“Good stop while traveling” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Rhode Island
“Good stop while traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Good hotel. Room was clean and quite. The front desk staff was very good and friendly.
She referred us to a wonderful restaurant called Little Italy. Family owned and operated it was a welcome relief from the Burger King and Denny's up the road. Food was great!

Room Tip: This is right off the highway and many people stop there back and forth to Florida. Make reservation...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Stony Creek, VA. We love when Guests enjoy their stay and the local Restaurant (Little Italy). We do hope you choose us again when back in the area.

Chris Berry, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Massapequa, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel would have been a nice hotel if we didn't have a situation that completely ruined it for us. Hotel was nice for a quick stay over on the drive home. We got to our room, was about midnight. Room size was large, however, there was a smell in the room. When I opened the bathroom door I found that their was a huge pee stain that was never cleaned up. The odor was just simply awful! I called the desk and told her I needed someone to come up and clean it immediately. Turns out at that time of night there is no one there to help with issues that come up. Desk was alone and could not rectify the situation. Said she would call us back but never did. I did asked to be moved to another room - they were booked up so we had so suffer all night long with this awful disgusting smell. Send a complaint to headquarter when we returned home via email. The manager did call me to apologize which I did appreciate it that they did the right thing but did not compensate me in any way. I would stay here again but not under the same circumstances. Was disappointed and couldn't wait to leave!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry the cleanliness in the bathroom during your recent trip to our hotel. We try our best to provide a positive experience for each and every guest, and I am disappointed that we did not meet our goal. I would love the opportunity to serve you with accomodations again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may try to make things right during your next stay.

Thank you for staying with us, and once more, I am very sorry. I hope to hear from you soon.

(434)-246-5100
Fernandina Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Clean rooms, prices are mid range small indoor pool, gym . Easy access from 95' noise level low.Hotel seems pretty new and well kept. Nice continental breakfast included. There is a Denny's and Burger King within short walking distance . Not far south of Richmond

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts about your recent stay here at the Sleep Inn & Suites Stony Creek. I greatly appreciate your kind comments. I am delighted that my staff and I were able to provide your with a positive experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the staff. Thank you again for staying with us, and we really hope to see you soon.

1(434)246-5100
Pooler, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

It is a good place to stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, with enough linens. The room was in the process of being remodeled, but I checked in late and there were not many choices available. Also I used a coupon, which gave me almost half off. The breakfast was okay, not anything to write home about. The only downfall, I noticed was housekeeping starts knocking on doors, early.

Room Tip: Use a coupon. You can pick up a coupon book from the rest areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your thoughts about your recent trip to Stony Creek VA, . I am truly delighted that you found your stay to be pleasant and enjoyable. Our goal is to provide each guest a positive and lasting experience, and I am happy that we met this goal with you and your family. Please come back and see us again. We hope to see you soon!
Thanks again. We really do appreciate you choosing Sleep Inn & Suites Stony Creek for your lodging needs.

Lakefield, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Sleep inn has always been a great chain. This Particular hotel was over priced. Get a coupon and save $20 the it is still overpriced. Room was average, clean was average, decor was average. Always x out the safe deposit fee so you don't get the safe charge $1.50 . The cleaning staff must of been quite giddy upon our arrival as they were cleaning the room across the hall 20 min of laughing and giggling was unacceptable. Could have been an off day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_VA338, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our deepest aplogies that we did not meet your overall expectations at our property. As we value all of our guest and hope all have a pleasant and enjoyable stay here at the Sleep Inn& Suites. The safe fee can now be removed at the time of check in. We do hope in the near future that you would return as a guest here and we have the opportunity to give you outstanding service!

1-434-246-5100
Granville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

It was a good place to sleep, but it has been remodeled and the rooms are dark due to the decor. More importantly, I am upset about the way they do business. When checking in, this hotel tacks on a $1.50 fee for the use of the safe in your room that you may or may not use. They don't tell you that they are doing this, and you won't know unless you look over your bill at that time. If you discover this fee, and tell them about it, they refuse to remove it until check out time. During the night, your receipt is slipped under the door to your room. There is no need to check out because you already have your receipt. Many people just take their receipt and leave without being aware of the " safe " charge. If you are aware of it, you have to go to the desk and request them to remove it. They will then remove it and adjust your bill. If you don't tell them to remove it, they won't. My personal feeling is, this is a dishonest way of doing business, and I won't do business with people who operate that way.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Our safe fee is included with the your room rate and can only be reversed at check out. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please feel free to call the property at anytime because I would like to take care of this matter.

Operation Manager
434-246-5100
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this lovely property. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean, quiet and furnishings were up to date ... not like a lot of the properties along I95 that look like they were decorated with odds and ends from grandma's house. We used a coupon and were given a great rate.

However ... beware of the $1.50 Safe w/ltd Warranty charge they tack on to your bill. We only discovered this after checkout. We were never told that there would be a charge for a safe that we never used and would never have known existed if we hadn't hung our coats up in the closet where the safe was located. It's only $1.50, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but I would really like to see this charge refunded and will take this up with Choice Hotels. It just seems to me that it's kind of sneaky. They should just add it to the cost of the room and we would be none the wiser.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites Stony Creek VA.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please feel free to call the hotel and I will reverse your charge to the safe fee. We hope to see you again soon!

Operation Manager
434-246-5100

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!