“Fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast
You added A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
384 South Holliday Street, Strasburg, VA 22657   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this delightful B&B recently for two nights. Although I read several of the great reviews online before booking, the inn itself and the hostess (Donna) greatly surpassed my expectations.

The house, a beautifully restored Victorian-era home, is immaculate, and updated with 21st century comforts including flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi, and jacuzzi. We stayed in the largest room, which featured a very comfortable four-poster bed along with flat screen TVs and electric fireplaces in the bedroom and bath.

Late afternoon/early evening, we were treated to a variety of tasty hor d'oeuvres, all prepared by Donna, along with wine from local wineries. We also had a variety of complimentary snack choices (chips, cookies, ice cream bars, etc.) available around the clock, along with a nice assortment of domestic and imported bottled beers.

The house has a wonderful wrap around porch with a porch swing and rocking chairs, which was great for relaxing outdoors. Also, there is a walking trail not too far from the property, which leads to a river. My girlfriend and I took several walks on this trail, which was quite scenic--trees, fields, and mountains.

We opted out of breakfast the first morning because we were both exhausted and decided to sleep in late. But the morning we left, Donna prepared an incredible breakfast--a delicious trifle with grits, sausage, eggs, cheese--which was truly scrumptious!

We have stayed in several B&Bs, but this was truly the overall best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I took a gamble with our weekend getaway from DC and we couldn't have been happier with our choice - A.C. Stickley was a quaint B&B tucked away in the small town of Strasburg, which we knew nothing of when we booked! It was exactly what we needed - a healthy respite from the hustle and bustle, full of charm yet enough of the modern touches to make your stay incredibly comfortable. Donna was the perfect hostess - there when you need her but otherwise non-intrusive - her attention to detail (and cooking talents - her souffle is amazing!) is impeccable. Don't hesitate to stay here, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent two nights at the A.C. Stickley B&B, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The inn occupied a house built in 1892, and carefully restored to reflect an upper class residence from that era. The inn was thoughtfully decorated and very clean. It seemed neither a nook nor cranny was overlooked. The atmosphere was warm and inviting.

The innkeeper, Donna, was expectionally hospitable, pleasant, professional, and knowledgable of the northern Shenandoah Valley.

Our room was spacious and featured a large comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, and a huge bathroom with whirlpool. Also available to guests was a parlor area, dining room, and wraparound porch that offered beautiful views of Signal Knob and Massanutten Mountain.

Breakfasts were a high point. Donna's recipes were delicious, creative, hearty, and beautifully presented.

The inn was located about three blocks off King Street and downtown Strasburg. Noise from passing cars and the nearby Strasburg High School could be heard on the porch, but rarely could be heard inside.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend A.C. Stickley!

• Stayed September 2012
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed at lots of B&B's, but found this one to be one of the best ever. There were lots of really wonderful extra touches that made all the difference. We told Donna that it was our anniversary weekend and she provided us a bottle of champaign on our arrival. I need to drink a cup of coffee before I can even think about eating in the morning so I especially appreciated the coffee station that was available whenever I wanted coffee or tea.

The room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts were really wonderful too. In a 3 day weekend, we hiked about 20 miles so I really loved the hearty and tasty start to the day. We can't wait to go back for another stay. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We were in the least expensive room, which is often cramped and tiny, but had plenty of room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent the night here when I had to drive down to VA to rescue my dad.
He had fallen while taking a motorcycle journey. He stayed at the AC Stickley B&B the night before and they took great care of him. Donna made him and myself feel right at home. Her husband and the neighbors helped us get my dad's bike on the trailer.
She cooked us a wonderful breakfast.
I stayed in the Eberly room. It was very tastefully done and comfortable. I enjoyed the modern shower. If I had been there for a pleasure trip, I would have used the huge tub to soak.

While Donna made sure our needs were taken care of, she didn't hover. It gave the feel of being alone which was great.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Eberly room was spacious and very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
42itous, Owner at A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for the review Teresa. I hope your Dad is feeling better. I'm sorry his vacation plans didn't work out, and hope he can make the trip again soon.

S/ Donna H.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the A.C Stickley B & B. From the moment that we arrived, Donna graciously welcomed us to her home. Our room was perfect- large Victorian decorated w/ antiques...and with all of the updated amenities to enjoy- spa tub, flat screen TV, plush towels, robes, etc. Immaculately clean with no details over looked. Breakfast was unbelievable- elegant, delicious- great quality food with beautiful presentation. I had never taken a picture of a meal before this!
Donna simply has the gift of hospitality. She just loves to welcome guests and make them feel at home. There is plenty of privacy, yet every detail is quietly taken care of. We heartily recommend the A. C Stickley!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

AC Stickley B&B was a great experience for my wife and I. We only stayed one night but I wish it had been more. I also wish we were there when it was a little warmer to enjoy the great porch overlooking Massanutten Mountain and the Shenandoah River with the great complimentary snacks and drinks provided! To someone who loves food this is a major bonus! Donna is one of the greatest hosts I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. The rooms were immaculate and the food was great. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get away from the city and enjoy a quiet and relaxing time. Walk around town, visit Christina's restaurant, but enjoy the time and effort your hosts have put into AC Stickley B&B!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!