“Mostly Terrific!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh
“Mostly Terrific!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in early August to celebrate his uncle's surprise 90th birthday party. We were pleasantly surprised by how new everything was; the carpet appeared to be recently laid, and the rooms, public areas, and hallways were fresh and sparkling.

We learned that the hotel is only about six years old. It is convenient to Dulles International Airport, Ashburn, and other northern VA towns,and shopping and restaurants at Dulles Town Center. It is also very close to many antique shops, wineries, and Tyson's Corner Mall. The location is excellent.

Because we stayed on a weekend, we had very reasonable rates. We had the choice of a king room with extra large whirlpool tub or a king suite with sofa bed and kitchenette (extra sink, microwave, and mini-fridge) for just $80 (AAA rate). We took the latter and were delighted with the spaciousness and quiet of the room and hallways. The pillowtop mattress was extremely comfortable!

Our only complaint was that while the pool (indoor) was usable, it was definitely not warm enough to be comfortable. I eventually got in, but my husband wasn't able to handle the chilly temperature. He headed to the hot tub only to learn that while the water was hot, the jets weren't working. We inquired and were told that they were awaiting a part. This was very frustrating, particularly given the temperature of the pool.

Otherwise we had a lovely stay. The breakfast offerings were better than most Hamptons (three hot choices instead of two) and the breakfast seating area was huge. And while we didn't use then, there is a great fitness room and good business center.

We'll certainly give this Hampton a second chance since we have family in the area, but we'll hope to find a warmer swimming pool and working hot tub.

Room Tip: Laundry facilities are on the second and fourth floors, but the fifth floor was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a late flight into Dulles and wanted to stay close to the airport after picking up my rental car. It was just a matter of minutes from the airport to this Hampton Inn and Suites. I was greeted by a very friendly person at check in (at midnight, no less). My room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. In fact, I wish I could have stayed here longer! My bed was extremely comfortable and I slept very well.
Breakfast was pretty typical for a Hampton Inn, a great variety of hot and cold items to choose from.
I know the next time I'm flying into Dulles late and leaving from Dulles early, this is the place that I'll be staying!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The beds were very comfortable and a wonderful selection at breakfast. The staff was helpful and the hotel had a shuttle to the mall and restaurants each evening and we were also able to take a hotel shuttle to the space museum. There is a 24-hour shuttle to the airport as well. We were very satisfied with the value at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent 3 nights here while visiting the Washington DC area. The hotel is very nice and the rooms were spacious. The beds and pillows were very, very comfortable. All of the staff was very friendly and pleasant. The free breakfast was much better than the free breakfast at most hotels. There were several hot items and plenty of fresh fruit. They have a waffle maker and there was oatmeal also. They have coffee and hot chocolate all day long. The wifi worked very well and had a strong signal. The pool and hot tub were a little small but they were never full. We really looked forward to getting back to the hotel after a day of walking around DC. Whenever we are in the area we will certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I normally do not stay in any Hampton hotels because of bad prior experiences. However, my boss booked this hotel for our training. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The room/suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. The pillows were VERY comfy. I asked for more (because I am expecting) and they didn't hesitate to get what I needed. The complimentary breakfast was an added bonus. I will definitely stay in THIS one again and possibly try others as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Longmeadow, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Friendly staff. The driver took me from Dulles to the hotel then drove me over to McDonalds since it was so late there was nothing else open. When I checked in the desk clerk was very friendly and upgraded my room as well as arranging late check out. The room was immaculate and spacious, quiet and well appointed. The furnishings were nearly new. The internet was trouble-free and fast. The breakfast was standard fair but hot and plentiful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean, quiet and spacious, and the room we stayed in was updated and extremely comfortable. Even though we looked out onto Route 28, the traffic noise was negligible. We appreciated the breakfast buffet, which was constantly freshened and had more than just the basics you see everywhere else. At check-in, which was a little earlier than anticipated, I got no grief or scolding. Rather, they asked if we would accept an upgrade (because we're Hilton HHonors members). It was kind and professional, and the sort of treatment which ensures return business. We booked the room through the HHonors website, too, and felt like we got an extremely good price. Bottom line: We've stayed in many different airport hotels, including at least a half-dozen at IAD. This place is the best.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
It is very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay with us. It’s always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests like you. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you for an early check in and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is comments like yours that motivate us to do better and remain the best Hampton in the area.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us in the future.

Nick Shrestha
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites Dulles

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!