“Needs Attention Badly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thornburg
Newton, New Jersey
“Needs Attention Badly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff was friendly. Room was unattractive, and air handling unit very loud, perfume smell in room and dog barking in hall. Poor nights sleep. Breakfast eggs extremely salty, toast stale, muffins hard. Off our list of places to stop. Holiday Inn needs to raise standards on this one.

Stayed May 2015
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While we strive for every guest to have a pleasant experience, I apologize you did not have that. It is very unusual that this occurs. As you can see by many other responses you experience was not the normal. I do hope to see you again as I am very confident you will not have that same type of stay. We value your business and hope to get another opportunity to regain your trust.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here on our way back to Montreal. Right off the I95 this is the perfect rest stop. Indoor pool , workout room , clean decor. Also soundproof rooms that were very neat. Great breakfast with everything hot and cold. As well if you eat at Angela's Italian nearby (superb) you get a 10% discount when you mention this Inn.
Will stay there again on our return trip.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We know you have many choices and are honored to have you as a guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.
Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

On our way back from Florida we made arrangements to stop at this Holiday Inn and we were glad we did. Upon arriving on 2/28 at around 615 pm we were greeted by the very cheerful and welcoming Desk Clerk. Unfortunately we did not get her name. She was wonderful to deal with. We asked for a recommendation for a place to eat and she recommended a nearby Italian Restaurant (Angela's) which was fabulous. Our room was VERY clean and we absolutely enjoyed our stay. The breakfast bar was fantastic with one of the best selections I have seen in a long time. The coffee was EXCELLENT also.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the business and will pass these comments on to the desk staff....stop by and get coffee anytime....we look forward to seeing you again soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

Got a great deal using Priceline but the prices offered on the holiday inn website were also very reasonable. Nice place to stay as as a stop over to rest for the night. Clean, quiet hotel, great service, and free breakfast. Would stay again. They have an indoor pool too but we needed to hit the road in the AM so didn't have time to use it.

Stayed February 2015
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a comment. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We know you have many choices and are honored to have you as a guest. We hope to see you again soon and wish you a great 2015!
Holmes, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

We have stayed here during our drives South and North about five times. This is a smallish hotel very clean and beautiful rooms. The staff is so pleasant and accommodating and has been each time we stayed. There is a complimentary self service breakfast in the morning that suits everyone's diet and is handy if one wants to get back on the road. The Front Lobby and hallway and room décor are colorful and attractive and it has a lovely hot tub pool and exercise room a well as wifi. We plan to return there later this year.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, February 3, 2015
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. Your business and input is very valuable to us and we are honored to have it. We hope to see you again soon in your travels. Have a great 2015!!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

Stayed here two nights while in the area on business. This hotel is very convenient to I-95, but there are no noise issues. A few places to eat at this interchange, more places about a mile into town. The room was very clean with everything in good working order. The breakfast was typical HI Express, so no surprises. What may set this hotel apart from the competition is the top notch customer service. Everyone I encountered from housekeeping, to breakfast staff, to front desk, to the manager was very friendly and truly wanting to make my stay great!

I highly recommend this hotel for a night or two, or an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We greatly value your business and input. I will pass these comments on to the staff. We hope to see you again very soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Driving to Florida along I95, we pulled off late at night for some sleep before continuing the journey.

The rate was good, service pleasant and the bed comfortable for a good nights sleep.

In the morning we grabbed some free breakfast which was surprisingly good and hit the road to continue the drive. Gas stations are conveniently located between the hotel and the highway.

They do a nice job here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and posting a comment. We greatly appreciate your insight. We hope to see you again in the future and we hope you have a great 2015!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)? Share your experiences!