“Excellent, clean hotel...would highly recommend to others” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thornburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston
“Excellent, clean hotel...would highly recommend to others”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We made reservations to stay here before we left home. When trying to set our GPS, unfortunately the address wouldn't come up...maybe the hotel & road it's on is new?? We called & was given a different city than the website reservations had given us, which worked.When we arrived, we were greeted by Barbara, who had already upgraded our room (we're Platinum Priority Club members). There's a popcorn machine in the lobby which we enjoyed the freshly popped treat. Our room was nice..large with comfortable beds, flat screen TV, and a separate living room area with a couch. Everyone on staff that we encountered were friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and the Holiday Inn Family...we truly appreciate you being a "platinum" member. We know you have many choices and we are honored to have you as a guest and hope to see you soon. I will also pass on to Barbara the good mention of her. We love hearing those comments...Take Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was meeting a client in Thornburg, VA. I knew there was a Holiday Inn there, but did not know anyone at the hotel. I walked in and told the manager, Richard Bowles, what I needed. I was just wondering if he had a space I could hook up my laptop and see a client for a few minutes. He showed me to their very clean cafe. My few minutes with the client turned into about an hour. Mr. Bowles could not have been more accommodating. I sent an e-mail to the owner of the hotel on behalf of Mr. Bowles, and got a very nice note back from him. If the rooms and the rest of the hotel are anything like how they treated a complete stranger, than I would highly recommend this property. Bobby Kelland

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

NO BUGS, I read a review of this hotel from 1/12 and was concerned because of the reviewer's complaining about seeing bugs and poor service. BUT we're long time travelers and have stayed in 100's of Holiday Inns and NEVER had a problem. We always look for Holiday Inns or Best Western which we feel are clean , nice and excellent service, and we're NOT wrong for this holiday was excellent. Staff very friendly, service good and even had pop corn in lobby at night for snacks, what more could you ask?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate you not only staying here but your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brands. We added the popcorn machine in December and have gotten great feedback so that will be available every night for the guests :) Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We found this hotel when we decided to stop driving on our way home to Pa from Florida. It was a Sunday night when we checked in and the manager on duty was great! he upgraded us to a suite and it was a great treat after travling for so long. In the morning they offer a free breakfast and it was great, so much to choose from and the lady who worked there is really nice too.

Overall if you are looking for a hotel with clean rooms and a great staff this is your hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a comment...we value your business and well as your input. I will pass on your nice words to the staff that you encountered. We hope to see you again soon and have a great New Year!!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here on a recent road trip south. It's conveniently right off the highway. Easy off/easy back on. We only stayed one night, but the staff we met were friendly and buffett was what you'd expect. Would revisit if making a long trip down I95 again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for staying here at the Holiday Inn Express in Thornburg. We know you have many choices and we are honored to have you as a guest. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon. We know your time is valuable and appreciate you taking the time to put a comment here.
Bradford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

On our way back from Myrtle Beach to Pennsylvania we decided to take a break from the traffic and spend the night at the HIE. When booked a room through expedia as we were driving up to the hotel to save some money on the room. At check in there was nobody around the front desk and actually had to wait at least 5 minutes for someone to show up. And when they did finally show up, they did not seem very attentive - however they were not rude either. Our room was clean and spacious. There is a flat screen TV, refrigerator and small microwave. The hotel has a pool, a couple of exercise machines, and free breakfast which wasn't bad. In all, it was a good place to stay and would probably return if we were ever in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and stay with us, we know you have many choices and we appreciate your business. I apologize for the delay upon check in, I have instructed the desk to put a sign up indicating we are assisting another guest so you at least know we will return shortly. I hope your travels bring you back to the area and you stop and visit us again.
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were searching for a place to stop between North Carolina and PA to break up our trip and just randomly came across this Holiday Inn Express. We've come to expect a certain level of hospitality and comfort from the Holiday Inn Express franchise, and we were not disappointed. Patel, the desk clerk, was very friendly and accommodating to suit our needs. We were travelling with two bikes, and instead of putting them in our room, he took them into a locked area of the hotel. The elevator was broken that day, so he dropped our rate a bit and made the night very affordable. Holiday Inn Express has the same free breakfast, no matter which hotel you stay at, so you can expect it here as well. (We've never been a fan of the eggs/pancake machine, etc so we just had a bagel and some pastries.) The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. It was so great to have a high pressure shower as well after a week at the low-flow beach inn. Highly recommend stopping in for a stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118), responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! We know you have many options and we greatly appreciate your business. Also for taking the time to give us comments. We hope you have great travels and will come see us again soon when back in the Fredericksburg area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118)? Share your experiences!