“Beautiful B&B in quaint Strasburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast
You added A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
384 South Holliday Street, Strasburg, VA 22657   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Johnson CIty, TN
“Beautiful B&B in quaint Strasburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you like antiques and pottery, you will love a visit to Strasburg and a stay at the A.C. Stickley B&B. We stayed at the inn after a visit to Washington DC, as it was on our way home. It's a beautiful Victorian inn with three guest suites. All are well appointed with beautiful furnishings, comfortable beds, and spa-like bathrooms. There are dvd players and flat-screen tv's in each room also. Strasburg has a huge antique emporium, and we spent some time there. The inn is full of Strasburg pottery, and Donna, the owner, told us a fascinating story about finding many buried pottery pieces in a house they rented when they first moved to Strasburg. She even showed us around her family's living quarters, which are beautiful. Wine and cheese are offered in the afternoon, and we enjoyed the front porch with a glass of wine while watching the sunset on a warm January day. There's self-service coffee, tea, and even ice cream downstairs. We highly recommmend the A.C. Stickley.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this beautiful home. Donna, the hostess, is gracious, friendly and accomodating. The house is beautifully decorated, but is still so comfortable. The bedroom suites are all amazing. The bathrooms are large and completely modern (including jetted tubs!), but still mesh well with the Victorian decor of the house. Our breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. These were gormet meals that still satisfied my picky eater husband! There are also wonderful afternoon h'orderves and wine. Coffee and other beverages are available at any time. There are large TVs in each room and in the parlour with great cable and wi-fi throughout the house. It is the best of old world charm with all the modern conveniences. There are some great little shops in the town and good restaurants. We were there in the middle of winter and still found lots to do to keep ourselves occupied. We would highly recommend this BnB. I am hoping we can visit again in the spring or summer. Thank you, Donna for a wonderful, memorable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this delightful B&B recently for two nights. Although I read several of the great reviews online before booking, the inn itself and the hostess (Donna) greatly surpassed my expectations.

The house, a beautifully restored Victorian-era home, is immaculate, and updated with 21st century comforts including flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi, and jacuzzi. We stayed in the largest room, which featured a very comfortable four-poster bed along with flat screen TVs and electric fireplaces in the bedroom and bath.

Late afternoon/early evening, we were treated to a variety of tasty hor d'oeuvres, all prepared by Donna, along with wine from local wineries. We also had a variety of complimentary snack choices (chips, cookies, ice cream bars, etc.) available around the clock, along with a nice assortment of domestic and imported bottled beers.

The house has a wonderful wrap around porch with a porch swing and rocking chairs, which was great for relaxing outdoors. Also, there is a walking trail not too far from the property, which leads to a river. My girlfriend and I took several walks on this trail, which was quite scenic--trees, fields, and mountains.

We opted out of breakfast the first morning because we were both exhausted and decided to sleep in late. But the morning we left, Donna prepared an incredible breakfast--a delicious trifle with grits, sausage, eggs, cheese--which was truly scrumptious!

We have stayed in several B&Bs, but this was truly the overall best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I took a gamble with our weekend getaway from DC and we couldn't have been happier with our choice - A.C. Stickley was a quaint B&B tucked away in the small town of Strasburg, which we knew nothing of when we booked! It was exactly what we needed - a healthy respite from the hustle and bustle, full of charm yet enough of the modern touches to make your stay incredibly comfortable. Donna was the perfect hostess - there when you need her but otherwise non-intrusive - her attention to detail (and cooking talents - her souffle is amazing!) is impeccable. Don't hesitate to stay here, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent two nights at the A.C. Stickley B&B, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The inn occupied a house built in 1892, and carefully restored to reflect an upper class residence from that era. The inn was thoughtfully decorated and very clean. It seemed neither a nook nor cranny was overlooked. The atmosphere was warm and inviting.

The innkeeper, Donna, was expectionally hospitable, pleasant, professional, and knowledgable of the northern Shenandoah Valley.

Our room was spacious and featured a large comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, and a huge bathroom with whirlpool. Also available to guests was a parlor area, dining room, and wraparound porch that offered beautiful views of Signal Knob and Massanutten Mountain.

Breakfasts were a high point. Donna's recipes were delicious, creative, hearty, and beautifully presented.

The inn was located about three blocks off King Street and downtown Strasburg. Noise from passing cars and the nearby Strasburg High School could be heard on the porch, but rarely could be heard inside.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend A.C. Stickley!

• Stayed September 2012
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed at lots of B&B's, but found this one to be one of the best ever. There were lots of really wonderful extra touches that made all the difference. We told Donna that it was our anniversary weekend and she provided us a bottle of champaign on our arrival. I need to drink a cup of coffee before I can even think about eating in the morning so I especially appreciated the coffee station that was available whenever I wanted coffee or tea.

The room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts were really wonderful too. In a 3 day weekend, we hiked about 20 miles so I really loved the hearty and tasty start to the day. We can't wait to go back for another stay. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We were in the least expensive room, which is often cramped and tiny, but had plenty of room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent the night here when I had to drive down to VA to rescue my dad.
He had fallen while taking a motorcycle journey. He stayed at the AC Stickley B&B the night before and they took great care of him. Donna made him and myself feel right at home. Her husband and the neighbors helped us get my dad's bike on the trailer.
She cooked us a wonderful breakfast.
I stayed in the Eberly room. It was very tastefully done and comfortable. I enjoyed the modern shower. If I had been there for a pleasure trip, I would have used the huge tub to soak.

While Donna made sure our needs were taken care of, she didn't hover. It gave the feel of being alone which was great.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Eberly room was spacious and very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
42itous, Owner at A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for the review Teresa. I hope your Dad is feeling better. I'm sorry his vacation plans didn't work out, and hope he can make the trip again soon.

S/ Donna H.

Been to A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!