“Must try the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Columbia, South Carolina
“Must try the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My son and I were in Sterling this past weekend and I was looking for a place to eat breakfast on Sunday, before we left for South Carolina. Read the reviews of Mimi's and decided to give it a try. Very glad we did! We were seated quickly. (loved the interior but it was far from Southern, unless you were talking about the South of France). I ordered the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast. All I can say was amazing!!! Loved every bite. My son ordered the Pancakes Breakfast. It was also cooked very nicely.

When we are back in the area we will return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“The atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The appetizer bread is served warm and full of fragrance. The atmosphere has a New Orleans setting. Jazz, guitar, bass player and other statueslocated throughout restaurant along with other

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worst. Service. Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I arrived for brunch on a recent Sunday. There was a wait, and we stood in line with everyone else to give them our party's name at the hostess stand. When it was our turn, my husband stepped up to the hostess stand, and the girl standing behind it looked him in the eyes and knew he was next. Before he could say anything, the woman standing behind our party charged up front, stood to the side of the hostess, and proceeded to give her name before we could. The hostess, instead of asking her to wait, took her name, and then told us we'd have to put our name AFTER hers on the list. Are you freakin' kidding me??? These are the types of fools hired by this place? My husband and I were pretty offended, and we took our children and left, and we will not be returning. It is one thing if a mistake was made, but the hostess clearly acknowledged my husband standing in front of her, but then proceeded to take another party's name, and then when we asked about it, three hostesses just looked at us and gave us the attitude to either take it or leave it. So we left it, and will not be returning. Food was never anything to write home about, and service was inconsistent. However, we would try to go at least once a month, if not more. Now, never again. We never expected Michelin-level service from this place, but to be ignored and then openly dismissed, when we did the right thing by standing in line, is ridiculous. We will be taking our appetites and business elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best of the bunch of restos on this side of town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Easy on the eyes southern interior. Fast gracious service. Enjoyable food from a simplified menu. I see regulars that come here for breakfast, lunch or dinner break.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A wonderful respite for lunch while shopping!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were at Dulles Town Center in Sterling, Virginia, and after a little shopping decided to have lunch (not a food court kind of day). We had never been to Mimis but liked the look and decided to try it. It was excellent, First of all, it's very attractive inside and out; there were lots of choices for every taste; and best of all, every choice had the calorie count next to it. If you are watching your weight or even just for interest sake, it was a terrific addition. We have already looked to see where other locations are and will certainly go there again, I had the salmon spinach salad and loved it.

• Visited May 2013