“Nice and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Passing through while going to some race tracks and got a room at this hotel. Nice rooms, clean and beds were comfy. Had a good breakfast. I would recommend this hotel. Also close to a lot of places to eat and a Walmart.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on two consecutive business trips, and I have only good things to say about the property.

Both weeks, I stayed in a king suite room, which was a great size, very clean, and very comfortable. In addition to the king sized bed, there was a pull-out sofa and a side chair. The HVAC was easy to control and kept the room at an acceptable temperature, the TV had a large selection of channels, and the wireless internet was fast and easy to connect to.

The bathroom had sufficient toiletries, and the water pressure and temperature was adequate.

Hotel employees were very friendly, and the daily breakfast offered a good variety of options.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for one night on our way to Mathews, VA. The hotel was very clean and quite too. The buffet breakfast was great. You could choose from egg and cheese omletes, sausage, pancakes, cereals, yogart, etc. There is a small indoor pool and hot tub, which we did not get a chance to use. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Have stayed at this HI Exp numerous times for business. Very convenient to Applebee's and Walmart. Rooms always very clean and front desk staff very helpful. Breakfast is free and is typical Holiday Inn.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a typical HI Express, it is newer, and very predictable in a good, comfortable way. The cable provider was doing a huge overhaul of the TV services, so the channel guide in the room was not right at all. I called the front desk, because it looked to me like none of the channels were working. In fact, for example, channel 2 was now channel 88.11. The guy at the desk brought up to me a copy of the current correct channels, and he explained that the cable company was in the middle of doing a conversion. I appreciated the great service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night after dropping my son at by scout camp and were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and the hotel was well maintained and clean. The breakfast was fine - a typical free breakfast. My daughter said the bed was "heaven" which I thought was amusing coming from a 10 year old but we all did sleep well. I didn't notice any noise at all and the free wifi actually worked! Overall, a nice one night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
washington, dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stopped here for an overnight and left within 45 minutes. I was told there was only one room left. The suite, for $163. I was exhausted, so took it. I went upstairs got ready for bed, was about to put my head on the pillow when I heard the windows rattling. I mean pound pound pound rattling. I put my hand on the window and could feel the vibration. I had no idea was was going on, so I called the front desk and up came a very young woman who also said she felt the vibration. She then discovered that is was coming from the VERY loud music in many cars gathered in the adjacent WalMart parking lot. I asked to be moved and she said she just gave the last room to two other ladies. Uh, I thought I got the last room. So, I said I would have to leave and drive on. For anyone not familiar with the area, there is nothing w/in 30 miles, minimum. When I went down to check out, I asked for the manager, but was told he was on vacation for two weeks, so I was given his card. The young woman was apparently the only person on the property. She offered me a 10% discount. The woman was short with me and treated me like I was a derelict trying to get something for nothing. I said I expected a call from the GM when he returned. No call. I wrote a letter. No response. So here is my recourse. I did not feel safe at this property and do not recommend it. If you read my other reviews, you will see I write fair ones. This place is not for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear askcloee,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock? Share your experiences!