“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Everything about this Comfort Inn was perfect. The staff (front desk & breakfast attendant) were very friendly, the size of the room was great & had 2 queen beds, and breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we had on our 8 day trip in 4 different hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. The staff here does it's very best to accomodate our guests in every way. I am glad to see that we hit the mark with you. I hope that if you are ever in our area again that you will stop by and see us. Happy travels to you. Again thank you from the entire staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coarsegold, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a very nice property, pleasant staff, comfortable, if small, room. But the smell of smoke permeated the entire non smoking floor and into our room as well, so I unfortunately cannot recommend this hotel to any non-smokers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate comments. I will pass them along to my wonderful staff. We do try our best to keep down the smell of smoke in the hallways sometime we just have to work double duty on this. Once again thank you for your feedback. Happy travels.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night in early August 2013. Our online reservation did not get into system correctly but upon arrival, Monica took the extra time to sort it out and get us rooms we needed. She was incredibly fast, efficient and cordial. Rooms (300 and 303) were on top floor and looked almost new. They were very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our dual queen suite was large and all fixtures operated perfectly. Bathroom was spotless. Microwave and fridge operated perfectly. Bedding was soft and comfortable. Bed mattresses were perfect for us. We lean towards a plusher rather than a firm mattress. Breakfast area while small, was well stocked and well maintained.

This Comfort Inn almost has the feel of a small boutique hotel from the design of its lobby and guest areas. This appears to be a deliberate (and welcome) move for the franchise. Highly recommend this small, very well managed hotel. We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express nearby and recommend it, though we find the Express beds a bit too firm for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor and away from elevator are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to pass it along to Monica as well. She is wonderful with the guest, always willing to do whatever she can to make their stay a more enjoyable one. I am glad that you found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and quiet. You actually hit the nail on the head with the rooms they are new, they were added when we did our renovation. I again thank you for your review and if you are ever in our area again please think of us. Happy travels.
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was in charge of finding lodging for Shamrock Festival volleyball tournament back in March for one of our club teams. They give us a list of all the hotels who partner with the tournament and I was responsible for choosing and booking a block of rooms. I did a lot of research on hotels of all price ranges and was amazed at how good the reviews were for this hotel as it was just about the cheapest one on the list. Decided to take a chance on it and didn't regret it one bit. My dealing with Carmen in reserving a block of rooms was smooth and pleasant. Upon arriving I was greeted by some of the most pleasant front desk people ever. The rooms were nice and they were clean. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Loved the little rubber duck left in the bathroom for guests. If our volleyball club ever decides to go to Shamrock Festival to play again I would definitely book at this hotel without hesitation. It is easy to get to off of I81 and was convenient (within 15 min.) of the various venues we played at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I will pass it along to the staff and to Carmen as well. She is very easy to work with. I am glad that my staff took very good care of you. We do have a wonderful staff here all the way around desk, housekeeping, breakfast, and maintenance. We are glad you liked the duck as well. I hope that you do decide to play in the Festival again or perhaps just a vacation, we will be here ready to take care of your needs. Happy Travels from our staff to you.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wedding planned in nearby Fincastle VA and needed lodging for several families who were attending from out of state last December. The manager was very helpful and accommodating to our needs which included elderly and special needs family. Our rooms were grouped on one end of the hotel. They also allowed us to use the breakfast area for our shower and belated Christmas gatherings. When we needed anything at all even the after hours staff were very helpful and went out of their way for us! The breakfast and rooms were very nice.

Room Tip: Good to stay near the front for access or all the way in the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Let me thank you for staying with us for your special event. I am glad that the staff were so very accommodating to your needs. When we have any type of group staying with us we always try and do our best to keep everyone together, it just makes it easier on them. As for the breakfast room guests are always welcome to use it for their needs if nothing(breakfast) is going on in there. I am glad that you found everything to your satisfaction. Again on behalf of myself and the staff thank you. If you are ever in the area again or are in need of rooms I hope you will think of us.
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Inn is just off the Interstate but far enough that road noise is zero. A newer Comfort Inn, clean, smoke free, good beds, and a very pleasant front desk staff. Basic breakfast, if more is wanted Cracker Barrel just up the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Let me say thank you from all of us here. It is amazing that having the interstate nearby and yet the hotel itself is very quiet. I am glad that you found our place to be clean and comfortable, and you were treated well by the front desk staff. I hope if you are ever here again you will think of us. Happy travels, and thank you again.
St. Albans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for a softball tournament. I was a little worried when we got off the interstate as the area is a little ran down but was pleasantly surprised by the area and the hotel. Lobby was clean and basic. Lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Room (111) was very clean. Beds were comfortable and clean. Pillows are good but a little small. Full size beds but room could accommodate queen beds. Fridge in room was good sized. Hallway was clean but a little stuffy. Outdoor pool but the weather didn't cooperate for that...indoor pool would have been great! Breakfast area is nice but a little small. Attendant was nice. Waffle had odd taste but everything else was good. A few restaurants around: Waffle House next door, McDonald's next to it, Taco Bell - run of the mill, off of the interstate choices.I must highly recommend Bella's across the street. The front desk clerk recommended it. It sits in a old strip mall but is the best Italian food I have ever eaten .The family that owns it is from Sicily and they are so nice and the food/prices are amazing!
If in the area again we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to everyone. I am glad that you found the desk clerk to be helpful and nice during your stay with us and that your room was clean. New pillows are coming soon!!! I am sorry that the weather did not cooperate so you could enjoy the pool. I am wondering if you had one of the flavored waffles though or perhaps may have grabbed the sugar free syrup. Bellas is one of my favorite restaurants and most everyone that goes there agrees. They are great and so is the food. We look forward to another visit from you if you are ever in the area. Take care.

Been to Comfort Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!