“great until it wasn't” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“great until it wasn't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

When I felt Hampton Inn -Dulles, I was prepared to write an excellent review.
We had taken a package that allowed us to leave the car there while we traveled and then spend one night at the hotel upon return.

The deal was a good one. The room was fine, the breakfast adequate, the location good.
For those of use who can't sleep, having a comfortable, air conditioned central (lobby) space where you can read in the middle of the night and not wake you wife promotes marital harmony.

Then we checked out and a few days later I reviewed my Visa statements and found I had been charged an extra $30 - in my mind inexplicably.

Since then, I've called their billing office - which seems to be central for not just this hotel - left messages and have not been called back.

I've called the hotel manager but not spoken to him either.

It appears that there is no procedures to resolve problems. I still have no idea what this charge is for. Since, I cannot seem to talk to anyone at the hotel, I will dispute it through the credit card company as it is not included in the reservation I made.

Too much time and hassle for a night at a hotel.

Room Tip: review your bill thoroughly before leaving
Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Tom,

First I want to thank you for choosing us as your destination hotel during your time in Sterling. Im happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay! It is difficult for me to understand what the additonal $30.00 charge on your bill is without further information. Would you please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can resolve this for you. 703-537-7800.

Warm Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Let's get the obvious out of the way. This is not a super-lux hotel as a destination for your honeymoon, though I am sure many have stayed in places not nearly as well managed and maintained. While the hotel is not in the center of town as one guest noted earlier, the hotel is super convenient to a well-equipped shopping area (100 meters away) with multiple restaurants, an Eastern Mountain Sports, and a Target across the street. The rooms are well done, and exceptionally clean. The breakfast is at the higher end of what you would expect from a buffet included with a stay, with a broad selection suitable for a large family with varying tastes. While I think the mattresses were soft for my liking, I cannot help but give fives stars to this team as they were outstanding. They provided a shuttle to get to and from the airport and the metro station (not sure why anyone would complain here), and they even made an effort to call each of us by name. It is tough to quantify the personality of a staff, but as a frequent traveler this is the kind of staff you want serving you, your family and/or your clients. When I have business in the area I will be staying again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This Hampton is nice; has a free breakfast, free internet, free shuttle. It is fairly new and clean. The beds are very comfortable. The free internet is not real strong and there were not enough electrical outlets for my gadgets. The bathroom includes a lot of toiletries like lotion, bath gel and mouthwash which are not always found at other hotels in this tier.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beaufort, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a really nice Hampton Inn. Everything about it is fine and somewhat above your typical HA. The only problem I have with it is the Wi-Fi. I will probably lose my connection before I finish this review, so I will keep it short. They really need to improve

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have recently gone through some renovations throughout the entire property to ensure we keep that fresh feeling guests have come to expect of a Hampton. I'm glad you noticed the hard work and dedication our staff provides. I am truly sorry you had problems with your internet connection. The front desk does have access to enable you to higher speeds by using a promo code. I look forward to seeing you next time your in the sterling area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here with my family who came to visit. The staff was very friendly and the building looked very new. Must have gone through renovations recently. They also have very delicious cookies in the afternoon that i could not say no to. Definitely a hotel to stay in again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nashua, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotels room have been updated with flat screen tvs, new bathrooms, and nice furnishings. The complimentary breakfast is good. The internet access is spotty - which can be annoying. There is no restaurant on the premises, so prepare to order out or venture out for food (if you are taking a cab, about $15 each way). The staff id friendly, but double check with them when requesting a shuttle (my shuttle reservation was lost).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Kimberly,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed many of our amenities here during your stay. Unfortunately, the brand does not allow us to have a restaurant on property. However, we do offer shuttle service to and from dulles town center where many of our guest's choose to have dinner. I am very sorry to hear there was confusion with my staff about your shuttle service back to the airport. I will certainly address this with the team. The next time your in Sterling I hope you consider us and get to use all the amenities we have to offer.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

First, let me say that, as a hotel, this is a very well run, comfortable establishment. Bed is very comfortable, shower hot (mild water pressure though), towels fresh and full, room and hallways clean, staff super friendly and helpful. Hotel breakfast is what a hotel breakfast should be - something for everyone with lots of fresh options (I give this very high marks).

So why three stars? This: I stayed here because some corporate training was nearby (ECTC). VERY convenient. But if you're not here for that, or to catch a flight to the airport, or for business near Dulles, you are out of the way. There is little in walking distance and what you can reach by car is ho hum. So if you are staying here as a tourist, I would not. Stay in the city or near a metro.

Bottom line - a GREAT hotel for corporate travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our surplus of amenities during your stay. I will certainly pass these kinds remarks on to my staff! For future reference if you are traveling for lesiure to the Sterling area,we do provide a complimentary shuttle to local attractions. For example the Air and Space Museum and to Dulles Airport that offers a convenient cost effective bus to Washington D.C just a short ride away. Hope to see you on your next visit!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!