and comfortable. Bed mattresses were perfect for us. We lean towards a plusher rather than a firm mattress. Breakfast area while small, was well stocked and well maintained.

This Comfort Inn almost has the feel of a small boutique hotel from the design of its lobby and guest areas. This appears to be a deliberate (and welcome) move for the franchise. Highly recommend this small, very well managed hotel. We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express nearby and recommend it, though we find the Express beds a bit too firm for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor and away from elevator are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to pass it along to Monica as well. She is wonderful with the guest, always willing to do whatever she can to make their stay a more enjoyable one. I am glad that you found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and quiet. You actually hit the nail on the head with the rooms they are new, they were added when we did our renovation. I again thank you for your review and if you are ever in our area again please think of us. Happy travels.
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was in charge of finding lodging for Shamrock Festival volleyball tournament back in March for one of our club teams. They give us a list of all the hotels who partner with the tournament and I was responsible for choosing and booking a block of rooms. I did a lot of research on hotels of all price ranges and was amazed at how good the reviews were for this hotel as it was just about the cheapest one on the list. Decided to take a chance on it and didn't regret it one bit. My dealing with Carmen in reserving a block of rooms was smooth and pleasant. Upon arriving I was greeted by some of the most pleasant front desk people ever. The rooms were nice and they were clean. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Loved the little rubber duck left in the bathroom for guests. If our volleyball club ever decides to go to Shamrock Festival to play again I would definitely book at this hotel without hesitation. It is easy to get to off of I81 and was convenient (within 15 min.) of the various venues we played at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I will pass it along to the staff and to Carmen as well. She is very easy to work with. I am glad that my staff took very good care of you. We do have a wonderful staff here all the way around desk, housekeeping, breakfast, and maintenance. We are glad you liked the duck as well. I hope that you do decide to play in the Festival again or perhaps just a vacation, we will be here ready to take care of your needs. Happy Travels from our staff to you.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wedding planned in nearby Fincastle VA and needed lodging for several families who were attending from out of state last December. The manager was very helpful and accommodating to our needs which included elderly and special needs family. Our rooms were grouped on one end of the hotel. They also allowed us to use the breakfast area for our shower and belated Christmas gatherings. When we needed anything at all even the after hours staff were very helpful and went out of their way for us! The breakfast and rooms were very nice.

Room Tip: Good to stay near the front for access or all the way in the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Let me thank you for staying with us for your special event. I am glad that the staff were so very accommodating to your needs. When we have any type of group staying with us we always try and do our best to keep everyone together, it just makes it easier on them. As for the breakfast room guests are always welcome to use it for their needs if nothing(breakfast) is going on in there. I am glad that you found everything to your satisfaction. Again on behalf of myself and the staff thank you. If you are ever in the area again or are in need of rooms I hope you will think of us.

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!