You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
GreenLeadersGold level
Nashua, United States
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotels room have been updated with flat screen tvs, new bathrooms, and nice furnishings. The complimentary breakfast is good. The internet access is spotty - which can be annoying. There is no restaurant on the premises, so prepare to order out or venture out for food (if you are taking a cab, about $15 each way). The staff id friendly, but double check with them when requesting a shuttle (my shuttle reservation was lost).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Kimberly,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed many of our amenities here during your stay. Unfortunately, the brand does not allow us to have a restaurant on property. However, we do offer shuttle service to and from dulles town center where many of our guest's choose to have dinner. I am very sorry to hear there was confusion with my staff about your shuttle service back to the airport. I will certainly address this with the team. The next time your in Sterling I hope you consider us and get to use all the amenities we have to offer.

Steve Windsor
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

First, let me say that, as a hotel, this is a very well run, comfortable establishment. Bed is very comfortable, shower hot (mild water pressure though), towels fresh and full, room and hallways clean, staff super friendly and helpful. Hotel breakfast is what a hotel breakfast should be - something for everyone with lots of fresh options (I give this very high marks).

So why three stars? This: I stayed here because some corporate training was nearby (ECTC). VERY convenient. But if you're not here for that, or to catch a flight to the airport, or for business near Dulles, you are out of the way. There is little in walking distance and what you can reach by car is ho hum. So if you are staying here as a tourist, I would not. Stay in the city or near a metro.

Bottom line - a GREAT hotel for corporate travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our surplus of amenities during your stay. I will certainly pass these kinds remarks on to my staff! For future reference if you are traveling for lesiure to the Sterling area,we do provide a complimentary shuttle to local attractions. For example the Air and Space Museum and to Dulles Airport that offers a convenient cost effective bus to Washington D.C just a short ride away. Hope to see you on your next visit!

Steve Windsor
Assistant General Manager
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Booked this hotel for two nights due to location near airport.

Called hotel for transport, just a ten minute drive to hotel. Allocated room 136 The room is large with a seating area with a settee, a small kitchen with fridge and microwave. No room safes and the hotel does not have a restaurant, just an area for breakfasts. There is an Irish Pub/Restaurant within walking distance but nothing to write home about. Breakfast consisted of orange juice, a croissant – very strange taste, definitely not like French ones – then turkey sausages, Spanish omelette and a bagel top with melted cheese. It was OK.

Wanted to visit the Smithsonian Museum near airport and they took me there and collected me on their airport run.

$178 for two nights, not bad for an airport hotel. I would consider this again unless I could find somewhere with a restaurant on site or nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lexington, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We came to the area to visit family and we're so happy with our stay we plan to only use this Hampton Inn on future trips. Breakfast every morning was great-hot and cold choices and 24 hour coffee/tea was wonderful. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The room was awesome-very comfortable. Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Liverpool, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We received the stay 14 deal. We stayed the night before our trip and then were allowed to keep our car there for 14 days with not extra charge. The rooms were clean and updated. The desk staff Jonathan was very friendly and helpful setting up our time for wake up and pick up. The breakfast had many choices and was very good. This place is close to the airport really takes the stress off for departure for a trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel so I could catch the shuttle to the airport. Check in was fast and they asked what time I needed the shuttle in the morning so they could sign me up for it. The room was clean and looked very nice. My only issue with the room was the thermostat was locked at 68 degrees which is a little too hot for me to sleep. I was surprised that I couldn't lower the temp anymore especially given that it was August. When I got downstairs at 4:15am to catch my shuttle to the airport, I had to look for the desk clerk so I could get my bill. When I asked her where I wait for the shuttle at, she asked if I signed up. I said yes, and she then had to call the shuttle driver back to come get me and another person. The driver seemed to not know he was supposed to pick us up. Which seemed strange since when I checked in I signed up and told them what time I was leaving. I am surprised that a hotel right next to the airport seemed to be so disorganized about the airport shuttle. The hotel was fine and I'd stay here again if I needed to, just double check about the shuttle, and maybe give yourself a little extra time just in case.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
BSands12 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sorry to hear about the mishap with the shuttle and your thermostat. Our team does have the ability to make further adjustments on the setting, just let us know should you stay with us again. Thank you for your patronage.

Kristen Robertson
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hotel was in a very quiet area! grounds were kept great. The Breakfast was very plentiful and clean. My family and I felt very safe and at home. If you are traveling through the area this hotel is great. Very good rates.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!