“Delicious food and awesome muffins!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Washington DC
“Delicious food and awesome muffins!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I frequent Mimi's Cafe at the Dulles Town Center. They have recently changed their menu and this was our first visit since their update. We loved the restaurant before and now it's even better! They have a "pick 3" option where you pick your meat, your sides, and your sauce. You can pick from an assortment of meat including beef, chicken, pork, and at least 3 different kinds of fish (salmon, sole, and mahi mahi). Then you pick 2 sides ranging from rice, a few different potato options, and lots and lots of veggie options, and then your sauce as appropriate for your meat. Then you have an option of adding a shrimp skewer or crab cake for $2.00. I got the mahi mahi with a lemon caper sauce, string beans and broccoli, with a shrimp skewer, and it was absolutely delicious! My husband got the sole with mashed potatoes and creamed corn and equally liked it. Then I always top off my meal with a buttermilk spice muffin! Best EVER! I love this new updated menu and am looking forward to my next visit. FYI - there are still lots of old favorites from the previous menu. This one just has an updated look with some new options! Service for us has always been friendly and very prompt!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Middletown, DE
“Management Needs Replaced-Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't have time to write up all the bad things we experienced today at Mimi's in Dulles Town Center. So the short review is; food was very average to terrible- burnt and dry Brioche French Toast and we waited 45 minutes for our food while other guests that arrived well after us got their food well before us. Their excuse was that the kitchen was backed up - [--] as others were getting served. On top of everything there was no apology even when we settled the check. They apparently expect this is the way to run a restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Must try the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My son and I were in Sterling this past weekend and I was looking for a place to eat breakfast on Sunday, before we left for South Carolina. Read the reviews of Mimi's and decided to give it a try. Very glad we did! We were seated quickly. (loved the interior but it was far from Southern, unless you were talking about the South of France). I ordered the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast. All I can say was amazing!!! Loved every bite. My son ordered the Pancakes Breakfast. It was also cooked very nicely.

When we are back in the area we will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“The atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The appetizer bread is served warm and full of fragrance. The atmosphere has a New Orleans setting. Jazz, guitar, bass player and other statueslocated throughout restaurant along with other

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worst. Service. Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I arrived for brunch on a recent Sunday. There was a wait, and we stood in line with everyone else to give them our party's name at the hostess stand. When it was our turn, my husband stepped up to the hostess stand, and the girl standing behind it looked him in the eyes and knew he was next. Before he could say anything, the woman standing behind our party charged up front, stood to the side of the hostess, and proceeded to give her name before we could. The hostess, instead of asking her to wait, took her name, and then told us we'd have to put our name AFTER hers on the list. Are you freakin' kidding me??? These are the types of fools hired by this place? My husband and I were pretty offended, and we took our children and left, and we will not be returning. It is one thing if a mistake was made, but the hostess clearly acknowledged my husband standing in front of her, but then proceeded to take another party's name, and then when we asked about it, three hostesses just looked at us and gave us the attitude to either take it or leave it. So we left it, and will not be returning. Food was never anything to write home about, and service was inconsistent. However, we would try to go at least once a month, if not more. Now, never again. We never expected Michelin-level service from this place, but to be ignored and then openly dismissed, when we did the right thing by standing in line, is ridiculous. We will be taking our appetites and business elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere