“OK NOTHING GREAT” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“OK NOTHING GREAT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was average nothing great ,the service was fine nothing great . The bread they brought was really good really happy with that but it's just okay nothing great

Visited August 2013

Fairfax, Virginia
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I met a friend for a 9:00 a.m. breakfast, so they weren't busy. The selection of breakfast items was amazing from a full breakfast to muffins. The atmosphere was upscale from a Bob Evans, IHOP type yet not fancy. The prices were a bit higher by maybe a dollar or two than either of those places but then so was the atmosphere. Another thing that I liked was that they published the calories of each item, which really just helped me with my selection but didn't keep me from getting what I wanted, a Belgian waffle. My friend chose a Be Fit type of breakfast, both with coffee. Our bill including tax and tip was $13.00 each.

The service was good and we weren't rushed.

If you want a place that's just a little nicer, go to Mimi's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Riding, Virginia, United States
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

One Sunday afternoon, I suddenly felt I just had to go shopping, and if I went shopping, that meant I wouldn't be home to fix dinner. When faced with this dilemma, my husband sensibly agreed to go with me and hang out at Dulles Town Center while I shopped, then go for a late lunch/early dinner (or something) around 3:00/3:30. On a whim, I convinced him to go somewhere we'd never been--Mimi's Cafe. At that time of day, there weren't many other customers, of course, but even so,we had wonderfully quick and attentive service. I had the chicken crepes, and my husband had the bœuf bourguignon (with marvelous mashed potatoes), but we each sampled heavily from each other's food. Both were quite good, the servings were plentiful and hot, attractively presented, and the martinis were icy cold and made just as ordered. All in all, it was a very positive experience, and we would certainly go again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massillon, Ohio
“Good People, Good Food, Great Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Service was exceptional! Very customer service oriented. Good food at a good price. Very tasty. My first time I received two complimentary muffins as I departed. I returned the next day and received the same great service!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC
“Delicious food and awesome muffins!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I frequent Mimi's Cafe at the Dulles Town Center. They have recently changed their menu and this was our first visit since their update. We loved the restaurant before and now it's even better! They have a "pick 3" option where you pick your meat, your sides, and your sauce. You can pick from an assortment of meat including beef, chicken, pork, and at least 3 different kinds of fish (salmon, sole, and mahi mahi). Then you pick 2 sides ranging from rice, a few different potato options, and lots and lots of veggie options, and then your sauce as appropriate for your meat. Then you have an option of adding a shrimp skewer or crab cake for $2.00. I got the mahi mahi with a lemon caper sauce, string beans and broccoli, with a shrimp skewer, and it was absolutely delicious! My husband got the sole with mashed potatoes and creamed corn and equally liked it. Then I always top off my meal with a buttermilk spice muffin! Best EVER! I love this new updated menu and am looking forward to my next visit. FYI - there are still lots of old favorites from the previous menu. This one just has an updated look with some new options! Service for us has always been friendly and very prompt!

• Visited June 2013