“Not the Taj Mahal but clean & comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Troutville

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Troutville to your Saves list
Quality Inn Troutville
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3139 Lee Highway South, Troutville, VA 24175 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Roanoke Northeast Troutville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Troutville
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Not the Taj Mahal but clean & comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Room was a bit dated but was clean and comfortable. After over 15 hours on the road, driving from Boston we were road weary and drowsy. Not a good combination. We checked in around midnight and the overnight clerk couldn't have been nicer. First room, the key didn't work. The clerk re did the key and made a second for an alternate room. We were escorted back, The first room had a dead card key so we were walked right over to the second room and practically tucked us in (not really). The room featured two regular sized beds a table and chairs, flat screen tv, twin sink vanity and toilet inside a small separate room with tub & shower. Small fridge and coffee maker that made barely passable coffee with non dairy creamer (yuck). Free breakfast I. The lobby was good with a decent variety and thankfully, good strong coffee. Water pressure seems good and I'm looking forward to a morning shower to wash the road grime off and set out refreshed for another day on the. Road. This isn't a Sandals or a Embassy Suites but was a comfy break from the road, we slept like logs. Maybe should have 5 stars because of recent refurb but still seemed dated so 4 stars it is. Still, I highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad the front desk agent was able to meet your needs. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived safely.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Santurce, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ask for a room in the new building (Our room was #309, first floor). This building has interior corridors, but no Elevators. Clean and comfortable room. Excellent breakfast with eggs and bacon and you can take your breakfast to the room. Next to Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room in the New Building, first floor (NO ELEVATORS). Interior Corridors and were able to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We appreciate the kind remarks. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived safely.
Vidalia, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Check in was a little slow as I think the Attendant was nervous. I got the feeling that maybe she was new at her job, but overall it was okay. I was only there for a few hours, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This is an older motel with outside entrance and no elevator. Appreciated Carol having the breakfast out a few minutes early as I had to drive 800 miles after I left there. Breakfast was the usual for a Quality inn, except she has cheese omelets which I liked. Didn't see the waffle Iron. Check out was quick.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your stay. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. Close to 81. Several restaurants in the area. We had a 2nd floor room and no elevator. Outside entrance to rooms. Had to walk outside to get to breakfast area. Breakfast was very good. Can easily hear people talking in next door rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. If you are back in the area, we would love for you to call and make reservations to stay again. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Middle-West Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Clean comfortable room, We had a ground floor unit and were able to park at the door. nothing spectacular to do accept for a rest stop on a road trip. Next to a Cracker Barrel, so no need to drive to eat after a long day on the road.

Room Tip: Advertised a mountain view room, actually a hillside and interstate overlook, great Cracker Barrel r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We hope that when you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us.
Okeechobee,Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this Inn before. This is our second time. I don't know if they gave us an older room, or within 6 months it fell apart. Wallpaper coming off the walls, I had to stuff tissues in the bottom of the door, the opening was big enough a small animal could get in or bugs. Bed was okay, room cleaned okay, just not happy with surroundings. We have stayed at other Quality's and I thought it was a bit pricey. It is conveniant to walk to Cracker Barrel next door, and it is a half way stop on our travels from Florida. The people are always nice at the desk. Breakfast, not one of the best, have had better, and we aren't fussy in the morning. Went to Cracker Barrel. Have to think twice before returning, there is another hotel in the area. I belong to Choice Hotels and Quality is on their list. Gave them my card and they couldn't find me. Had no problem at other hotels. Have to check up on this yet.

Room Tip: Close to I-81 to get off, next door to Cracker Barrel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I want to thank you for returning my call. I have already address the issues we discussed with the maintenance department. I hope you will give us one more try.
Stewartsown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were on our way to Atlanta to visit relatives and saw a coupon for this hotel in there.
The room was clean and homey. the clerk and workers were very nice and extremely helpful.

The breakfast was very nice eggs bacon biscuits and gravy bagels etc. Coffee was outstanding.
When I come this way again and will make a point to stay here. Beds were excellent and firm

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time in completing to survey. We are very close to I81 for guest traveling north and south on I81. Please stop by again if you are close in our area.

Been to Quality Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!