“relaxing in only 40 minutes from DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grey Horse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in The Plains
The Grey Horse Inn
You added The Grey Horse Inn to your Saves list
4350 Fauquier Ave, The Plains, VA 20198   |
Ranked #1 of 1 The Plains B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“relaxing in only 40 minutes from DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

we spend time with another couple,and we really like this place,John the host was tell us whats around ,restaurant, winery, (free tasting pass)ecc.
the room were very clean, the bed was very confy ,for quite time you can enjoy the two living room with a glass of wine or sherry ,breakfast time was very satisfing
All of us decide definetly to come back for more
Massimo ,Eva

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I am a landscape photographer who loves to photograph out of the way places. The Greyhorse Inn is particularly interesting to me because of its close location to Shenandoah and Great Falls National Parks. I also enjoy photographing the many local wineries. I frequently visit this area and would never think of staying somewhere else. On occasion I bring my wife with me. Sometimes my trips are business and other times leisure. John and Ellen Hearty are wonderful hosts. They both take the time to talk to me about my photography and my family.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I had a business trip to The Plains in November and stayed in the Shenandoah room which has a lovely and comfortable four-poster bed. The inn is nicely decorated and very clean. John and Ellen are thoughtful and gracious hosts. Morning breakfast was wonderful - strong coffee, fresh canteloupe with yogurt, homemade scones and quiche. Yum!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

we've stayed at the grey horse 4 or 5 times over the last 2 yrs. each time has been great. we are not high maintenance people but certainly have reasonably high expectations. in terms of value for the area they can't be beat. so worth it. we really have no complaints.
having stayed in many b&b's over the years (some much pricier) the grey horse really stands out. clean, well-kept rooms. great breakfast (someone else posted about the scones. wow, deelish). welcoming vibe. perfect location for our needs. i hate cliche descriptions but this place is truly charming, as are the proprietors. knowledgeable, friendly, professional, attentive without being intrusive. good people and i'm glad to give them my business. they earn your loyalty. we've had to arrive in the wee hours of the morning and been accommodated without a problem - not even a grumble (try getting that anywhere these days). the grounds are lovely and if you have a room with a balcony overlooking the garden, it's very relaxing. some rooms don't have a tv, which is nice. the town is an easy walk with nice restaurants, so have that second glass of wine! don't forget to get a complimentary fresh-baked cookie (or 2) before bed.

Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed with friends at this cozy and quaint country Inn. John was a superb host and the breakfast was delicious. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Elkins, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Our trip to The Plains was delightful. We were pleased with our accomodations at The Grey Horse. The Hearty's went out of their way to assure our reservations at the wonderful restaurant, Girasole, were in place and they even made sure the hostess and staff provided great service. We plan to stay again at The Grey Horse Inn.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had to travel to The Plains, Virginia (forty miles west of Washington, DC) for two nights on business. The Grey Horse Inn was the perfect place to stay. It has all the plusses of a B&B (atmosphere, decor, peace and quiet, scenic views) plus all the amenities of a hotel, especially cable TV and wireless internet. It is conveniently located, only half a miles off Interstate I-66. I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Grey Horse Inn? Share your experiences!