“I can not thank you enough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Troutville

You added Quality Inn Troutville to your Saves list
Quality Inn Troutville
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3139 Lee Highway South, Troutville, VA 24175 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Roanoke Northeast Troutville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Troutville
Austin, Texas, United States
“I can not thank you enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I were passing through...exhausted from our long drive..This hotel was clean and reasonably priced. In the morning we were back on the road..little did I know, one of my bags were left behind (It had 20 years of my one of a kind designer jewelry in it) We were so exhausted, we didn't realise until we got back home to Texas. I was sick, holding my stomach in disbelief.. 25 years of my treasures could be gone..."where did we leave it"...Finally it came to us...There was no way I thought I was getting it back...I had some nice pieces, (I was in the fashion industry at one time). We called the Quality Inn in Troutville, spoke to a man named Louis Garza...I was in disbelief! He said he had it right there at the front desk! I can not tell you how happy I was..I was thrilled... grateful... I cried....Louis, you have restored my faith in humanity. Any company should (and would) be honored to have you watch over their business...you are an honest man! Thank you~ Thank you~ Thank you~ xoxoxoxo

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed in room 101 ground floor juccuzi sweet. the room was very clean , the staff was very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast was good and it was a safe friendly place to stay. I would highly reccomend this hotel to any travelers or business groups. they make you feel welcome and like family there.there are restraunts within walking distance like Crackerbarrel, Mcdonalds, ect.. . gas is inexpensive at the pilot station an the hotel is right off the interstate. the beds were new an comfy. you can not beat this hotel for the price. i read some of the other complaint reviews and found them to be not true. the nite i stayed there they sold out so you should definetly make reservations ahead of time. the owner an manager both asked me how was my stay. It was excelent you couldnt find a nicer ,cleaner, friendlier , hotel anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! final coment the pictures of this hotel do not do it justice. the hotel is much nicer an newer than the photos show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best bang for your money!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: request ground floor you can walk right into your room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel has a mix of interior and exterior rooms. Even the exterior rooms are very nice and clean. Well maintained. Granite counters in bath rooms. This is by far the best exterior property at which I have stayed! The interior rooms are newer and very modern in decor. The whole property was kept up, well landscaped and painted. The breakfast was nice. The people were very kind. The manager was unbelievably pleasant. Not your typical Quality Inn. Well worth the money. If you can, get the interior rooms on the second floor facing the mountains!

Room Tip: Interior rooms on second floor facing the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

We were very pleases with this hotel. We are very critical about where were stay and found this hotel clean, comfortable and quite pleasant. A great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2011
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I were driving down to Tennessee and needed a place to sleep in order to continue the drive the next day.

We were driving down Route 81 south and we found on the AAA the Quality Inn. When I called the woman at the desk was so accomodating. She said they had rooms and we should stop to get the discount coupon.

When we got there, she informed me that there was a room closer to the front of the building but that the a/c didn't work too well. I expressed that we definitely needed a/c, and she said then she would have to give us the room on the 2nd floor, which was fine.

I was very pleased when I got into the room and has seen that it was clean.

The only reason I did not give this the top review is that Quality Inn beds are horrible and their pillows are too small.

I would stay again. It was very suitable for a quick overnight stay and the staff was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you stop at the local gas station that provides the Hotel coupons.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

the heat did not work, staff stated that half of the heating systems did not not work and the breakfast was cold and made us sick. The price for this place was out of line for this area. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Troutville the night before the BC game.

I'll give the positives first. The staff was very friendly - no problems there. The free wi-fi includes ESPN360, so if you are up there for a Tech game and want to check out the highlights before going to bed, you can. (For those who aren't looking at this hotel for a Tech game, just nod politely.)

Now the negatives.

If you are looking at the picture on their website (which is the same photo TripAdvisor has), you would think that all of the rooms are interior-facing (meaning, the door goes to a hallway, not to the outside.) I'm not 100% sure, but I think the picture is of the hotel next door. Or maybe it's a photo from when it used to be a Holiday Inn Express. Whatever it is, this photo is 100% NOT the Quality Inn.

The room door goes to the outside, which means you hear nothing but interstate traffic going by all night. For me, that's a deal killer.

It wasn't particularly clean - I killed four stink bugs in my room before going to bed. I don't fault them too terribly much for that, though - when you have exterior-facing rooms and there's been a lot of rain, you're going to find bugs. I wouldn't have even stayed here if the picture on the website had actually have been of this hotel.

The beds were incredibly hard - I pulled the blanket off of the other bed and that at least got me through the night, although my back still hurt the next morning.

The website says they have a "Free deluxe continental breakfast". I looked over at it and saw bagels and bread. (There may have been more - after a cursory glance, I decided to just go to Hardee's, which is right across the street.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Troutville? Share your experiences!