“Wonderful experience! Hosts go out of their way to help.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Mountain Outfitter

North Mountain Outfitter
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swoope
North Mountain Outfitter
Save Saved
You added North Mountain Outfitter to your Saves list
709 North Mountain Road, Swoope, VA 24479   |
washington, dc
“Wonderful experience! Hosts go out of their way to help.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Have to agree with earlier review .. I spent just 24 hours at North Mountain Outfitters and I felt like I'd been away for a week! Around the fire at night, yes, the bullfrogs, the Canada geese drifting on the lake, the horses off in the distance, the crackle of the fire, the whip-poor-wills calling, it was nirvana! And the sound of just nothing at all. Soooo peaceful, so relaxing. After our 4-hour ride through the marvelous forest with Mountain Laurel blooming everywhere, I realized I had lost my camera somewhere along the way. Dwight, our delightful and relaxed guide, rode back into the woods right after we returned and lo and behold, he found my camera. Be sure to have Dwight point out bear tracks when he sees them. An all-in-all fabulous experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Spent a second weekend here this year and loved it as much as the first. We had experienced equestrians and a City Slicker from D.C. (me) in our group and we all loved it. The riding was fabulous, the food was great (think grilled ribeye steaks and blueberry pancakes and bacon), the owners were gracious and helpful, and the scenery was beautiful. For me the best part was the absolute ability to disconnect from city life and reconnect with nature. At night, it was just us, the campfire, the fireflies, the bullfrogs, the horses heading out to pasture, and wind rustling through the trees. A really amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to North Mountain Outfitter? Share your experiences!