“Honest, Fresh Food and Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: Mexican
Tappahannock, Virginia
“Honest, Fresh Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Honest - Fresh - Great Service! The menu is extensive with options for all. I look forward to the day when the add fresh TORTILLA SOUP to the menu. If this ever happens It will be 5 stars! It would be great if they developed an outdoor patio and if they rotated their special menu - same item for the past two years. I eat there on an average of once a week!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montross, Virginia
“Mexican magnificence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I eat here once every week with friends. Our comment is always: "I have never had anything here that was not good."
I look forward to dining there every week. The wait staff is always attentive and, because we frequent this restaurant, they anticipate what we want.
My favorites are Chili Colorado, Chili Relleno, and Chili Con questo. The wine is cold, the jalapenos are hot and the food is hot and fresh.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tappahannock, Virginia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wonderful TexMex food at rock bottom prices. Service always exceptional, food delicious and waitstaff friendly and smiling.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Panama City, Florida, United States
“Great Mexican food...Great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I do not live in Tappahannock but when I visit and I do not feel like dressing up or a lengthy dinner experience, I always go to Los Portales. You can eat (and drink) like a king for the price of a pauper. The first few times I got the bill I kept going over it as I was certain our waiter had made a mistake. It is just so much food for such a reasonable price. I love carnitas and their carnitas tacos plate is the bomb. It is about a half a pound of meat for $12. I am a big guy and that is my dinner and lunch too. Great deal! Great place! Great service! Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Virginia
“Satisfies my TexMex Cravings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stop at Los Portalsx nearly every time we are in Tappahannock. I'm gluten intolerant and they always graciously change out the flour tortillas for corn. The servers are prompt and efficient. When we first moved to the area we were starved for TexMex but Los Portales has solved that problem for us.

• Visited March 2014