“Clean Hotel but Could Learn From Competing Hotels!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Strasburg
Moore, South Carolina
“Clean Hotel but Could Learn From Competing Hotels!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler, I normally stay 7 miles away in Winchester/Stephens City but thought I would stay here since it is closer to my business. Frankly I was extremely disappointed in this hotel.

No fridge or microwave and I think the slowest elevator on the planet. Ice machine was out of service on 2 floors.

Don't be a minute late for breakfast either, I was eating and at exactly 9 am I was told breakfast was closing and no more food, there were 10 others eating also.

I will go back to the competition, not worth staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay. Clean and, spacious rooms. Very clean bathrooms. Good breakfast, excellent and very helpful staff. Very convenient location and a lovely town with great restaurants. Nice views of the Shenandoah hills from the front rooms.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Maine, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were driving from Philadelphia to Roanoke and Strasburg seemed a good place to break the journey. The hotel is new, attractive, handy, clean and comfortable. It's your standard sort of mid-range chain hotel with all the expected amenities. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, staff helpful, and the complimentary breakfast decent and plentiful. Just what was needed for a 1-night stay. We'd stop again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a nice hotel stop for the weary freeway traveler. We like the Fairfield chain because they are often consistent in service and quality, while at the same time reasonably priced. This location was better than a no-frills hotel. It had a super-modern lobby, and up-to-date furnishings in the room and bathroom. There was a cobweb in the ceiling corner, but in fairness it wasn't easy to spot. We particularly enjoyed the double-sided fireplace in the lobby; the manager was kind enough to fire it up upon request, which was very nice, since we were trying to dry out from a heavy rain. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Spent a quiet time after dinner relaxing in front of the fire on the other side of the busy lobby, which had a comfortable couch and armchairs. Within walking distance there is a decent Italian restaurant for dinner, and a Chinese restaurant, but otherwise the location is rather isolated.

Olyphant
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

First time in a Fairfield inn, we usually stay at choice properties, mainly comfort suites, and sleep inns. This room was very small and had a very soft mattress even for me, I usually like a softer mattress. We had to have someone come up to try to fix our tv it would work and then we would have static for 10 minutes and this continued all nite, he could not fix it and told me to ask at check out for a reduced rate. Breakfast did not start until 7 in the morning which is late for many who want to get on the road early. I did ask and got something off the rate, the same as the coupon rate, which I felt was not enough but I was in a hurry to get on the road so I said fine. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a quick overnight stay here on the way back to New England. Check-in was quick and efficient. Room seemed a bit worn - not as up-to-date as other Fairfield Inn's that we've stayed in.

Unfortunately we had an extremely unpleasant experience that I provided details to the management in writing. And the issue would certainly affect other guests as well. Never received even the courtesy of a response in writing or a phone call.

We checked out on Saturday and the breakfast service begins an hour later. As we needed to get on the road we asked the night desk person if they could provide us some dry cereal and they were pretty put off by our request. In the end we got a banana and apple - felt they could have done more especially with Marriott frequent guest status.

Given the issues we had and the check-out service we would strongly suggest others consider other properties before staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
King George, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Staff was the main reason for the Four rating. They were excellent. The room was nice and it was clean. The location was right off I-81 (near I-66) with very easy access. This motel has only one elevator and it is one of the slowest I've ever used. The major problem was the breakfast. Excellent coffee with everything else subpar. The eggs were overcooked, dry with little flavor. The sausage was hard and partly dry, probably from overcooking. Orange juice was very weak almost watery.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg? Share your experiences!