“Nice Rest Stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Troutville

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Troutville to your Saves list
Quality Inn Troutville
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3139 Lee Highway South, Troutville, VA 24175 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Roanoke Northeast Troutville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Middle-West Georgia
“Nice Rest Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Clean comfortable room, We had a ground floor unit and were able to park at the door. nothing spectacular to do accept for a rest stop on a road trip. Next to a Cracker Barrel, so no need to drive to eat after a long day on the road.

Room Tip: Advertised a mountain view room, actually a hillside and interstate overlook, great Cracker Barrel r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We hope that when you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Okeechobee,Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this Inn before. This is our second time. I don't know if they gave us an older room, or within 6 months it fell apart. Wallpaper coming off the walls, I had to stuff tissues in the bottom of the door, the opening was big enough a small animal could get in or bugs. Bed was okay, room cleaned okay, just not happy with surroundings. We have stayed at other Quality's and I thought it was a bit pricey. It is conveniant to walk to Cracker Barrel next door, and it is a half way stop on our travels from Florida. The people are always nice at the desk. Breakfast, not one of the best, have had better, and we aren't fussy in the morning. Went to Cracker Barrel. Have to think twice before returning, there is another hotel in the area. I belong to Choice Hotels and Quality is on their list. Gave them my card and they couldn't find me. Had no problem at other hotels. Have to check up on this yet.

Room Tip: Close to I-81 to get off, next door to Cracker Barrel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I want to thank you for returning my call. I have already address the issues we discussed with the maintenance department. I hope you will give us one more try.
Stewartsown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were on our way to Atlanta to visit relatives and saw a coupon for this hotel in there.
The room was clean and homey. the clerk and workers were very nice and extremely helpful.

The breakfast was very nice eggs bacon biscuits and gravy bagels etc. Coffee was outstanding.
When I come this way again and will make a point to stay here. Beds were excellent and firm

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time in completing to survey. We are very close to I81 for guest traveling north and south on I81. Please stop by again if you are close in our area.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Good location off the interstate. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful (thanks Thomas & Tracy).
The breakfast bar had bacon, scrambled egg patties, and also sausage gravy in addition to the normal cereal, toast, and pastries (my son was slightly disappointed there was no Belgian waffle maker). A Cracker Barrel restaurant is located adjacent to the property if you require a more hearty breakfast.
Seasonal outdoor pool looked well maintained. Did not use the gym but the equipment seemed to be okay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to complete the survey and write additional comments. Sharing a parking lot with Cracker Barrel is an additional bonus when staying with us. I hope the rest of your trip went well and you arrived home safely.
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Troutville. The rooms were very well maintained and the staff were very professional and accommodating. The General Manager on duty at our check-in, Fonda Wilson, was extremely helpful, friendly, and accommodating.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "annex" building which did not have very many guests at the time and ther...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am so glad that your stay with us on your trip though this area met your exceptations. I love my job and the area that I live in. I want all our guests to have an enjoyable stay in the Blue Ridge Mountains whether you are here overnight or for a few days.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay in A Quality Inn and a very pleasant surprise. The location is a very easy access off the highway and the Cracker Barrel restaurant next door was convenient for a late evening supper. The room was clean and comfortable. The only minor issue is the fact that the room was in a separate building from the main lobby and breakfast area so we had to walk outside to the main building in the morning. Not a problem in good weather but could be inconvenient on a blustery winter morning.
Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind remarks. Yes. sometimes the annex can be inconvenient but alot of our guest like to security of the inside halls. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is a rare gem. Perfect location off the interstate, rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Great value for the money, Cracker Barrell walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I feel very blessed to live surrounded by mountains and the fall leaves will be beautiful. Please stop on your next trip though.

Been to Quality Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!