“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast
384 South Holliday Street, Strasburg, VA 22657   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Danbury, Connecticut
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent the night here when I had to drive down to VA to rescue my dad.
He had fallen while taking a motorcycle journey. He stayed at the AC Stickley B&B the night before and they took great care of him. Donna made him and myself feel right at home. Her husband and the neighbors helped us get my dad's bike on the trailer.
She cooked us a wonderful breakfast.
I stayed in the Eberly room. It was very tastefully done and comfortable. I enjoyed the modern shower. If I had been there for a pleasure trip, I would have used the huge tub to soak.

While Donna made sure our needs were taken care of, she didn't hover. It gave the feel of being alone which was great.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Eberly room was spacious and very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
42itous, Owner at A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for the review Teresa. I hope your Dad is feeling better. I'm sorry his vacation plans didn't work out, and hope he can make the trip again soon.

S/ Donna H.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the A.C Stickley B & B. From the moment that we arrived, Donna graciously welcomed us to her home. Our room was perfect- large Victorian decorated w/ antiques...and with all of the updated amenities to enjoy- spa tub, flat screen TV, plush towels, robes, etc. Immaculately clean with no details over looked. Breakfast was unbelievable- elegant, delicious- great quality food with beautiful presentation. I had never taken a picture of a meal before this!
Donna simply has the gift of hospitality. She just loves to welcome guests and make them feel at home. There is plenty of privacy, yet every detail is quietly taken care of. We heartily recommend the A. C Stickley!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

AC Stickley B&B was a great experience for my wife and I. We only stayed one night but I wish it had been more. I also wish we were there when it was a little warmer to enjoy the great porch overlooking Massanutten Mountain and the Shenandoah River with the great complimentary snacks and drinks provided! To someone who loves food this is a major bonus! Donna is one of the greatest hosts I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. The rooms were immaculate and the food was great. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get away from the city and enjoy a quiet and relaxing time. Walk around town, visit Christina's restaurant, but enjoy the time and effort your hosts have put into AC Stickley B&B!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The owner, Donna, was an excellent hostess. When we arrived she provided wine and nibbles on the verandah which was very welcome. As the only guests on the night we stayed she also upgraded us to her best room at no extra cost. The room was extremely comfortable and well provisioned - the steps to get onto the very high (and very comfortable) bed were much needed! Donna served a great breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband & I spent Easter weekend here. What a delight it was! Donna is a superb hostess & incredibly generous with delicious complementary snacks & WINE. The house is impecably decorated and maintained. Strasburg has lovely antique shops & a great restaurant(Christine's). Many nice vineyards are very close.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I returned to this wonderful B & B for our anniversary. We spent a cozy afternoon on the welcoming front porch sipping wine and sampling the cheeses and sweets Donna had prepared for us. The views of Signal Knob Ridge are wonderful. We chose to stay in her largest suite named for the Strasburg potter, J M Hickerson. The suite included a king sized bed and a huge bath that with a jacuzzi, dressing area and its own electric fireplace.
Breakfast is a feast including Mimosas, French toast, and fruit compote. The house is filled with wonderful antiques featuring the works of the Strasburg potters. Area attractions include wine tasting at local vineyards, antiquing, and a play at the Wayside Theatre. Come and enjoy!

Stayed April 2012
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Eberly room in March 2012. It was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was great. Donna was super hospitable. We strolled into town to go to antiques stores during the day and walked to Cristina's for dinner at night. We heard live music and had a great time. We loved the decoration of A.C. Stickley as well as the later afternoon snack and breakfast. Our stay in Strasburg was a delight.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A. C. Stickley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!