“EXCELLENT PLACE AND LOCATION!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Bethlehem, Pa
“EXCELLENT PLACE AND LOCATION!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was a little nervous about booking this place because you always read mixed reviews about places and never know which places are really the good ones…
TRUST ME THIS ONE IS ONE OF THE BETTER PLACES TO STAY!!!
Plus I wasn’t just booking this for my husband and myself but also for good friends we were traveling with.

I cashed in some of my Marriott Rewards points and booked a room for the four of us to share.
Looking at the location it was perfect for us because it was not off our path heading to Gatlinburg Tennessee as our final destination.

Pulling into the lot we were very happy to see that the hotel was located right next to a little Italian Restaurant. The hotel parking was well lit and we were able to pull in a smaller area right in front of the hotel doors. Quite handy since we had a weeks worth of stuff to bring in for just the one night.

When we walked into the lobby the first thing we noticed was how very very clean and beautiful it was. It looks like it might have just been remodeled. I was already quite satisfied with my choice and happy that it kept getting better and better! Our friends actually commented on what a great choice I made!

The girl at the front desk was very helpful and polite. It was a little after 8pm when we got there to check in and there was a little line of about 2 or 3 other couples in line in front of us also checking in (late). The line went smoothly and fast. I did call them and tell them we would be a late check in.

We got our room keys and asked her about a place to eat. The desk clerk suggested the little Italian place located right across the lot which was good for us because we just walked there once we dropped our bags. The desk clerk also gave us a discount coupon for the restaurant. Another win/win..

As she was checking us in she told us that they had breakfast included and showed us where. Another good deal! One yes and another thing that I thought was nice, she asked us if we wanted a first floor room.

We took the elevator to our room and dropped our bags. The room was very large and the 4 of us had plenty of room to spread out. The room was very very clean! That included all the furnishings and the bathroom too. The bathroom was equipped with shampoo, conditioner and soap So we did not have to unpack all of our luggage.. We all just pulled out our toothbrush and paste! The room had a flat screen TV, iron board in the closet and a hairdryer too.

We went to the Italian place for dinner which was actually pretty good. I think they might close early, but I lost track of the time after having a few beers with our meal so I am not sure what time we got there or left. I do know we were the last ones in there and they seemed like they wanted us to leave. Once we walked out they did lock the door and turn off the lights… OH WELL, but they were nice about it. We each had one of their daily specials and the special they had on beer to. I think it was an Italian beer.. Pretty good, on the light side.

We headed back to our rooms and showered and all four of us had a great nights sleep in very comfortable beds. In the morning we went down to have breakfast and we were happily surprised at the selection. They had bagels, toast, cereal, homemade waffles, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and pastries also.. Along with quite a selection of drinks like. Everything was very good. The room was so clean you would not have known anyone even ate in the room. They had two people there keeping things cleaned and restocked.

Check out was quick and easy. We ended up with the same girl who checked us in the night prior. I complemented her on how friendly she was and how nice and clean the hotel was.

There is a nice lobby you can hang out in by a fire place, bathrooms, and a pool all in the same area just off the lobby.

I would highly recommend this place as a great place to lay your head!

Room Tip: The first floor might be a little noisy since its right off the highway and a parking lot for the ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff was friendly and upbeat which is always a big plus, I truly detest a grumpy person as the desk, when I am tired from traveling or a hard day. The room was clean and in good repair, although the door 'bar' was missing a rivet (I mentioned it on checkout and am confident it will be repaired). Since I started posting on TripAdvisor, I pay more attention to the status of the rooms and the hotels I stay in, I'd have to look harder to find a real downside here.

The continental breakfast was a bit lacking for me, I really do like to have scrambled eggs with mine but, it was well appointed and looked after otherwise.

There is no option to have the fan run when the A/C or heat cut off and that is a bit annoying, so once I had the room warm, I set it to fan only and was comfortable for the night.

I know firm beds last longer but, I'd be a happier customer with something a bit softer. When I travel in room is usually just a place to do some last minute work so good Internet access is a must and then a place to sleep, so the quality of the bed is very important too me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Modern Style Decor with spacious rooms, comfortable bedding. Breathtaking Views, wonderful continental breakfast variety...Would recommend, we will return...located in great area not far from all of the local attractions and the front royal entrance to the skyline drive. The Italian restaurant right next door to the hotel is amazing, nice couples scenery for a great cozy meal...Very friendly people in the area all around :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cookeville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on our way to Maryland. Was a nice hotel on Rt 81 and was only 2 miles from Rt 66 to Washington DC. Check in was good and there is a small italian restaurant right across from the hotel. We walked over and the food was great. Watch though, as the portions were big - we ordered a medium pizza and is was HUGE but delicious. They said their specialty was the pasta - looked great but we were hungry for pizza. Night was quiet and the free breakfast was good. Check out was quick. Would stay there again if needed an overnight stay. If you prefer fast food, a McDonalds across the street attached to a gas station. Usually get top room, but got 3rd floor and was still quiet. Room layout in the hallways of the Fairfield Inns are funky but all-in-all a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night, on a road trip South. Very convenient to I-81, yet no highway noise. Front desk staff very courteous and efficient.

Property immaculate, with high end Lifecycle treadmills, etc. in exercise room, and small, but adequate pool and whirlpool.

Room Tip: sorry we didn't opt for the top floor (4th), as there was a lot of noise from room above
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was a very nice Fairfield that appeared to be recently renovated with everything fresh, clean, bright and modern. Conveniently located near both I81 and 66, on scenic Hwy 11, just about a mile north of downtown Strasburg, this hotel is easy to find. Our king room was spotless and cheerful with a flat screen tv and AC that worked well. The bed was pretty firm - if you're used to a Tempur-pedic it will seem extra firm. There is a small workout room, indoor pool and hot tub that were kid magnets. We stayed on a Saturday night which is prime time for the kids traveling to their various sporting events. So there were lots of kids around, but there was no unnecessary noise in the hotel other than occasional loud footsteps in the room above. For some reason, our room did not have a mini-fridge or microwave. Our friends in a similar king room (which was no larger than ours) DID have these amenities so I'm not sure if this is special to just some rooms or ours was unusual. A previous reviewer mentioned that none of the king rooms had the fridge/microwave - but at least one does. And they are not so tiny that it couldn't be accommodated in every room just by moving the desk/dresser furniture over a bit. Also, our phone was disconnected from the wall outlet and placed on the desk. Both ends of the cord were plugged into the phone itself and I didn't try to figure out how to fix it. These little oddities are what influenced a less than 5* rating. Normally there is more consistency among the rooms in the Fairfield brand. We did appreciate the easy to use alarm clock. The staff was extra friendly and helpful and gave us a better rate than we had booked plus a 10% off coupon for some local restaurants. The hotel was full the night before so early check in was not available, nor were we offered an upgrade as Marriott Silver elites. By the time we were able to check in there was a continuous line and it took a bit longer than it needed to with only one person on duty at the desk at this predictably busy time. The breakfast was decent with waffles, coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, bagels, toast, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, etc. but no hot items - and the poor girl who was handling it all by herself was a bit overwhelmed. Though the hotel was busy it looked like everyone could get a seat at breakfast without a wait in the cheerful breakfast area. Overall a nice, comfortable hotel with friendly staff that has a bit of room to improve.

Room Tip: King rooms are the smallest, and apparently most of them do not have the requisite mini-fridge/micro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here one night on the way to Antietam Battlefield. Adam, at the front desk, was incredibly welcoming. He suggested some local restaurants. We ended up at Christine's Cafe and had fun listening to their Open Mic night. The room was very, very clean. TV had HBO so we got to see Boardwalk Empire, thanks to the Fairfield Inn. Breakfast was great! Out of 3 hotel on our trip, this was my favorite.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor -- never heard the traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg? Share your experiences!